Pick the Tacticool M4

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

From these 7 options of ladder covers, panel covers, grip, mag and stock options, which one looks the most "tacticool", out of these 7, if you HAD to choose one?

M4 Options.jpg

10 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Three. Can’t pick any of the even numbers, the ejection port is on the wrong side so the cases might burn my arm :D:D

rdb

Only way I could fit them in :D

• Supporters

5. I love the Black/Tan colour combination.

15 minutes ago, Gepard said:

5. I love the Black/Tan colour combination.

Good. That's the bits I've ordered :P

Couldn't decide between the ladder cover and the rib cover, eventually went with rib - bit more to hold on to and more protection when I'm leaning against walls so as not to damage the rail.

Tan STR Stock
Tan PMags
Tan Rail Rib Covers
PTS MBUS Rear Backup Sight
Tritium Illuminated HK-Style Front Backup Sight
Vertical Grip
EOTech 552 Clone

Can't wait for the bits to arrive. Been bloody ages in the post - since the 27th last month!

Final Build.jpg

• Supporters
2 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Good. That's the bits I've ordered :P

Couldn't decide between the ladder cover and the rib cover, eventually went with rib - bit more to hold on to and more protection when I'm leaning against walls so as not to damage the rail.

Tan STR Stock
Tan PMags
Tan Rail Rib Covers
PTS MBUS Rear Backup Sight
Tritium Illuminated HK-Style Front Backup Sight
Vertical Grip
EOTech 552 Clone

Can't wait for the bits to arrive. Been bloody ages in the post - since the 27th last month!

Final Build.jpg

It's actually the look I'm going for if I can find out how on earth I'm going to manage replacing the handguard and figuring out where to store the battery on my CM16 mod 0.

33 minutes ago, Gepard said:

It's actually the look I'm going for if I can find out how on earth I'm going to manage replacing the handguard and figuring out where to store the battery on my CM16 mod 0.

The G&G? Looks like that does a CTR style stock as standard. Handguard is easy - it's a standard delta ring, and looks like the front sight has a pin or grub screw to remove. You'll need to get a gas block/sight combo with a new gas tube if that's on your model, after that, you're pretty much sorted to get any commercial AR15 rail.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, AshOnSnow said:

The G&G? Looks like that does a CTR style stock as standard.

Made in G&G's eyes, yeah. Bit bulkier and a lot heavier. I swapped it out a while ago and haven't touched it since. 

Just now, Gepard said:

Made in G&G's eyes, yeah. Bit bulkier and a lot heavier. I swapped it out a while ago and haven't touched it since. 

The battery storage was the issue for me, that's why I bought the STR clone over the CTR - combines the storage of a crane stock with the ergonomics of an MOE/CTR stock.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, AshOnSnow said:

The battery storage was the issue for me, that's why I bought the STR clone over the CTR - combines the storage of a crane stock with the ergonomics of an MOE/CTR stock.

The mod 0 is front wired, hence my dilemma with exchanging handguards. 

5 minutes ago, Gepard said:

The mod 0 is front wired, hence my dilemma with exchanging handguards. 

Ahh. You know, in my line of work, speaker wire has always solved many many problems! Take the handguard off, connect some wires in, run it through the delta ring, along the side of the receiver and up to the back. If you can. Cant see why you shouldn't be able to. Reattach the plugs at the back.

• Head Moderator
7 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

From these 7 options of ladder covers, panel covers, grip, mag and stock options, which one looks the most "tacticool", out of these 7, if you HAD to choose one?

Number 6.  The tan 4 & 5 are the ugly sisters.

• Supporters

5 is clearly the most Operator.  Obviously that front grip has to spring out into a bipod, and it needs a drum mag, laser, strobe, and a 4x scope with a mini-red dot stacked on top.

Also:

nBFi9ua.png

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

5 is clearly the most Operator.  Obviously that front grip has to spring out into a bipod, and it needs a drum mag, laser, strobe, and a 4x scope with a mini-red dot stacked on top.

Also:

nBFi9ua.png

Lol

• Supporters
10 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Actually.....it doesn't.

I have an STR clone and the side pods really aren't as big as they look. The main issue is that where the rubber bits plug in at the back you would need to cut quite a hefty slot into the buffer tube to allow the wiring through. It's do-able but just don't expect it to be an out of the box solution. I solved it by using a stick lipo in the buffer tube.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

Actually.....it doesn't.

I have an STR clone and the side pods really aren't as big as they look. The main issue is that where the rubber bits plug in at the back you would need to cut quite a hefty slot into the buffer tube to allow the wiring through. It's do-able but just don't expect it to be an out of the box solution. I solved it by using a stick lipo in the buffer tube.

Ffs. I would have got a normal CTR if I’d have known.

I looked inside my buffer tube and there’s really no room for any kind of battery, apart from maybe something sized like a AAA.

• Supporters
On 1/8/2018 at 4:29 PM, AshOnSnow said:

Ffs. I would have got a normal CTR if I’d have known.

I looked inside my buffer tube and there’s really no room for any kind of battery, apart from maybe something sized like a AAA.

Really? I can fit a 7.4V 1300mAh LiPo in a standard M4 tube....

15 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Really? I can fit a 7.4V 1300mAh LiPo in a standard M4 tube....

It looks like the metal housing at the back of the gearbox extends up quite a way inside the buffer tube it’s certainly not empty down to the receiver. There’s only a few inches between the back of the gearbox and the end of the buffer tube. Although I haven’t been able to put the new stock on yet anyway - can’t get the locking pin to travel down far enough.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

It looks like the metal housing at the back of the gearbox extends up quite a way inside the buffer tube it’s certainly not empty down to the receiver. There’s only a few inches between the back of the gearbox and the end of the buffer tube. Although I haven’t been able to put the new stock on yet anyway - can’t get the locking pin to travel down far enough.

Ah, right. Gotcha.

I had the same issue with my STR. Once you do get it on it's easier to access the battery through the back of the stock.

3 hours ago, Lozart said:

Ah, right. Gotcha.

I had the same issue with my STR. Once you do get it on it's easier to access the battery through the back of the stock.

Managed to get the stock on finally, now I need to spend a hundred quid to get back in the action, since I need new pouches, gas and ammo

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Managed to get the stock on finally, now I need to spend a hundred quid to get back in the action, since I need new pouches, gas and ammo

I have some WAS M4 pouches if you're interested? They're tan DNSR ones.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

I have some WAS M4 pouches if you're interested? They're tan DNSR ones.

I’ll keep them in mind, but I’m bargain hunting and looking for swaps at the moment - the wallet is tight after Xmas!

Archived