KWA Kriss Vector Owners Club

Nasro
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Welcome to

KWA Kriss Vector Owners Club

This page is dedicated to all the KWA Kriss Vector enthusiasts in the UK and around the Globe.

On this page, we may share pictures, links and discuss all relevant information from the original KWA KV GBB to upgraded HPA magazine setups.

If you own a KWA Kriss Vector or customise them, whatever the case may be,

we would like to know your experience and feedback.

If you own an AEG Kriss Vector you are welcome to share your pictures and feedback too.

We would like to hear from you all

Please be advised, this page is NOT for advertising guns/parts/gears for sale.

wasw.jpg

I’ve owned all four this year, A&K, ARES, Krytac and KWA in various iterations.

Currently have the ARES and Krytac, but the KWA was my favourite, looking for another one now;)

• Head Moderator
8 hours ago, Nasro said:

Please be advised, this page is NOT for advertising guns/parts/gears for sale.

I will delete any of those if they are not in the correct Classifieds section. Just use the "Report post" link to flag any up for the Mods attention.

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

I've played with a Krytac, not all that impressed TBH, been keen on getting a KWA for a loooooong time, interested to hear why the KWA was your fave rocketdogbert?

Simply put, a gbb rifle is more realistic. Particularly the KWA reproduction of the KRISS recoil system.

I only target shoot or practical pistol, so gas consumption or mag capacity isn’t really an issue for me.

From a skirmish perspective, I would have thought that an electric rifle was more practical, but what do I know lol. I don’t like it as much as the KWA, but I far prefer it to any other generic

The A&K isn’t very accurate, the fire selector is in the wrong place, and it’s very heavy. BUT it does have a hicap magazine, and looks the part.

The ARES dimensions are out, noticeable the top receiver is about 5mm taller, so real steel parts don’t fit very well, otherwise a lovely gun. It appears to be taller to fit the ARES gearbox in.

The Krytac is identical in dimensions to the KWA, and both are apparently the same as the real KRISS. Certainly all the real steel parts I tried fitted both.

And whilst the KWA is a great piece of kit, parts are scarce and getting more so, hence my switch to the Krytac. I’ll get another KWA as soon as I can, but it will be more of a cleectors piece for me lol

I’ve been fettlin’ tonight.

I’ve never been happy with the way I mounted the shroud, it was all a bit temporary, so I made a spacer. I had originally wrapped the Krytac and KWA barrels in tape!

This is on my Krytac, but essentially it’s the same for a KWA, the dimensions of the KWA outer barrel may be different.

The inner diameter of the KRISS shroud is 20mm, the outer diameter of the Krytac barrel is 17mm. So I bent, filed and sanded a piece of 1.8mm thick aluminium sheet to make an interference fit for the receiver end of the shroud.

I still want to extend my added outer barrel by about 25mm to try and make a better fit at the compensator end of the shroud, but this is it so far. It’s tight enough at the receiver end to be difficult but not impossible to push on and twist off, and a good enough fit to lift the weight of the gun from the shroud without moving.

IpxLBOX.jpg

You can see below I’ve pushed the shroud tight against the receiver. It. Fits on the real steel with about a 10mmgap, but I didn’t like that.

q349kAc.jpg

Compensator end, you can just see the barrel thread and a filed down thread protector making a tight fit

PldrGwN.jpg

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’ve been fettlin’ tonight.

I’ve never been happy with the way I mounted the shroud, it was all a bit temporary, so I made a spacer. I had originally wrapped the Krytac and KWA barrels in tape!

This is on my Krytac, but essentially it’s the same for a KWA, the dimensions of the KWA outer barrel may be different.

The inner diameter of the KRISS shroud is 20mm, the outer diameter of the Krytac barrel is 17mm. So I bent, filed and sanded a piece of 1.8mm thick aluminium sheet to make an interference fit for the receiver end of the shroud.

I still want to extend my added outer barrel by about 25mm to try and make a better fit at the compensator end of the shroud, but this is it so far. It’s tight enough at the receiver end to be difficult but not impossible to push on and twist off, and a good enough fit to lift the weight of the gun from the shroud without moving.

You can see below I’ve pushed the shroud tight against the receiver. It. Fits on the real steel with about a 10mmgap, but I didn’t like that.

Compensator end, you can just see the barrel thread and a filed down thread protector making a tight fit

That's good engineer RDB.

Also, thanks for the information regarding the 1.8mm aluminium!  it don't seem that complicated, i hope it's more simple than it looks

when I purchase my shroud. (if there are any available in the next couple weeks lol) I definitely am contacting you for further advice before I make any edits to the barrel etc... 

9 hours ago, Davegolf said:

I've played with a Krytac, not all that impressed TBH, been keen on getting a KWA for a loooooong time, interested to hear why the KWA was your fave rocketdogbert?

In my opinion, I would also say KWA is the way forward in Vectors because it has a much better KICK to it.

Although the real Kriss Vectors are built to absorb recoil it still has an awesome kick, so getting the GBB version from KWA will give you that touch of realism, especially when you have the hard kick kit system setup. it sounds and feels so much better than the AEG.

I'm currently running it with an HPA dual drum magazine which I find a little too big... Looking forward to a single drum sometime in the future.

To think about it, I never knew I'd be spending so much money on it.

The wife isn't even mad about how much money I spent, however, she's been mad lately since the Vector is getting more attention LMAO  :D

On 29/12/2017 at 3:06 AM, Nasro said:

Here She is chilling next to my Tippmann M4

Now all she Needs is that Rail and Shourd upgrade @rocketdogbert has!

2x .jpg

Looks like you've got a bit of a problem there, some kind of drum addiction.

In game you can imagine the opposition thinking 'he'll change mag soon then il get him'.

So with the KWA, aside from 1:1 realism and heavy recoil is it the best performer range and accuracy wise?

Out of the AEGs which is the best performer?

38 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

So with the KWA, aside from 1:1 realism and heavy recoil is it the best performer range and accuracy wise?

Who knows? My KWA kept freezing and jamming on automatic, AEG’s don’t do that.

Both the A&K and ARES  are limited production run and neither are 1:1 accurate, the A&K is about a kilo heavier than the rest.

The Krytac, whilst it doesn’t offer the feel of the KWA, is likely to be the most practical skirmishing, but not the most fun :)

As I only range shoot and practical pistol, I can’t give you definitive answer, but performance seems very similar between the Krytac and ARES. Krytac has better parts availability in Europe than everything else, and that is likely to continue with KRISS backing them.

Of course, if you’re only interested in practicality, buy something M4 based :D

A&K should be the cheapest, I sold mine for £180, next ARES at around the £300-350, Krytac is still knocking on full retail, I couldn’t find a new one so bought my for £400 used.

KWA is a different animal, and prices vary massively, UK seems to be cheapest at around £250 for something ropey, and I’ve seen them over a grand with loads of HPA kit. Then US and Japan both seem to be about $450-500, plus getting them here of course lol.

Having been through them all, I’ve sold the A&K (didn’t like it), ARES is up for sale (not compatible enough with real steel parts), I’m keeping the Krytac (most practical) and I’m on the look out for a KWA as a collector piece

rdb

9 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Looks like you've got a bit of a problem there, some kind of drum addiction.

In game you can imagine the opposition thinking 'he'll change mag soon then il get him'.

:D I don't believe in reloading LOL and it's great for fire cover!

there are feedbacks on youtube from players and reviewers showing when you install the Kriss Vector Shroud (white vector picture above) or the angry gun power-up suppressor it will definitely increase ranger and accuracy. some velocity increases by 100fps

http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&category_id=32&product_id=3798&Itemid=26

http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&category_id=337&product_id=3803&Itemid=26

As it stands with only a G&G tracer unit I'm playing with, I'm getting a good range.

out of the AEG, I'll leave that to @rocketdogbert to answer that as I have not owned the AEG version.

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Ive always like white guns, looks like a project coming up lol

looks neat and star warsy... but I like it :P

43 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

My new to me (and virtually new) KWA arrived this morning. 

KWA at the top, Krytac in the middle, ARES at the bottom :D

Looks Amazing :wub::P

I wish I had 3...

check out airsoft junkies, they're doing wolverine drop in kits for the krytac Vector... when I saw it I really liked it

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

The ARES is going soon as I get a reasonable offer lol

What are the significant differences between Krytac and Ares versions?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.