New in London

Black_Ice931
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

15 hours ago, Robert James said:

I started my "team"/group of mates that go airsoft together whilst I had a two tone. If anyone was coming along with us/"joined" us, we wouldn't care if it was two tone, black, tan or clear as long as the banter was good and they don't take life to seriously.

My friend wants to buy a specific model and he needs the UKARA, I'll take the chance to do it myself too

9 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Im from north london and tend to play:

The Mall (Reading)

Elite Action Games (Dorking)

Dragons Lair (Brentwood, Essex)

Played Bunker 51 a few times, basically its 40 odd people in a place suitable for 15!! faaar too small to actually enjoy yourself and quite frustrating to play. I prefer Mall any day even with the drive. 

But then locations depend on if you have access to a car (opens up a LOT more sites if your prepared to drive 90 mins and wheter you want to play woodland or CQB (not so much choice down this way for local CQB except Bunker or The Mall).

But otherwise welcome to the forums and hopefully see you through my red dot one time ;) 

7 hours ago, EDcase said:

'Absolute Airsoft' is near 'The Mall' in Reading if you want to do woodland in that area.

Not the best in game types but nice and cheap at £20 (walkon) including a hot dog for lunch.

Would be great knowing so many place, but we don't have a car :'(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not having transport is a serious disadvantage. The best places are worth travelling too and with the equipment you need taking public transport/trains is doable but not something I would like to do.

The Mall in Reading is right next to the train station and easy to get too from London, theres a couple of the old regulars who took trains there.

Other than that all the woodland sites are a pain unless you drive.

The place I play does a prebooked pickup service from the local train station to the site. I'm sure they charge a small fee but cheaper than a taxi. I do see some people walking in too but it's a fair old walk.

2 hours ago, Black_Ice931 said:

My friend wants to buy a specific model and he needs the UKARA, I'll take the chance to do it myself too

Would be great knowing so many place, but we don't have a car :'(

What model does he want?

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

The place I play does a prebooked pickup service from the local train station to the site. I'm sure they charge a small fee but cheaper than a taxi. I do see some people walking in too but it's a fair old walk.

Cool idea. 

Im in south london, normally play at the Mall, or Iron Site near Basingstoke. Both really difficult to get to without  a car (ok the Mall probably isnt that hard but its a ballache getting into central london for a train to Reading from where I live, it'd be like a 2-3 hour trip each way compared to a 1hr drive). Theres also TWA in Croydon/New Addington, I've been there a few times, probably wont go again. Theres a few sites further south towards Guildford and Kent that Ive been meaning to try at some point too.

But the summary is, without a car its awkward! Theres a few CQB sites in London but whether theyre actually any good or not I dont know. Ive not been to Bunker51, Ive been put off by the cost. Might go some day. But I'm not keen on the idea of paying £25 for 2-3 hours, I want a full day of airsofting for that price.

14 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

Ive not been to Bunker51, Ive been put off by the cost. Might go some day. But I'm not keen on the idea of paying £25 for 2-3 hours, I want a full day of airsofting for that price.

This is also a factor for me, I get london rents and prices are high etc... But Can get a day at Dorking or Dragons lair for that price and have so much more fun!!

50 minutes ago, Black_Ice931 said:

Well. I need to find a team with cars lol

I didn't think there where place so cheap in UK :P

The mall is £37 for the day, pricey but worth it. I have heard of places £10-£15 for the day too.. But I suspect they have no frills and basic amenities and/or bung 200 players in one field, both of which dont appeal to me ;) 

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Fair enough. You can get them two toned, but I can understand why you/he may not want to.

I think we'll just wait, for now..

35 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

The mall is £37 for the day, pricey but worth it. I have heard of places £10-£15 for the day too.. But I suspect they have no frills and basic amenities and/or bung 200 players in one field, both of which dont appeal to me ;) 

Still..40£ for an entire day is ok. Better than 30 for a couple of hrs lol

If you hop on the northbound train from Kings X, there are 2 new sites to RIFT Airsoft: Harmergreen Wood at Knebworth, and The Village at Royston - I'm sure you'd be able to get lifts from the stations. There's a Royston one on the 21st this month.

1 hour ago, AshOnSnow said:

If you hop on the northbound train from Kings X, there are 2 new sites to RIFT Airsoft: Harmergreen Wood at Knebworth, and The Village at Royston - I'm sure you'd be able to get lifts from the stations. There's a Royston one on the 21st this month.

1/2h by train, not even so far. Thanks!

Is gonna be everything from next month..:( we can't go in January

3 hours ago, Black_Ice931 said:

1/2h by train, not even so far. Thanks!

Is gonna be everything from next month..:( we can't go in January

You can find more here:

http://www.riftairsoft.com/content.php

33 minutes ago, Black_Ice931 said:

quite far by train...:(

Depends where in London you are. Royston is peanuts, it’s on the Cambridge line. Knebworth is even closer.

4 hours ago, Black_Ice931 said:

east London, zone 2. google maps says 2 1/2h. 

Huh?

its just over an hours drive for me (north london) and google says a train takes about the same..

Will actually add this to my sites to visit this year as its well within my range. as a rule I wont travel more than 90 mins by car for a skirmish as its too much being the driver spending 2 hours in the car, playing and then 2 hours home.... 

2 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Huh?

its just over an hours drive for me (north london) and google says a train takes about the same..

Will actually add this to my sites to visit this year as its well within my range. as a rule I wont travel more than 90 mins by car for a skirmish as its too much being the driver spending 2 hours in the car, playing and then 2 hours home.... 

From Canary Wharf is twice the tube and then the train

• Supporters

Unfortunately RIFT Harmer Green may be no more. Disputes with the land owner mean it’s useage is up for discussion. 

The Village in Royston isn’t a new site, it’s a paintball site Tony leases every now and then. Also, bear in mind if you are looking to go, book about 10 days in advance, it’s sold out every event in less than 2 days so far!

If you are coming north of the M25, drop me a line and we shall try meeting up with you! We are at AP this Sunday, going to try the Gaol next Sunday hopefully.

51 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Unfortunately RIFT Harmer Green may be no more. Disputes with the land owner mean it’s useage is up for discussion. 

The Village in Royston isn’t a new site, it’s a paintball site Tony leases every now and then. Also, bear in mind if you are looking to go, book about 10 days in advance, it’s sold out every event in less than 2 days so far!

If you are coming north of the M25, drop me a line and we shall try meeting up with you! We are at AP this Sunday, going to try the Gaol next Sunday hopefully.

Damn. And just after losing Cottenham too.

16 hours ago, Prisce said:

That's pity...

Anyway..sometimes I go to Bishop's Stortford, maybe I will call you ;D

Thanks.

Archived