Army Issue MTP PCS

richmt11
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning Guys,

I’ve been googling around and getting mixed results.

Basically after some size advice. I’ve read there is no “vanity sizing” so it’s actual measurements.

So for the trousers I wear a 34” Regular for all my trousers (got down from a 36” last year losing 2 stone!). Now that size is suitable for anything I buy in the shops. I recently got a new suit and again that was my size when I was measured up in store.

my waist actually measures 38” where I button up. So do I need 80-96-112 or go nearer my shop trouser size 80-88-104?

I think UBACS I’m ok with working out...

Cheers

Rich

with with NATO sizing everything is in centimeters so the first number is your inside leg, middle number is waist size, and the last number is your seat size hope this helps

Yeah I had that down enough, but it’s wether I go by converting my trouser size to cm and get those or actually measure my waist...

Yeah so 38” is measured with the tape measure and I’m happy that given my inside leg is be after the 80-96-112.

but is that how they actually come up? @smoorenator do you have some? What is your commercial trouser size? And what NATO size did you buy? How do they fit?

cheers

rich

i do run now a mtp load out and all the stuff i have ordered are a good fit from straight conversion, its what i do as a cadet instructor 99% of the time comes bang on the needed size.i know most places will change them if they are too small i tend to use military kit website as they are very good at changing sizes

Remeasure yourself for inside leg, waist, and around the backside

Then get the nearest applicable combination.

Dont buy the equivalent to a current pair of trousers.

When the Army changed from Soldier 95 style to PCS style a lot of soldiers ticked the box based on their current S95 clothing sizes instead of measuring, which means when the unit had their deliveries quite a few people had tight fits.

The measurements are not the measurements of the garment but ‘to fit a person of waist/inside leg/seat’ and different cut styles have different allowances for how loose or tight they are

Archived