New in London

Black_Ice931
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Welcome! :)

I don't live in London, nor have I played at any of the sites nearby, however I've heard very good things about Ultimate Airsoft from a friend who played there recently. 

(edit: it appears they're relocating at the moment so that's out of the equation..)

Alternatively there's Bunker 51 which for the most part has good reviews but, again, I can't comment on how good the site is as I've never personally played there. Both are CQC so take your pick.

If you haven't already I'd advise reading the pinned posts which are a good source of information for any beginner looking to get into the sport. 

Have a happy new year! 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Not too far from where I work. I work in Docklands and live in North London

There is a couple in London but I've heard bad things about Bunker 51. There is red1 in Watford, battle lakes in Kent, awa Hertfordshire, dragons lair all around the northern parts of London (ISH) I don't go south of the river too often but going to go a bit more this new year. 

Going Portsmouth 21st Jan

TechBrigade (Near Enfield) on 11th of Feb

The Gaol in Leicester 11th of March

if you and your mate want to join in on any

• Supporters

@Robert James saw this and looked it up thinking "aw yeah another site near me.

Then i checked their FPS rules where there was a big fat "NO HPA" >:(

Why the hate on HPA?

9 hours ago, Robert James said:

Not too far from where I work. I work in Docklands and live in North London

There is a couple in London but I've heard bad things about Bunker 51. There is red1 in Watford, battle lakes in Kent, awa Hertfordshire, dragons lair all around the northern parts of London (ISH) I don't go south of the river too often but going to go a bit more this new year. 

Going Portsmouth 21st Jan

TechBrigade (Near Enfield) on 11th of Feb

The Gaol in Leicester 11th of March

if you and your mate want to join in on any

I can ask him.

But atm we have nothing. We wanted to start with the 3 lessons to get the UKARA and to help him to gather some experience, for that would be the very first time.

Are you in a team? Or just a group of friends?

About the Bunker 51 what did you hear? We thought to go there to have those firsts games and then trying to find a team to join to

5 hours ago, Shizbazki said:

@Robert James saw this and looked it up thinking "aw yeah another site near me.

Then i checked their FPS rules where there was a big fat "NO HPA" >:(

Why the hate on HPA?

Which site have a ban on HPA?

26 minutes ago, Black_Ice931 said:

I can ask him.

But atm we have nothing. We wanted to start with the 3 lessons to get the UKARA and to help him to gather some experience, for that would be the very first time.

Are you in a team? Or just a group of friends?

About the Bunker 51 what did you hear? We thought to go there to have those firsts games and then trying to find a team to join to

Its a group of friends/small team nothing major just playing for fun right now

I heard Bunker 51 was bad gameplay but that could have been a few users on one or two days and it happens everywhere. I would pick your closest one to go to for UKARA registration, you can always go somewhere else after/in between

3 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Its a group of friends/small team nothing major just playing for fun right now

I heard Bunker 51 was bad gameplay but that could have been a few users on one or two days and it happens everywhere. I would pick your closest one to go to for UKARA registration, you can always go somewhere else after/in between

In fact is the closest lol
About bad users..you can you hit them as hard as you can and make them retire lol

If we decide to come to play with you, we will need the UKARA certificate?

Hi blackice, looks like your getting the help you need from the guys, so I will just give you another welcome to the forum mate. 

ATB Marc 

There's TWA in Croydon, not too far from you. Small place but fun. Mixture of CQB and woodland.

Bunker 51 is like playing in raw sewage, the stink will cling to you for days... fun place but very very gross.

I couldn't go there more than once in this body.

Oh.

Maybe this is not the best place where to ask, but let's start here and maybe I could move somewhere else.

Some feedback on first (again) gun and stuff to buy:

Back in Italy I had a classic M4, but I left the country and I sold it; now I need to buy a new one. The budget is 150£ for the gun, or maybe some more if there is a reason to do that -> what would you recommend?

I saw this one and it's in the budget. But I saw some feedback and there are a lot of different opinions. On websites/youtube they say this is a great gun, here that is just garbage, for the plastic components.

Or should I stay on M4 series again from the beginning? I'm open to suggestions!

Another important thing is about the face mask. I wear prescription glasses, so what do you suggest to buy? Face mask, maybe with detachable bottom part, would be better than goggles.

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Immortal said:

There's TWA in Croydon, not too far from you. Small place but fun. Mixture of CQB and woodland.

Bunker 51 is like playing is raw sewage, the stink will cling to you for days... fun place but very very gross.

I couldn't go there more than once in this body.

I could wear a filtered mask then ahahah

4 hours ago, Black_Ice931 said:

In fact is the closest lol
About bad users..you can you hit them as hard as you can and make them retire lol

If we decide to come to play with you, we will need the UKARA certificate?

No you dont need anything, just a gun or hire package.

1 hour ago, Black_Ice931 said:

We still need the guns.

I'll come back to you when we'll be able to get them and play ;)

You could hire in some places if you just want to get into it, or buy a two tone

1 hour ago, Black_Ice931 said:

We still need the guns.

I'll come back to you when we'll be able to get them and play ;)

Defo best to hire out for the first game or 2 to make sure that you will both enjoy it. Otherwise you will end up having bought a gun that you won't use and even the cheaper of the good guns are not completely cheap.

I am new to this too and I am going to hire out on my first go next month.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

You could hire in some places if you just want to get into it, or buy a two tone

I'd like to join a team, one day or another, and for that I'm gonna need a "black" one

45 minutes ago, Stainesy86 said:

Defo best to hire out for the first game or 2 to make sure that you will both enjoy it. Otherwise you will end up having bought a gun that you won't use and even the cheaper of the good guns are not completely cheap.

I am new to this too and I am going to hire out on my first go next month.

I've already played for a while, and him is very intentioned to buy it too, so this wouldn't be a serious problem

• Supporters

You can modify AFTER you have your defence. So it doesn’t matter if it’s two tone to begin with, if you get the stock and rail two tone(as long as over 51%) you can replace with black parts as soon as you have your UKARA.

If you ever come north of the M25, give us a shout, we shall try and come and meet ya.

2 hours ago, Black_Ice931 said:

I'd like to join a team, one day or another, and for that I'm gonna need a "black" one

I've already played for a while, and him is very intentioned to buy it too, so this wouldn't be a serious problem

I started my "team"/group of mates that go airsoft together whilst I had a two tone. If anyone was coming along with us/"joined" us, we wouldn't care if it was two tone, black, tan or clear as long as the banter was good and they don't take life to seriously.

Im from north london and tend to play:

The Mall (Reading)

Elite Action Games (Dorking)

Dragons Lair (Brentwood, Essex)

Played Bunker 51 a few times, basically its 40 odd people in a place suitable for 15!! faaar too small to actually enjoy yourself and quite frustrating to play. I prefer Mall any day even with the drive. 

But then locations depend on if you have access to a car (opens up a LOT more sites if your prepared to drive 90 mins and wheter you want to play woodland or CQB (not so much choice down this way for local CQB except Bunker or The Mall).

But otherwise welcome to the forums and hopefully see you through my red dot one time ;) 

'Absolute Airsoft' is near 'The Mall' in Reading if you want to do woodland in that area.

Not the best in game types but nice and cheap at £20 (walkon) including a hot dog for lunch.

Archived