Hearing protection/ comms for fast helmet

DiceyRicey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After quickly realising that this hobby will not be good for my hearing, with 120db grenades going off next to my head. I need hearing protection/ comms for my one Tigris fast helmet.

I was thinking of the Earmor M32H (or similar?)  but I have an integrated visor that fits to the rail, so no room for placement of the headphones?!

Surely this can't be the first time someone's encountered this problem, any advice would be gratefully received......

image.jpg

image.jpg

Only thing I could recommend is probably a 'Throat mic' setup, (Have comm earpiece in one ear and a normal earplug in the other to protect your hearing) seeing as that mandible face guard partially covers your ears and very doubtful you could run any set of over ear comms.  Though.....maybe you could run a M32 under the helmet and trim away some of the plastic on the mandible guard so it fits? (I have M32 & M32H)

I have the same helmet setup on the top picture, with my Earmor's....if & when I go play CQB I have a 1-Tigris face mask which i've modded so it attaches into the helmet clips, so I can clip in & out of it with ease.

• Supporters

Unfortunately you're not going to be able to fit a headset such as the earmor M32 with that mask there. 

Perhaps if you cut away that little lip at the end there? I don't know.. It could be a tight fit. Even then you've got no rail space left.

I imagine you're going to have to do a fair bit of DIY to get this setup to work. 

• Supporters
On 05/01/2018 at 11:02 PM, DiceyRicey said:

I'm trying to imagine how you've fixed the face guard onto the helnet

This is a commercial product but the same principle applies. 

[link]

Alternatively you could attach the mask to your goggles by zip typing them together. 

13 hours ago, DiceyRicey said:

Cheers gents, Monkman I'm trying to imagine how you've fixed the face guard onto the helmet, any chance of a pic please?

This how it's setup...but never tried it yet.  Considering how the straps go around the headset, I may just undo the modification and strap it on my head, under the helmet...but that's one of the fun things about 'gear' is finding out what works and what is sh*t..lol

20180106_124940.jpg

20180106_124956.jpg

20180106_125549.jpg

20180106_125618.jpg

20180106_130020.jpg

Archived