KWA Kriss Vector Owners Club

Nasro
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 minutes ago, Nasro said:

What are the significant differences between Krytac and Ares versions?

The top receiver on the ARES is 5mm taller than the KWA or Krytac, (real steel parts don’t fit very well, nor anything designed for the KWA/Krytac obviously) and the ARES gearbox fills the ejection port.

Performance wise, there doesn’t seem to be anything in it between the Krytac and the ARES. Both have MOSFET’s and run well on 11.1v lipos, Krytac battery fits in handle, ARES in the front of the lower receiver.

ARES has 14mm cw threads on barrel, Krytac 14mm ccw.

Parts for the ARES are available on line, search COYOTE Vector on Yahoo Japan auctions, Krytac parts are available much more easily.

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

The top receiver on the ARES is 5mm taller than the KWA or Krytac, (real steel parts don’t fit very well, nor anything designed for the KWA/Krytac obviously) and the ARES gearbox fills the ejection port.

Performance wise, there doesn’t seem to be anything in it between the Krytac and the ARES. Both have MOSFET’s and run well on 11.1v lipos, Krytac battery fits in handle, ARES in the front of the lower receiver.

ARES has 14mm cw threads on barrel, Krytac 14mm ccw.

Parts for the ARES are available on line, search COYOTE Vector on Yahoo Japan auctions, Krytac parts are available much more easily.

Excellent. Thank you for the information. now i know too :)

3 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I might HPA the KWA, But the Krytac is staying electric :D

That's a quick and easy job if you tapp your mags... takes 2 mins each.

I have the HPA electric/sound dual drum mag which I want to swap for a single drum! A little pricey after import/customs I guess.

SINGLE DRUM MAG $189.99
https://tappairsoft.com/product/kriss-vector-tapp-drum/

MAG ADAPTOR £31.25

https://www.shapeways.com/product/UUZZMQ5J6/kriss-vector-small-drum-mag-adapter-angel-cust?optionId=63947609

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Going to see a guy tomorrow who has 3D printed some parts, this is his stock.

you might wanna get some mag lips, they are hard to find nowadays.

On 1/5/2018 at 5:37 PM, rocketdogbert said:

I might HPA the KWA, But the Krytac is staying electric :D

Tried to run this HPA myself but only have the 50rd mags to do it with. PAIN IN THE ASS! the length of the mag combined with the adapters (the Previous owner had on it) made for a very awkward, uncomfortable pose and hard as hell reloads. For me personally it was a more con over the pros of having a more reliable gas source :(

on another note has anyone had problems with the KWA  jamming up on burst fire? Don't know if its just because of the cold temperature but after firing 1 or two shots on this it jams and i have to strip it for the trigger to return. its usually ok on semi or full auto. 

58 minutes ago, Tormen7ed said:

Tried to run this HPA myself but only have the 50rd mags to do it with. PAIN IN THE ASS! the length of the mag combined with the adapters (the Previous owner had on it) made for a very awkward, uncomfortable pose and hard as hell reloads. For me personally it was a more con over the pros of having a more reliable gas source :(

on another note has anyone had problems with the KWA  jamming up on burst fire? Don't know if its just because of the cold temperature but after firing 1 or two shots on this it jams and i have to strip it for the trigger to return. its usually ok on semi or full auto. 

I quite find the process of the stick mags a little too long when it comes to changing...where did he place the tapp? below the mag (usual valve replacement) or below the feed spring?

Have a pic?

check if your piston spring (part 117) has not been snapped.

Another way of checking for these errors are, point your gun downwards and test fire a couple times and do the same thing a couple times pointing upwards.

Also, As @rocketdogbert mentioned, any damaged on the feed lips.

@ Nasro

yeah it replaced the normal fill valve at the bottom of the mag so it had the KWA male adapter and then this monster to connect to it.

From what I can seen the spring looks ok to me (dare not take it apart further than this TBH)

I'm assuming that this is the spring from looking at the parts list any how?

20180112_104344_HDR.jpg

20180112_103851_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, Tormen7ed said:

@ Nasro

yeah it replaced the normal fill valve at the bottom of the mag so it had the KWA male adapter and then this monster to connect to it.

From what I can seen the spring looks ok to me (dare not take it apart further than this TBH)

I'm assuming that this is the spring from looking at the parts list any how?

WTH is that?

Do you mind showing us how the mag looks like with it, please?

As far as I am aware, all you are required to do is simply open the mag base plate, unscrew the original valve and replace it with the tap, then replace the base plate again and bob is your uncle.

The Spring looks fine and is fine as long as the inner piston goes back down again when you pull it out and let go of it.

21 minutes ago, Nasro said:

WTH is that?

Ha yeah its an insane piece, as it is at the moment all mags have the normal fill valves i've removed the taps on these

but this is how it would look if the tap was placed in. Its aboout 8" hanging combined with the mag. I've tried local compressor shop to see if they have anything to make it shorter

but they didn't have anything. The reloading though has put me off wanting to HPA through the Mags though. 

That Drop kit i'm assuming is just for the Krytac vector?

20180112_122112_HDR.jpg

2 minutes ago, Tormen7ed said:

Ha yeah its an insane piece, as it is at the moment all mags have the normal fill valves i've removed the taps on these

but this is how it would look if the tap was placed in. Its aboout 8" hanging combined with the mag. I've tried local compressor shop to see if they have anything to make it shorter

but they didn't have anything. The reloading though has put me off wanting to HPA through the Mags though. 

That Drop kiti'm assuming is just for the Krytac vector?

What he has done is unnecessary. Probably because he didn't have the correct parts. The connection he used is fine but not for airsoft use. 

but this is an easy job you can do it yourself.

http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/default.asp

alternatively, Get in contact with Chris from HIGH-PRESSURE AIRSOFT and tell him I (mabs) put you through

He is a very nice guy and will help you with the parts or anything HPA

That Drop kit i'm assuming is just for the Krytac vector?

Yes it's for the krytac, if it gets good enough reviews, I may buy one and drop the kit in it... althoughI'm not the biggest fan of AEG, eventually, the KWA vectors would be out of replacement parts then, good luck lol

38 minutes ago, Nasro said:

What he has done is unnecessary. Probably because he didn't have the correct parts. The connection he used is fine but not for airsoft use. 

but this is an easy job you can do it yourself.

http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/default.asp

alternatively, Get in contact with Chris from HIGH-PRESSURE AIRSOFT and tell him I (mabs) put you through

He is a very nice guy and will help you with the parts or anything HPA

Pinned these to favourites will have to look at building up a new line.

Thanks for the help :)

Pinned these to favourites will have to look at building up a new line.

Thanks for the help :)

you're welcome mate

• Supporters

Dunno if i am still allowed to post here?

The KWA Kriss Vector was the 3rd airsoft gun i ever owned and first GBBR.

Got it second hand but didn't realise it was a former two tone one which had roughly been sprayed by its previous owner so had to strip it all down and re do it myself properly. I decided to go with the Bronze and black look and it turned out quite good IMO.

Had 8 mags for it and a heck of a load of accessories (HPA taps in all).

But in the end it sat unused for the best part of a year whilst my G&G TR4-18 was doing all the heavy pulling, also i think the hop was crap as i couldn't hit the side of a barn door :(

Anyways here area few pics of it to reminisce.

ok2BkDv.jpg

7Le6aPg.jpg

rAIRcmn.jpg

KyGQhSg.jpg

15 minutes ago, Shizbazki said:

Dunno if i am still allowed to post here?

The KWA Kriss Vector was the 3rd airsoft gun i ever owned and first GBBR.

Got it second hand but didn't realise it was a former two tone one which had roughly been sprayed by its previous owner so had to strip it all down and re do it myself properly. I decided to go with the Bronze and black look and it turned out quite good IMO.

Had 8 mags for it and a heck of a load of accessories (HPA taps in all).

But in the end it sat unused for the best part of a year whilst my G&G TR4-18 was doing all the heavy pulling, also i think the hop was crap as i couldn't hit the side of a barn door :(

Anyways here area few pics of it to reminisce.

You’re allowed to post what ever you want here in this thread related to Kriss Vector.

Looks sweet as! 

I’m really liking the black and bronze. 

How far you’d say it will shoot?

You still have it? 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Nasro said:

You’re allowed to post what ever you want here in this thread related to Kriss Vector.

Looks sweet as! 

I’m really liking the black and bronze. 

How far you’d say it will shoot?

You still have it? 

I'd say its range was pretty pants compared to my G&G TR4-18 which i tweak the heck out of.

I would only shoot around 50m but i think its cos i didn't bed the hop in properly and Green Gas is an inconsistent bastard in winter.

I dont have it anymore, alas i sold it and kinda regret it but i never used it.

Firing-Zone Custom Outer Barrel

I had this made for me to help fit the KRISS real steel barrel shroud very solidly, and it works a treat. Jase Hale made it to my specs to fit my Krytac exactly, and it does, I’ll try it on the KWA at the weekend

Sorry about the crappy pics, it was dark by the time I got home

tImRCE3.jpg

vs0TSzO.jpg

iCMv0fr.jpg

KYM5t2L.jpg

7 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Firing-Zone Custom Outer Barrel

I had this made for me to help fit the KRISS real steel barrel shroud very solidly, and it works a treat. Jase Hale made it to my specs to fit my Krytac exactly, and it does, I’ll try it on the KWA at the weekend

Sorry about the crappy pics, it was dark by the time I got home

Mate, that’s on point! He did a jolly good job!

That looks like it’s not gonna shake at all. 

If that fits on the KWA the same, count me in on one too haha

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Is this possibly my next KWA?

Answer: Yes!

Meet the KWA Ronin TK .45 :wub:

The mix breed son of the Kriss vector and the G&G ARP9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.