Drop Leg Holster setup advice needed

Gazmeister
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

5 hours ago, Gazmeister said:

yeah kinda, mine are a double m4 pouch with molle on the front, think they are called kangaroo pouches and then 2 x piston pouches connected to the molle on the front of the m4 pouches, and I wouldnt worry too much about being off balance etc.. I only have one thigh panel (on my left leg) and dont wander around in circles ;) 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Gepard said:

I haven't played a milsim so I can't comment really. If you get the skeletal variant like I have it has molle on the sides. Enough for 6 stanag mag pouches or other pouches. Not to mention the front with a kangaroo pouch and 6x3 molle space to stack and the rear for a couple of utility pouches.

I'd have thought that would be more than enough space as you could put the rest in a daysack or something. 

Yeah, it's the top space that makes it tricky - because I keep my sidearm on my vest at the top which take up space. Add a radio next to that and it won't fit on the thinner top end of a JPC. Not to mention a couple of flashbangs at the side too. 6 kangaroo magazines across the bottom take up all the space from left to right. Only leaves room at the back of the sides and the rear for a dump pouch, utility pouch with spare batteries and eye pro etc. I could free up some room by putting my pistol on a drop leg like this thread OP, but I find them pretty uncomfortable.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Yeah, it's the top space that makes it tricky - because I keep my sidearm on my vest at the top which take up space. Add a radio next to that and it won't fit on the thinner top end of a JPC. Not to mention a couple of flashbangs at the side too. 6 kangaroo magazines across the bottom take up all the space from left to right. Only leaves room at the back of the sides and the rear for a dump pouch, utility pouch with spare batteries and eye pro etc. I could free up some room by putting my pistol on a drop leg like this thread OP, but I find them pretty uncomfortable.

Ah I see your point. I don't use that area apart from a PTT on the left side when I use comms. I guess it's up to shooter's preference how they set up their PC. I could make it work. 

16 hours ago, Tackle said:

Hey Gaz, a bandoleer wouldn't work with a sling pack, the two would conflict, but as mine, a hd copy of the Blackhawk bandoleer, only has a 2" web strap on the back, I'm thinking I'll order the sling pack you've seen, temporarily tack it to the rear of my bandoleer, & if its feasible I'll modify it permanently, at that price it's not gonna break my heart to chop it about a bit, unlike my maxpedition lol.

the bandoleer I have is no longer made, closest copy I could find is this one:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Airsoft-Molle-Chest-Rig-OTS-Platform-6-Colors-BK-CP-TAN-BROWN-/111655596183?skus=Color:OD Green&varId=410666840751

My set up starts with the serpa top right, next to that are 4 tactical tailor 7.62 shingles, they'll hold m4 mags easily, as well as bigger stuff like m14/g36 mags, last two rows has a tactical tailor 5.56 shingle with a tactical tailor double pistol mag pouch piggy backed on top.

its all very low profile, & double stacking the pistol mag pouch works fine as its positioned just above my left hip.

dont run a traditional sling, instead  I have a length of hd 1" webbing secured under first pouch near sternum, looping under right arm & securing on strap in middle of back, & fitted on it is a push button quick release clip, so I can quite literally drop my primary, & it will slide to a vertical position high on my right hip, allowing me instant access to my secondary, it works very well & is a great rig for moving fast.

only pic I could find is a bit crap, but you can see how high it sits on the chest.

more food for thought lol ;)

image.jpg

Cheers for the Bandoleer link mate, and nice pic (had to zoom a bit lol!)... looking the part my friend.

its a proper good setup you've got mate.... like the way your primary can be easily dropped to the right and out the way so you can quickly goto the pistol or whatever... the low profile nature of the setup also appeals.  Am guessing you too have had a journey of trial and error re loadouts.... and now have ended up with a well thought out setup that suits you..  this is what im trying to achieve now.

that's a good idea re modding that sling to the bandoleer btw... as you say its so effing cheap that if it doesn't work then meh... whatever..... next!

1 hour ago, Gazmeister said:

Am guessing you too have had a journey of trial and error re loadouts.... 

This is why my advice is always buy the basics first, the list of stuff you "could" wear or need is 2 pages. In reality all you NEED is eye pro ;) a gun helps, and boots are good. Everything else solves a problem, load carrying, dump pouch, gloves, slings, helmets, comms, patches, then you have batteries, gun bling, slings, bbs, grenades......

See what I mean.

The best thing to do is to play the damn game!! I have spend almost 2 years buying things which look the part but in reality I dont like using and buying black for cqb and all green stuff for outdoors.

Its best to start simple and work out what works for YOU, all to easy to drop hundreds on gear you like the look of but then hate using!

Archived