Choosing Sniper rifles out the box!

Oneshotonekill
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys! Hope you lot of pros can help me. I’m hoping to go into Firesupport soon to pick my new Airsoft sniper rifle! Now I’m choosing between this lot! 

TM Vsr 10 gspec 

asg m40-NOT the sportline one 

ares amoeba striker 

TM l96 

classic army m24 LTR 

now I don’t have any money to put into the gun,upgrade wise! So I want the one that’s gonna proform the best out of the box. If one of you pros out there tell me what the pros and cons are of each gun that would be great. 

Hope you can help 

Cheers George 

• Supporters

Certainly not a pro but.. I really liked the VSR 10 for the few times I had the opportunity to try one out. 

I'm sure there's a few DIY mods that you can apply to your gun until you upgrade it. 

With no mods... probably the m24 or the asg based off the TM’s really low FPS. Sniping isn’t something you do if you just buy an off the shelf rifle and play. The only one I’ve ever seen with good stock performance is the VFC m40a5 gas version. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

If you can't put the extra money into doing it up, you'll most likely end up disappointed. The performance just isn't there. It's almost implied by the manufacturer that you have to put the work in.

This is why I have a problem with a video Novritsch made in December (called "don't buy an airsoft gun until you've watched this" - or something along those  lines) in which  he essentially told new players to pick up a sniper rifle (specifically his SSG24) instead of an AEG (AE-Cheese in Nov Speak).

There's going to be a lot of non-upgraded sniper rifles in the classifieds soon.

Soon, every skirmish will be 80% players with sniper rifles... 

• Supporters

If your after a sniper, look for a pre-upgraded second hand one. All the work has been done, and all the money spent. 

Save your money, and your time and collect a little more money and scour the classifieds. There was a CA M24 upgraded for £120 the other month. Bargains can be had, just have patience.

If you buy a non upgraded sniper, you shall be bitterly disappointed. You probably won’t lift higher than .36g BBs and won’t get 60m, and if you can, it won’t be consistent, which most tuned AEGs can reach easily and can push a lot more down the barrel in the time you can chamber 2.

I say buy the TM, it has low fps, that's true, but it's a laser out of the box and you can't hear it from 10m..

Plenty of upgrades available, the design is a decade old yet it's the best bolt action out there..

Fps isn't everything. The TM would be the most skirmishable out of the box, but if you're going to upgrade it in the future you're basically looking at completly gutting it and replacing all the internals. The same goes for the others with regard to upgrades. Even with the TM and heavy weight ammo, you're not going to have any range advantage over someone with a decent AEG.

I thought it would be great to start out with a sniper rifle and was quickly disappointed. I was saved from giving it all up as a waste of time when someone lent me a moderately breathed on AEG. So if I had to do it all again, I'd get a basic AEG, have fun, learn the game, learn a bit about modifying and build up a decent BASR as and when I could afford the bits. Then when you hit the field with it, you'll actually have a gun that'll be fun to play with.

13 hours ago, L3wisD said:

This is why I have a problem with a video Novritsch made in December (called "don't buy an airsoft gun until you've watched this" - or something along those  lines) in which  he essentially told new players to pick up a sniper rifle (specifically his SSG24) instead of an AEG (AE-Cheese in Nov Speak).

Let the money flow in a niche hobby/sport and you'll kill it.

He has become a seller, he has to sponsor his own gun so he makes videos like that one.. And sniping is the main reason why new players don't stick to airsoft and quit after a couple of games.

Telling new players to buy a 300+$ bolt action instead of a AEG is just plain stupid...

• Supporters

A&K M24 isn’t bad out of the box, and has some of the key parts ready for upgrade, if you search for it online you’ll see a basic review and what to do to get it “perfect”. 

@Samurai is the man to ask, he is our resident sniper guru.

The answer was the TM. But it's not necessarily the one to buy as a long term upgrade platform.

Right guys. Now I’m looking for a gas/co2 sniper. What’s the best one. I would prefer co2 because it’s Less expensive,MORE POWERRRRRR! Now don’t say that go for a spring one and I yes I do know there more consistent. But I’ve lived with gas guns now I want a sniper one so don’t be a douche and just answer the question 

VSR or L96 with a Mancraft SDIK. Light, short bolt pull, very consistent and accurate, adjustable fps.

And if you want to continue receiving helpful answers, please wind your neck in...

1 hour ago, Oneshotonekill said:

Right guys. Now I’m looking for a gas/co2 sniper. What’s the best one. I would prefer co2 because it’s Less expensive,MORE POWERRRRRR! Now don’t say that go for a spring one and I yes I do know there more consistent. But I’ve lived with gas guns now I want a sniper one so don’t be a douche and just answer the question 

A friendly suggestion that you be a little more polite on the forums. This isn’t the first time your attitude has been commented on when people are trying to help you with their honest advice.

Yeah sorry guys about my attitude I’ve had a couple of horrible people on the phone from shops and they don’t just give me a simply answer. Sorry guys thanks for giving a straight answer though. Keep with the answers tho cause more choices 

On 1/6/2018 at 9:51 AM, Dentonboy said:

Great, sniper hunting is my fave pastime in woodland games ;) 

If you want something cheap, I have a Swiss arms c02 rifle that is 450ish FPS stock but is VSR compatible so you can change the bolt and convert it to spring later if wanted. So could buy the upgrades bit by bit then swap it over when you have the full set up

Only cost £75

On 06/01/2018 at 9:51 AM, Dentonboy said:

What's the attraction to being a sniper? I find running around with an M4 way too much fun to swap for a sniper:huh:

Cheers wiggle5 for the advice but I really just wanna get the gun and go and skirmish with it. If you get what I mean. I know it’s car compatible so that’s not really to bad but then they might not fit and then... we’ll you get what I mean 

28 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

What's the attraction to being a sniper? I find running around with an M4 way too much fun to swap for a sniper:huh:

It’s fun on certain sites where you want a slower, stealthier approach (and especially good on hot summer days when you don’t want to be sprinting and sweating all over the place). But you NEED to have a well upgraded gun for it, otherwise it’ll be more frustrating over anything else.

10 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

sniper:huh:

Alright cheers everyone! I think later on I will bring in a ares striker to the collection but later. Now anyway I know it’s completley off topic about snipers but what’s your views on the we g36! It’s cheap for a start and looks decent! Is there anyothers out there. And then back on to the sniper topic is that what’s your views,guys of the kJ m700 takedown gas rifle! But as you can see I’m toying with a couple of things. Cheers George 

Archived