M4/AR15 Stocks

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Lots of different options out there for stocks on the M5 platform. What do you use, and why did you choose it?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I've got a few and vary between them. I think my favourite is the Magpul MOE carbine style stock.

Looks great on an M4, is nice and lightweight and shouldering is really comfortable. 

Perhaps not very unique, but works well enough for me.

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

I've got a few and vary between them. I think my favourite is the Magpul MOE carbine style stock.

Looks great on an M4, is nice and lightweight and shouldering is really comfortable. 

Perhaps not very unique, but works well enough for me.

Yep my M4 came with a SOPMOD style crane stock, I’ve just bought an STR clone Haven’t ventured into the world of LiPo yet.

I currently use a replica of the MFT battlelink minimalist stock in FDE..

I chose it because it is comfortable on my shoulder, it's low profile and very light! It is also a snug fit on my buffer tube and doesn't wobble at all compared to the standard troy style amoeba stock..

I lost some battery space and now I need to remove the stock instead of just opening the buttpad, but I really like its ergonomics..

On my other one I'm still running the standard mp5 style stock, but I'll replace it soon with my old element CTR replica (more battery space and it will shift the centre of mass towards the rear of the gun)..

My Sopmod came with a cheap crane stock. It was a bit chunky/clunky and I could never get it to shoulder right with an eotech. I think I must be the only person to find an eotech not mounting high enough on an M4 and you never see them on risers (or I haven't!).

I swapped the crane out for a G&G clone of the Sopmod Ace Madbull stock.... better & lighter which is funny as I'd of thought an ally stock would be heavier than a plastic one. Battery space is scarce but it's comfy and fits my frame. I need better fitting batteries, the nunchuck batteries from the crane are just sloppy in there.

My favorite m4 stock of all time is the Magpul UBR stock (however that wasn't on an Airsoft RIF...). Although this Ace clone is coming close but a different beast really - over the top vs minimal. Both good, comfy and solid additions.

23 minutes ago, Immortal said:

My Sopmod came with a cheap crane stock. It was a bit chunky/clunky and I could never get it to shoulder right with an eotech. I think I must be the only person to find an eotech not mounting high enough on an M4 and you never see them on risers (or I haven't!).

I swapped the crane out for a G&G clone of the Sopmod Ace Madbull stock.... better & lighter which is funny as I'd of thought an ally stock would be heavier than a plastic one. Battery space is scarce but it's comfy and fits my frame. I need better fitting batteries, the nunchuck batteries from the crane are just sloppy in there.

My favorite m4 stock of all time is the Magpul UBR stock (however that wasn't on an Airsoft RIF...). Although this Ace clone is coming close but a different beast really - over the top vs minimal. Both good, comfy and solid additions.

Probably because EOTechs are designed to sit at the correct height to align with the A2 standard sight set.

eotech12.jpg

1 minute ago, AshOnSnow said:

Probably because EOTechs are designed to sit at the correct height to align with the A2 standard sight set.

That'll be why then... LOL

Just now, Immortal said:

That'll be why then... LOL

I removed my carry handle and front A2 sight to replace them with a tritium flip up HK style sight on the front, and Magpul MBUS on the rear. They still align with the EOTech though.

I designed a DMR that had an HK416 base and used a magpul PRS stock. Never got around to getting it built up for me though. Never rich enough :P

dmr.jpg

I have had a ridiculous amount of stocks but as aforementioned, my favourite has been the Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine stock (with extended buttpad). Seems the perfect length, has absolutely zero wobble, lightweight and looks brilliant. Not too bad of a price either. Provides a nice change to the standard CTR/MOE stocks too.

MOE or Battlelink compact on my carbine, ICS stubby on the CQB and an MOE rifle stock on the DMR.

MAG404-single-2-15.png?format=jpg&width=

1 hour ago, BigBlackGlock said:

I have had a ridiculous amount of stocks but as aforementioned, my favourite has been the Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine stock (with extended buttpad). Seems the perfect length, has absolutely zero wobble, lightweight and looks brilliant. Not too bad of a price either. Provides a nice change to the standard CTR/MOE stocks too.

Where did you get the extended buttpad?

14 hours ago, BigBlackGlock said:

Hmm I will have to wait until my new stock arrives and check if it fits.

My real steel Magpul MOE crane stock is definitely most favourite. It's the most comfortable out of my various stocks an has a better cheek weld than the slimline MOE. Only problems are that it doesn't fit a crane style battery and isn't quick release so it's foing to live on my GBBR when that arrives.

received_1501673419948975.jpeg

• Supporters

Having tried 90% of the Magpul stocks as well as B5 systems, BCM gunfighter, MFT Tac, VLTOR and a few other military stocks I'll simply say this; in a game where the guns have either zero or almost zero recoil, none of it really matters.

Pick something that's a good fit on the buffer tube.  If you really must have storage in the stock or sling attachment points then choose accordingly but I personally recommend only attaching slings direct to the gun and keeping the stock nice and light.  If you want battery storage in there look at the krytac stock or PTS EPS.

20 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

My real steel Magpul MOE crane stock is definitely most favourite. It's the most comfortable out of my various stocks an has a better cheek weld than the slimline MOE. Only problems are that it doesn't fit a crane style battery and isn't quick release so it's foing to live on my GBBR when that arrives.

received_1501673419948975.jpeg

That looks like an STR, not an MOE.

The MOE doesn’t have the lock underneath. The CTR has the lock, and a QD mount, and the STR is like the CTR except it has storage like the crane stocks. Are you saying you have a CTR and it DOESNT fit the crane batteries?

E744D820-78E0-4FDE-AE0F-D612F31B0F84.jpeg

165DABBD-AD7F-4A0F-AB94-CBA696241DA0.jpeg

22 hours ago, BigBlackGlock said:

Which stock is it?

STR Clone. I was going to get a CTR but wanted the storage for NiMH batteries.

6 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

That looks like an STR, not an MOE.

The MOE doesn’t have the lock underneath. The CTR has the lock, and a QD mount, and the STR is like the CTR except it has storage like the crane stocks. Are you saying you have a CTR and it DOESNT fit the crane batteries?

E744D820-78E0-4FDE-AE0F-D612F31B0F84.jpeg

165DABBD-AD7F-4A0F-AB94-CBA696241DA0.jpeg

Well spotted. I don't have it with me atm to check. The battery tubes on the side don't fit lipos and they don't have space for the wires to connect to them

Archived