The other new guy

Black_Ice931
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

in a month or two I'll get the UKARA and I'm starting to look for a gun (and accessories).

I've read that for beginners (I played airsoft for a while with a 2nd hand gun, but I need a new one) an ICS G33 or an Armalite M15 are good enough to (re)start without spending too much (are they both using M4 magazines? ).

But what I'm asking here is: would you suggest the Nuprol Pioneer Defender? Is their cheap/entry level version of the classic M4, polymer&metal with metal gearbox.

Also I think I'll play more indoor games than outdoor's; would you recommend something that a player must have? (something not very useful outside, if there is something)

Thanks

definitely get a decent set of goggles and a lower face mask, not sure about the rifs, I've got no experience with them.

also get a decent pair of gloves and good pair of boots!

The storyline ICS models are very good for the £150 price tag and are much easier to fix than the standard gearboxes. I’d recommend one to anybody. They often have deals where they come with batteries and sometimes even eye pro 

Hi,

Whatever Rif you buy make sure it's firing below 330 FPs as you will not be able to use it in most indoor sites. Also  you only want something short for CQB,(close quarter battle) as a full size rifle is too awkward. Also playing indoors is not for the faint hearted, as it does hurt when hit from a few yds so make sure you have as much skin covered as possible. My advise is get a few games outdoors under your belt first, as so many people are put off by playing indoors as their first experience of airsoft.

By all means take a look at our store if you are local to our shop in Birmingham pop in for a chat or happy to give advise online

Kind regards

Rob  

• Supporters

If you're looking for a budget M4 just go for a raider. Durable, accurate, easy enough to upgrade.. 

Or if you're looking to go really cheapo then a CYMA M4 will still get the job done, especially if you're in CQC, but you do get what you pay for so just bare that in mind.

@xWebster Less chance of falling down a rabbit hole indoors so I wouldn't wear a pair of boots. Typically you'll want to be fast on your feet and running trainers will work better for that enviroment. 

If it's mostly indoors/CQB then you'll want a short-ish style. G&G is a good starting point, maybe something like a Firehawk or maybe even a Wasp (doesn't have a stock, very good for extreme CQB). I would also recommend full face protection and full seal eye pro, whether that's goggles and mesh or a full mask is up to you but getting shot in the teeth can't feel too great. To answer your question about the Nuprol, I've heard mixed things, some people think they're great, others have had a couple of issues but I've never actually used one so I can't say if you should or not and it also depends on your price range. Good luck have fun out there!

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, Gepard said:

Less chance of falling down a rabbit hole indoors so I wouldn't wear a pair of boots. Typically you'll want to be fast on your feet and running trainers will work better for that enviroment.

I would disagree. Good ankle support is very important for all environments, you will appreciate having it when you do trip over/fall down inside or slip on stairs, etc. There are plenty of modern boots that are lightweight and have ankle support. Of course footwear is a matter of preference but I always think it looks odd when a player is all dressed-up with plate carriers / vests / chest rigs and a pair of trainers.

2 hours ago, TARGETSZONE.CO.UK said:

Hi,

Whatever Rif you buy make sure it's firing below 330 FPs as you will not be able to use it in most indoor sites. Also  you only want something short for CQB,(close quarter battle) as a full size rifle is too awkward. Also playing indoors is not for the faint hearted, as it does hurt when hit from a few yds so make sure you have as much skin covered as possible. My advise is get a few games outdoors under your belt first, as so many people are put off by playing indoors as their first experience of airsoft.

By all means take a look at our store if you are local to our shop in Birmingham pop in for a chat or happy to give advise online

Kind regards

Rob  

1 hour ago, OHDFoxy said:

If it's mostly indoors/CQB then you'll want a short-ish style. G&G is a good starting point, maybe something like a Firehawk or maybe even a Wasp (doesn't have a stock, very good for extreme CQB). I would also recommend full face protection and full seal eye pro, whether that's goggles and mesh or a full mask is up to you but getting shot in the teeth can't feel too great. To answer your question about the Nuprol, I've heard mixed things, some people think they're great, others have had a couple of issues but I've never actually used one so I can't say if you should or not and it also depends on your price range. Good luck have fun out there!

Having prescription glasses suggested me to go for a full face mask, need just to find a proper one, so thank you for the advice to cover as much as possible.

1 hour ago, OHDFoxy said:

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

If you're looking for a budget M4 just go for a raider. Durable, accurate, easy enough to upgrade.. 

Or if you're looking to go really cheapo then a CYMA M4 will still get the job done, especially if you're in CQC, but you do get what you pay for so just bare that in mind.

@xWebster Less chance of falling down a rabbit hole indoors so I wouldn't wear a pair of boots. Typically you'll want to be fast on your feet and running trainers will work better for that enviroment. 

I didn't even considered those rifles, but now raider and the firehawk look interesting. (If I want can I add something to the firehawk's barrel? or should I change it?)

• Supporters

17 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

I would disagree. Good ankle support is very important for all environments, you will appreciate having it when you do trip over/fall down inside or slip on stairs, etc. There are plenty of modern boots that are lightweight and have ankle support. Of course footwear is a matter of preference but I always think it looks odd when a player is all dressed-up with plate carriers / vests / chest rigs and a pair of trainers.

To each there own I suppose. I'll definitely agree that having some sort of ankle support is a good thing. I just find it easier to run around indoors with trainers rather than boots, even if they don't offer that same protection. 

I hadn't considered some of the more modern low-mid cut boots. If they do offer ankle support I wouldn't mind getting a pair. Do you have any you'd recommend? 

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Couldn't care how it looks but I would always recommend boots over trainers.

I have had too many slips indoors that could of ended up in injury if not for boots. I would also recommend that nobody ever buys boots unless they are a reputable brand because the 5.11 ones I had were terrible.

@Gepard you can run just as quick in boots as trainers and with the ankle support you can change direction a lot faster without worrying about turning an ankle.

28 minutes ago, Gepard said:

To each there own I suppose. I'll definitely agree that having some sort of ankle support is a good thing. I just find it easier to run around indoors with trainers rather than boots, even if they don't offer that same protection. 

I hadn't considered some of the more modern low-mid cut boots. If they do offer ankle support I wouldn't mind getting a pair. Do you have any you'd recommend? 

I run 8" Bates Patrols indoors as they aren't waterproof. Soft and flexible with lots of support and the added bonus is the tread doesn't pick up BB's. My first pair I bought 2nd hand on ebay in as new condition for £30. Black pair I bought from Niton999 for £80.

Good ankle support indoors is invaluable as I'm always tripping up or down steps/stairs :)

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Gepard said:

I am a fan of the Salomon Forces range of boots, I have the Quest 4D GTX and the XA Pro 3D Mid boots are good, although at a premium price. In the past I have had Meindl, Lowa, and Magnum boots.  For less money you can get some of the same boots but in non tactical colours.

I love my lowa gtx boots. I bought them for airsoft but I use them for work too. They’re on my feet 11 hours a day. I think they offer far more support than they restrict. 

indoor cqb or cqb in general then check out the airsoft fencing style mask's , they offer the best protection for your head which includes total coverage of your ears!

1 hour ago, Careless said:

indoor cqb or cqb in general then check out the airsoft fencing style mask's , they offer the best protection for your head which includes total coverage of your ears!

I already saw them, but my only question was if they can make some problem to my prescription glasses (scratches and so on)

8 hours ago, Black_Ice931 said:

I already saw them, but my only question was if they can make some problem to my prescription glasses (scratches and so on)

there is quite abit of room inside the mask , the mesh can also be bent/formed by hand , you could probably flatten the front a bit to give more room around the eyes, its worth a gamble because if it works then you will have decent protection..

Ok, guys, here again.

So far I found 3 models to buy. Because it's easier atm and cheaper, I'll maybe buy them in a shop here in London.

Tokio Marui, for what I remember this one is an excellent brand.

An ICS, as someone suggested.

And another option an Armalite, I'm just adding it because it is in the same price range.

I didn't add any G&G because the shop doesn't have any less then 230 (a model with rails on the front), but I will ask them I they can get me the new M4, should be around 150£.

Let me know which one you'd buy!

As I’ve said, I’m a big fan of the ICS. I hate working in gearboxes, but the ICS is a joy to work on. I’ve had a sportline that hasn’t missed a beat in years and I know of a few others floating about that have been perfect. Try fire-support. They have literally 200 different variants. 

20 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Depends on the model not just the brand.

The TM and the ICS are a good shout but again depend on models.

The Armalite is a style not a brand and I shoud imagine it's the ASG which personally I would leave on the shelf.

The problem is I'm not an expert and I don't know what I have to look for to understand how good a model is ^^

3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

As I’ve said, I’m a big fan of the ICS. I hate working in gearboxes, but the ICS is a joy to work on. I’ve had a sportline that hasn’t missed a beat in years and I know of a few others floating about that have been perfect. Try fire-support. They have literally 200 different variants. 

Basically this shop offers me the chance to buy the rifle from them, keep it in the shop and being able to use during my 3 games for the UKARA, that means paying 90£ less (they're asking almost 30£ to rent everything. And I believe is everywhere similar).

6 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Look in the website and post links to what you are looking at. Then people can advise a bit more.

As said above ICS is always a good shout. 

Good to know, for the next times!

Anyway, I've found just the ICS, because I don't understand Japanese, and to me seems that the TM doesn't have a English website and I cannot find any airlift section on the Armalite website. Hopefully the ICS is the same model lol I don't know if at the shop they're selling an old model

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Black_Ice931 said:

Good to know, for the next times!

Anyway, I've found just the ICS, because I don't understand Japanese, and to me seems that the TM doesn't have a English website and I cannot find any airlift section on the Armalite website. Hopefully the ICS is the same model lol I don't know if at the shop they're selling an old model

I meant the links for the guns from the shop itself which I guess is this one

http://wolfarmouries.co.uk

Archived