Two tone is it a big deal?

Fridge4211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m really thinking about getting a kjw kc02 semi dmr. No ukara yet but is it a big deal. I know people will say it depends on the owner. I played last week and saw a guy with a cherry red looking m4. Looked good for a 2 tone. I’m guessing stripping and painting is relatively easy for future. I’m eager to play with my own kit and star finding my feet. 

Thoughts

Fridge

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Head Moderator

For playing with toy guns having two-tone is not a big deal really, more a personal preference.

Lots of topics on this subject, the search tool has a 3 character minimum length:

As Jedi said...

The only time a two tone gun will hinder you is if you are wanting to start playing Milsims which most organizers don't allow (part of the immersion) other than that it holds no baring on the workings of the gun or your play style, the only thing thats different is it may stand out a bit more than other players.

I think with some thought two tones could stand apart from RIFs, take a look at @GearTech his thread is amazing and he can paint a two tone gun which will look better than 95% of guns in the safe zone!

At the end of the day its a toy gun, if your happy with a two tone, then use it. It can always be covered, stripped, or sprayed over at a later date.

I would rather use a pink AK47 than sit in the safe zone moaning about realism if my gun packed up!

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

I would rather use a pink AK47 than sit in the safe zone moaning about realism if my gun packed up!

I've often joked that our group should go splits on one of the Pink Combat Machine M4s incase someone in the group has a gun break on them.

It'd be like on top gear when they have to use the awful back up vehicle on their big road trips.

But like you say, prefer to use a pink gun than waste that walk-on money.

Honestly Fridge, you'll be fine...

Only idiots will give you stick for having a two tone gun.

If you're under 18, it can't be helped anyway.

And we all love new guns and gear, so if you're buying one because you don't want to wait for a UKARA number then that's cool too :).

As long as there's good people playing airsoft, that's all that matters :)

• Supporters

Sure, two tone is fine as long as it's not Smurf Blue or Kermit Green.  If you're ordering from PatrolBase, their red is more burgundy rather than Tart's Lippy - I was very briefly tempted to leave my M4 two toned.

• Supporters

I don't like the look of them and wouldn't ever own one myself but I don't look down on people that do.

It's part of the law we all have to abide by. 

As said many times, it is no problem. Just don't join Facebook groups because their communities seem to be toxic and complain about everything, from two tones to women.

On the field or places like this, no one will bat an eye ^_^ Seen a few people over in the states paint their real ARs in a bunch of different bright colours, it is all down to preference. I'm sure if UKARA wasn't a thing, people would be painting their RIFs bright colours all the time to stand out.

• Supporters
Just now, BigBlackGlock said:

toxic and complain about everything, from two tones to women. 

Facebook in a nutshell then? 

4 hours ago, BigBlackGlock said:

Seen a few people over in the states paint their real ARs in a bunch of different bright colours, it is all down to preference. I'm sure if UKARA wasn't a thing, people would be painting their RIFs bright colours all the time to stand out.

I've said before, but it's funny how loads of guys are saving up their XP and buying in-game currencies in video games like COD or Battlefield to buy cool weapon skins, like red tiger stripes and blue and yellow snake skin etc and boasting about it on gaming forums etc, but come to airsoft and suddenly, two tones are evil :lol:

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

I've said before, but it's funny how loads of guys are saving up their XP and buying in-game currencies in video games like COD or Battlefield to buy cool weapon skins, like red tiger stripes and blue and yellow snake skin etc and boasting about it on gaming forums etc, but come to airsoft and suddenly, two tones are evil :lol:

Never thought of it like that :lol: True as can be

I was bought (by the wife - lucky me :) ) a two tone M4; green handguard & stock.  I knew I would want to change these parts anyway so I figured it's no big deal to be colourful for a couple of months... (I had played a free game elsewhere so I knew I liked airsoft already)

I figured if I rent for 4 games (or 5 in the end) before I can get a UKARA it's: 4 x £45 = £180

OR if I buy (get bought) a two tone and pay a walk-on fee it's: 4 x £20 = £80

It seemed sensible to put that £100 saved from rentals towards the M4 so it cost £120 instead of £220. (OK, it cost an extra £15 for a piss poor paintjob but it still worked out better overall especially as I played an extra game before I applied for a UKARA number...) A plus was I could also use the BBs I wanted and not the ones that they supplied with the rental kit.

Nobody cared about the two tone at a game, nor did I. There were and are always other players with a variety of two tones on show so you just blend in.

LOL... DeadShot from the Suicide Squad has a red two tone and noooobuddy messes with him for it...  :D

Yeah I don’t really care what people think. Dead shot is a great example specially when I’m getting a dmr. Most folk won’t see me anyway. Might make for a cool later paint remix as you say. Buying it anyway not all the money for mags etc.

anyone ever heard of cursed bbs by asg looking at the .30g ones?

Fridge

7 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Its about how you use it not what colour it is!!...

Oh wait... am I talking about airsoft?

Tell my wife that. She's had Idris Elba on her Christmas list for years now!

Archived