Couple of vintage Tokyo Marui 1911's value advice

Chris_B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, need some advice,

I recently acquired a couple of old school gas 1911's they appear to be 1990's vintage, maybe older, but I can't find any information on them whatsoever.

They are all plastic, made in Japan and fixed slide (non blowback)

They work absolutely fine, they have a gas chamber in the pistol grip (which is gas tight) and have a 15 round stick style magazine.

They are both fixed hop and are both double action triggers.

They both have adjustable rear sights for elevation and windage. Has safety lever too.

They are in mint condition, only a few light scuffs on the paint, but there is  nothing broken or missing on them.

They are marked with 'ASGK made in Japan' which I learnt that ASGK are the regulatory body for licencing all imitation firearms in Japan, so basically it could be any Japanese airsoft manufacturer. Not 100% sure if it's Tokyo Marui as I'm not sure when they started manufacturing GBBP's

Both pistols take HFC134a gas, but I have chronographed it on standard green gas with no issues.

Brown grip 1911 chrono's at 304 fps

Black grip 1911 chrono's at 265 fps

Just wanted to ask some of you experienced airsofters on the market value of them and if anyone's interested.

Please see attached photo of them.

Thanks for reading,

Chris

IMG_20180105_145535.jpg

They are the TM AMT Hardballer and a TM Centimeter Master IIRC. 

Going rates around £40 each I would say. 

Would quite like the Hardballer - the longer one, if you decide to sell. 

Hi Dentonboy,

You are spot on, a quick Google search sprung up an abundance of links that are am identical match to what I have.

The velocities I chronographed them at with green gas shows that they are performing as originally advertised (being my green gas put fps slightly higher than HFC134a).

What sort of era were these sold in? As I could only find the centimeter master discontinued on eHobbyasia and the AMT Hardballer in an auction 2 years ago for $400! Lol.

These were early 90s.

They may well be worth more, but their original selling price was only around £50 brand new. Tbf, they have been discontinued for a good while. 

They are Marui classics. 

Lol that hatdbuller is funky isn't it, I quite like it.. Shame it's not blowback though, but still pretty cool :)

ATB Marc 

Hi guys,

Fyi, I have listed these two up for sale, to give everyone a fair chance

Link: https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/topic/39577-early-90s-tokyo-marui-1911s-for-sale/

Chris

I picked mine up for around £35ish on a forum two years ago, I bought it because I was a beginner and all I saw in my eyes was "CHEAP TM" mine has one safety missing just like yours! Don't forget to advertise the gas efficiency as they're pretty great!

Archived