Use of powerful pyro, yes or no?

Readman97
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

I never get why people mention when they get the drop on ex service people, anyone could get the drop on anyone. Just because you've managed to hide from someone relatively well holds no baring on who or what they are. 

Should have dropped a mk9 near them imagine how much they would have jumped then compared to a whistle!

Im allowed to use them at that site so certainly a possibility lmao

45 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Well, colour me wrong. I take it back.

Still, nice of someone to get a photo of your mum dropping you and your friends off...

That's also Mandy, the owner of the site and i tell you, she would knock ten bells out of any man in here including me lmao, she's a right little hard nut, but lovely nonetheless, just stay in her good books :D

10 hours ago, L3wisD said:

You blend right in there mate, I wouldn't have spotted you in the photo if you hadn't pointed it out.

Also, I play with ex-servicemen who were terrible soldiers :lol: it's not a free-pass to be considered godlike.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen servicemen get munched by a 14 year old playing his first ever game, but i certainly would have thought someone who's life depends on being able to spot enemies would have noticed  some bloke laid down 3 feet from him on a river banking lol :D

• Mostly Retired Moderators
50 minutes ago, Readman97 said:

Cheeky fecker, i have my own car

Oh, cool.. you've upgraded!

I did wonder how you managed to fit all your airsoft gear on your scooter :)

NtdnVso.jpg

Just now, L3wisD said:

NtdnVso.jpg

I used to have a giant top box on the back that fit my pistol case and pyro box, then my rifle in a guitar case on my back and clothing in a rucksack, it wasn't the best method ever, but i made it work! XD

15 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

That being said, i have to take the bike to where im playing at the moment for two reasons..

1) the car is far too low to get down the mud track to the site (only i would get a titanium model lol)

2) i haven't passed my test yet so on learner insurance, my dad doesn't play airsoft and refuses to sit in the car on his Todd for hours on end while i play lol, working towards my test though so when i pass it i think ill get a new car with a bit more ground clearance, i underestimated just how rough some of these Cornish roads can get lmao

Just now, jcheeseright said:

Bahahahahaha. I know exactly what site that is, I’m not on any level surprised that they didn’t see you, most of the attendees are either missing a chromosome or so old their corneas are rusty. 

As someone who moved down here from Leeds, i cant help noticing the locals arent terribly intelligent lmao, good group of guys i play with though

Just now, jcheeseright said:

Your problem is being solved very soon anyway, the site is closing. 

Either way, if you’re struggling with Mk5 there it’s down to the deafness/dishonesty of your opponents, not volume. 

This post is mainly about seeing if anyone uses them or not, the site is closing but they are in talks on finding a new location and have their eyes on some bloody good ones too

7 hours ago, Prisce said:

^Totally agree with that statement. We were at a game where there were a group of current serving servicemen, the hire portion of our team and the less experienced players immediately admitted defeat and said “We are going to lose every game”. 

Once we had explained that as a soldier they don’t won’t to get shot, instinct tells them not to, and as Airsofters with unlimited respawns getting shot is the way to win, they sorta eased up and we won the day.  

I think the perception that they are trained operators vs us “pretenders” makes people give up before even trying.

Whilst I dont agree with the statement, I get what your saying and this is why I enjoy airsoft. I dont take it seriously... Why hide behind a door 10 secs from the spawn getting wound up cos I cant break out? Just fricken charge out guns blazing, its not real life, getting shot mean a 10 second walk and im back in... if I have to do it 10 times before I get you I dont care there are no kill death ratios in Airsoft!!! As long as I get you if it takes me all day then im happy, or I go a different way!!

7 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Whilst I dont agree with the statement, I get what your saying and this is why I enjoy airsoft. I dont take it seriously... Why hide behind a door 10 secs from the spawn getting wound up cos I cant break out? Just fricken charge out guns blazing, its not real life, getting shot mean a 10 second walk and im back in... if I have to do it 10 times before I get you I dont care there are no kill death ratios in Airsoft!!! As long as I get you if it takes me all day then im happy, or I go a different way!!

I have a kd ratio. It's currently 7:127, I'll let you work out which way ;)

10 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I have a kd ratio. It's currently 7:127, I'll let you work out which way ;)

I cant count that high so I dont keep count anymore :P 

Context is king

A soldier will be trained to ideally stay alive and avoid being injured, and sticking together in teamwork.

When playing games though they may not care about that, and may not get the same level of adrenaline that a player gets after they have been in a full training environment or true action

In a playing envrionment we will still put it down to risk and reward.  

When I began we had very long walks in and out of the game zone.  I wouldn’t run straight into a firefight if I’ve already taken a minimum of half an hour to get there.

There may also be a timed spawn, in which case you can’t just walk out and in straight away

I have a different perception as to whether I have a long walk back to the start, only need to go to a specific base, to a moving spawn flag, medic etc or even curl up in the corner waiting on a medic so I don’t lose ground

If I can gain ground or possibly inspire someone then I may be more adventurous, in that if there is a stalemate line then a suicide move might motivate or I might get lucky and gain some glory.

I have run into the front entrance of a fort with just a pump action whilst their was a queue lined up at the corner.  I achieved one or two kills, who had a pretty much instant respawn then I had to walk 5 or 10 minutes to my spawn 

I had more fun then standing waiting and got a few meat stories told about me

Ive also as a faction commander run around like a demented idiot screaming at the opposition and throwing pyro whilst constantly being shot out and respawning ..... in theory not clever when kills were being counted, but my team followed and we gained ground

Again I’ve also carried a staff with a corn dolly on the end waving it up above a corn field.

I was flicking flags with the staff to gain control of specific points, and then disappearing in the corn, giving my side something to laugh at and the opposition something to hunt.  A bit of morale for my guys and a distraction for the opposition - making an easier fight for mine to get more objectives

Games can be won by numbers and attrition, or they can be won by objectives.  It’s often vital to understand the game.

You can capture lots of buildings, but still lose on the holding of objectives even if you controlled them for longer. If the scoring is at certain time points then it can be a waste of manpower to hold a safe objective that currently doesn’t count as opposed to a big fight to capture another at the right moment 

38 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

This makes me wonder has anybody ever tried to keep track of their KD ratio and if so how sad are they?

I can guarantee someone has. I did on my first ever game. 1:keep touching the wall to respawn wasn't too bad

4 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I can guarantee someone has. I did on my first ever game. 1:keep touching the wall to respawn wasn't too bad

I try to keep track in scored games simply because if you're racking up 20 deaths to a kill, you're a burden to your team and it may cost them the game, i like to make sure i get more kills than deaths to help secure a win for my team, after all, every death for you is a point for the enemy! As for non scored games though, i don't bother keeping track

Archived