TM Kel-tec KSG 12

Paltala
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was wondering what experience people have with this gun. I'm looking at getting one for myself and while they're £350 new, my site has one for sale used but, based off the pictures as I've not had chance to go see it in person, it comes with a sling, 2 gas tanks and 18 shells all for £350. Obviously I'll have a look at it when I'm down on Sunday but I'm liking the look of it.

A few specifics I'm questioning though before I make definitely buy it.

• What gas would you use in it? I've seen Black Gas somewhere (I think a Matt the Musketeer video) but I'm not sure how well that'd go down in say middle of summer
  • With stock internals what sort of range are you looking at for it?
  • How many shells/shots could a single tank fire before running out
  • What's the weight of it like when running around
  • If I were to take it to a milsim, how effective could it be and how many shells would I be allowed to take onto the field?

Had the TM Breacher :

Range was about 40-50m easily with good spread. 

Gas - I would probably use nothing stronger than Nuprol 2.0 for a TM Gas gun, but that is just me. I mainly use that in mine, or Abbey. 

Breacher could do about 4-5 shells on a gas charge I would say. The one you are looking at with a bigger tank could do more. 

Have a look, buy if you like it and it all works. TM hold their values pretty well if relatively unmodified.

Been on the receiving end, they are pretty awesome in cqb!! I came away looking like I has measles   :P 

11 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Been on the receiving end, they are pretty awesome in cqb!! I came away looking like I has measles   :P 

Probably not as bad as a lad at my site on Sunday just gone. He was on the receiving end of an APS Shell-ejecting shotgun. Took a shot to the side of the face (all that was visible), 9 nice little welts with a couple bleeding as well. He was not happy and that's when I learned those things fire 12 BB's per shot and also found out that they don't spread like a normal shotgun would.

So I went and bought the KSG that was on sale today and played with it for the afternoon.

Holy sh*t that gun is fun as f*ck.

Definitely a good purchase.

6 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

So all the BBs just clump right together in one solid mass even after 20m+?

Pretty much. Each shell has a 'plastic cage' for want of a better term which is what fires out of the shell and from the barrel. Each of these 'cages' has upwards of 12 BB's in them with a small sticker to keep them in the shell before firing. As it turns out, when fired, due to the 'cage' the BB's don't spread like they would from a normal tri-shot shotgun. They stick closer together so you get hit by more. My mate who was playing that day said he got shot from across a room (About 25M) and got hit by at least half of the BB's from one shell, or at least what felt like half.

People were not happy about those shotguns and it was tricky to marshall with them.

Archived