M4/AR15 Stocks

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Well spotted. I don't have it with me atm to check. The battery tubes on the side don't fit lipos and they don't have space for the wires to connect to them

Hm. Maybe the one I’ve ordered will have space for wires since they’re built for airsoft. Otherwise you could always drill a couple of holes to pass the wires through. Can’t you put lipos in your buffer tube?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AshOnSnow said:

Hm. Maybe the one I’ve ordered will have space for wires since they’re built for airsoft. Otherwise you could always drill a couple of holes to pass the wires through. Can’t you put lipos in your buffer tube?

Probably because mine's real steel. I do run them in the buffer tube.

2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I've still got NiMH batteries, so they don't fit in the buffer tube. At least I don't think they do. Never tried to be honest.

6 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

And first thing on the facebook trending news - a shootout in mexico.

Mexican tactical police response using CTR stocks. (And from the looks of it, they've painted the handguard rail [without even removing it] and weaponlight themselves to try and match the colour).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/eleven-dead-after-gun-battle-erupts-outside-mexican-beach-resort/ar-BBI2GPx

Well GOD DAMN

My STR came this morning and you’re right -it just about doesn’t fit batteries.

FUUUUUUUUU....

4 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Well GOD DAMN

My STR came this morning and you’re right -it just about doesn’t fit batteries.

FUUUUUUUUU....

Exactly my reaction.

23 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Exactly my reaction.

Cant get it to fit on either. The locking pin won’t depress far enough down to slide over the buffer tube.

3 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Yeah it's a right pain. I use a flathead screwdriver to lever the pin on the side 

I’ve tried levering it down, even at the bottom, it’s still not far enough.

13 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Yeah it's a real pain

How do you get it on the buffer tube then?

49 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Yeah it's a real pain

Okay, it’s official, it WILL NOT fit onto the buffer tube. I even fashioned a spacer to push it and hold it down from the inside, and the pin is so stiff it’s literally gouged a hole in the spacer!

9761561A-D528-4595-955F-1415CCFF8C05.jpeg

Just now, PopRocket123 said:

You remind me of my dad :D 

Can your dad fit an STR Stock? Lol

8 minutes ago, Aengus said:

Is your stock tube shaped like this:

l3DJQRi.png

Try filing it so it looks like the bottom one. Had this problem on my g&g with a clone mft stock.

I don’t quite understand what you’ve drawn here. Are you suggesting I remove the rear stop on the buffer tube? Because then nothing would stop any kind of stock just pulling straight off when I move it.

9 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

I don’t quite understand what you’ve drawn here. Are you suggesting I remove the rear stop on the buffer tube? Because then nothing would stop any kind of stock just pulling straight off when I move it.

Well if the stock has a locking mechanism it shouldn't fall off at the back. I'll go get a photo to show you what I mean.

7 minutes ago, Aengus said:

e2ADgJy.jpg

GU6OHDe.jpg

Hopefully you can see where I have filed. Should be able to do what I've done with the previous picture and these.

Yeah I see what you mean. But if I do that, every time I move the stock to the furthest position, I run the risk of pulling it off completely as there’s nothing stopping it. Also I don’t know yet if there’s an issue with the stock and the pin will pull back far enough even to change positions at all.

1 minute ago, AshOnSnow said:

Yeah I see what you mean. But if I do that, every time I move the stock to the furthest position, I run the risk of pulling it off completely as there’s nothing stopping it.

The locking mechanism on your stock should keep it held in, no? Mines is still a bitch to get on and off even with the filing I have done to it. I'm assuming your stock tube has the dent thingys for the stock pin thingy to go in?

Just now, Aengus said:

The locking mechanism on your stock should keep it held in, no? Mines is still a bitch to get on and off even with the filing I have done to it. I'm assuming your stock tube has the dent thingys for the stock pin thingy to go in?

The locking mechanism won’t keep it in if i’ve filed away the only part holding it in. I could depress the lock and slide it all the way off.

11 minutes ago, Aengus said:

image.jpg

45 minutes ago, Aengus said:

Does your stock have a round pin in it? You could try filing the bit I filed down to the same height as the top of the circle bits then see if the stock will fit on?

If I did that, it wouldn't latch on to any stop positions and it would just sliding all over the place.

Archived