Hunting help.

TheAirsoftNoob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, I looked through a few posts, and saw it was generally airsoft skirmishes etc...

But I was wondering something about the capability of hunting rifles etc.

I have a crosman 2250b Ratcatcher .22 special (more like the ratsplatter..) and was wondering if it can cope with the H&N Baracuda .22 pellets?

If anyone knows anything about it, I would really appreciate a reply...

Thanks,

Aleks (TheAirsoftNoob) :lol:

hi mate i no a fair bit about air rifles / hunting ... and i wouldnt sugest a ratcatcher for anything more than shooting rats :P they are rubbish .. i suggest getting a spring rifle .. and using rws super dome pellets , or superfields

pcp rifles , are good , no recoil, whisper quite and very accurate as there is little to no recoil..but you rely on a air source , pump or divers bottle ...

spring rifles ... almost always full power 12ft pnds ..get a good one and it will last you for years and years , no dependance on a outside power source, but you do get the recoil.. but many say its more of a skill to master learning to shoot with it.

then co2 rifles , ratcatchers etc .. less power , usualy around 10 ft pnds not good for small game ..

only realy good for small vermin ... not many shots with co2 canister ..

i think you'll find the pneumatic rifles fire the same 12 pounds per square inch until empty and can fire 200-300 shots per 'pump' as it were, spring rifles do rely on ' Out side power source' ... its just your arm :P, as for skill the same priciples are required in either rifle you use whether it be an airsoft gun or airgun spring or pneumatic having said this, agreed a lot less to go wrong with spring gun

quote :i think you'll find the pneumatic rifles fire the same 12 pounds per square inch until empty and can fire 200-300 shots per 'pump' as it were, spring rifles do rely on ' Out side power source' ... its just your arm tongue.gif, as for skill the same priciples are required in either rifle you use whether it be an airsoft gun or airgun spring or pneumatic having said this, agreed a lot less to go wrong with spring gun

i didnt say pcp rifles were not full power , i said co2 rifles wernt and i would love to no what pcp rifle fires 200-300 shots per pump ... i was a keen air gunner for many years .. and i have never come across a pcp that shoots more than 150 on a fill and thats good... and there is no recoil to deal with in a pcp so alot less skill required to shoot , i have a pcp and a spring , i love the pcp as it is easyer but the spring rifle hunting is just much more traditional , i would reccomend a good pcp to any one , but there so expensive for a good one , then the divers bottle is another 200 quid , and for 200 quid you can get a okay spring gun :P

Archived