Upgrade broken gun or start over with something new?

Pricey-1991
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon folks, I'm in a bit of a dilemma my current gun is broken when I say broken it needs a new receiver as mine has somehow warped so doesn't go together and I've also lost a tiny pin some where. It also needs new motor connectors as one has snapped and the anti reverse latch has also broken don't ask me how coz I don't know lol the trigger was also getting stuck at times and would either not shoot at all or go mental and go full auto when I didn't want it to. So the question I have is whether to strip mine down get a new receiver and upgrade the internals or get a whole new gun and start over I've got about 200 quid to play with and have been looking on tiwaingun and found bits on there quite cheaply compared to say zero one or landwarrior airsoft. I quite like the idea of upgrading mine and that and am quite confident in doing it but just wondered what the census of opinion is as to whether to upgrade or start over. Cheers

if you are confident in your ability to rebuild the gearbox go ahead. personally just got a CYMA M14 from Taiwangun for £86 it is brilliant for the price. so get another gun you know will work that's cheap and than strip down your current gun and do a cheap rebuild and you'll have two guns.

• Supporters

Depends on how much of it you want to keep.  When you say the receiver is warped, how bad are we talking?

Also, how confident are you about rebuilding it really?  I ask because it doesn't sound like you've had much luck with it so far.

• Supporters

depending how boned any gun is.....

generally I'd say buy new and keep oldie for parts/spares

thing is you could get a new better receiver, f*ck about trying to swap bits about...

Then find out receiver has slight/major compatibility issues

Now in most cases you "should" be ok but you need to prepare for at least slight modding

Therefore, I suggest you consider maybe looking at at a new gun at a good price to avoid

"potential" grief

Not saying don't replace/repair but pointing all the possible issues & factors to consider

At least you will have a working gun on delivery

PLUS most importantly....

MORE GUNS - (not ANOTHER f*cking gun Mrs Duck says (forgetting the girly shoe mountain))

Archived