Two tone is it a big deal?

Fridge4211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just to be a little bit pedantic, the VCRA definition of two tone requires the main colour to be one of specific bright colours.

CoD style pretty designs don’t tend to be VCRA 2 tone compliant, however that doesn’t necessarily stop other colours being used and sold by some places

In reality though airsoft is a game for people to go and have some fun.  The colour of a gun for a few months has little real impact on someone’s ability to play, and should they be that bothered then they can rent

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

CoD style pretty designs don’t tend to be VCRA 2 tone compliant, however that doesn’t necessarily stop other colours being used and sold by some places

maxresdefault.jpgIdk man, some of the more recent popular CoD camos are very similar to VCRA compliant guns. Especially now that they've added the "custom paint" options. People running around with bright pink guns now :lol:

But I suppose CoD isn't the main topic here, fortunately for us all

3 hours ago, BigBlackGlock said:

maxresdefault.jpgIdk man, some of the more recent popular CoD camos are very similar to VCRA compliant guns. Especially now that they've added the "custom paint" options. People running around with bright pink guns now :lol:

But I suppose CoD isn't the main topic here, fortunately for us all

Similar but it’s not >50% ;-)

Never been an issue at any field I’ve played. If anything, I find myself listening to 2 tone guys more to see if they’re doing okay or to offer up any help etc, assuming that they’re new. Only think I will say is the KC-02 is a nice gun. If you ever came to sell it, you may struggle to sell a two tone for the money you would a normal one. 

2 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Never been an issue at any field I’ve played. If anything, I find myself listening to 2 tone guys more to see if they’re doing okay or to offer up any help etc, assuming that they’re new. Only think I will say is the KC-02 is a nice gun. If you ever came to sell it, you may struggle to sell a two tone for the money you would a normal one. 

Yeah get what your saying. Will either keep it or do custom paint. If it’s just the stock that will be easy as rest detaches easily.

Fridge

• Head Moderator
10 minutes ago, Fridge4211 said:

Close to I’d say. 

No, maybe 25% but definitely not 51%

Just now, Fridge4211 said:

Do the count the mag as part of the gun as it can easily be swapped. The rest looks like after add ons. But hey it’s a picture who really cares 

I as of course putting in ‘pedantic mode’ on my original comment .... and as I said, it wouldn’t pass VCRA definitions on two tone

If you were doing the statistics I was working on yesterday for the government then I would care about your perception of percentages 

• Head Moderator
5 minutes ago, Fridge4211 said:

Do the count the mag as part of the gun as it can easily be swapped.

No, it is not counted. Only the gun itself.

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Just to be a little bit pedantic, the VCRA definition of two tone requires the main colour to be one of specific bright colours.

And PatrolBase red isn't bright, and white and gold aren't on the list but it doesn't stop bbGunz4Lezz flogging them as IFs.

The whole issue is very silly and honoured more in the breach than the observance.

Buy what you like, do with it what you like, just be sensible (or harmlessly daft) and it'll never be an issue.

Two tone shouldn’t be an issue to anyone really, but my personal opinion I can’t see why anyone of legal age to purchase a RIF wouldn’t just wait the very short while / 3 visits to qualify for UKARA to allow them to purchase one that doesn’t look like a nerf gun.

Rental packages for 3 games is quite expensive so I can understand putting that money into a weapon which can be painted black after UKARA is obtained.

It actually makes more financial sense.

28 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Rental packages for 3 games is quite expensive so I can understand putting that money into a weapon which can be painted black after UKARA is obtained.

Would this end up almost as negative equity however in terms of parts/paints and/or effort and time spent over just waiting, as I know rental where I attend is £15 (so £45 over the required three visits).

if someone were to buy replacement parts for the painted parts would the savings be voided, and if selling as two tone could the associated loss of selling as two tone over RIF be equal to the cost that rental would have ultimately cost anyway. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Or you could see it from the other angle.

Buy Combat machine for £130ish two-toned.

Sell for £95 after you've got UKARA.

Your "Rental period" has only set you back £35.

3 hours ago, EDcase said:

Defo. Some two toned mixed with custom paint can be better than replicas

• Supporters
10 hours ago, EDcase said:

putting that money into a weapon which can be painted black after UKARA is obtained.

Why would you wait until you have a number on a retailer database which has no statutory or regulatory meaning?

Have any of you actually needed to explain yourself to authorities? If so, what exactly are you doing? 

Archived