New and looking for a group to practice with

healingun90
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't think it would be very wise to run around firing RIFs/IFs in abandoned buildings or fields in London or anywhere else public... if anyone sees you doing that you may/will get an armed response! AFAIK it would be illegal to do so in public anyway. Fine if you have permission on private land to do so but if not then please don't. Other than that it gives all of us a bad name if you get caught doing that in public.

Just practice at home or find somewhere you think is more reasonable. I pay £20 for a full day with my own gear, otherwise I just practice in a hallway or in the garden. I know money is relative but £30 isn't that steep to enjoy the activity legally.

• Supporters

There's a fair few players on this forum in the London area. I know it's not what you're asking, but perhaps you could meet up and play together?

Airsoft with friends makes the experience that much better. You never know, somebody might have a bit of land you could use for backyard shooting (although unlikely in London).

• Head Moderator
6 hours ago, healingun90 said:

Hi guys is there a place in or around London that you go to practice for free or very little money (abandoned buildings, fields... etc)? Not keen on paying 30 pounds every time I want to use a venue even with my own gear.

Peace,

Gabe

Welcome :)

Even though I play airsoft, I would not hesitate to call the police if I saw a group of people outside with guns. In part the VCRA was introduced to limit people running around with realistic looking toy guns and frightening the public. Do not want to bring the hobby into disrepute by being irresponsible.

Hi guys,

Thank you for your responses. I am aware of the danger of alerting the authorities, my dad is a cop. I was asking cause back home (mountains of Gran Canaria) my mates go to an abandoned house in the middle of a field and play some epic games. The owner of the property is a family friend. I guess that is too much to ask in London.

Anyway, there is a place in South London called Tactical Warfare Airsoft and has a 10 quid half day walk on. Have you been?

Yup, TWA is where I often play. It's a fun site - not very big. A combo of woodland and a purpose built basic village. A variety of game modes and there's always a good turnout of people; old and new, vets and noobs. You will need boots for this place!

Certainly a good place to practice due to it's size and cheap.

Archived