What does your airsoft site membership get you?

Tiercel
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

When I emailed to ask what I needed to do to renew I was told it was £30. Whether someone told me wrong, or whether the info on their site is out of date I dont know. I definitely paid £20 for my first years' membership though not £10. And it didnt get UKARA registration either, I had to take it to a retailer myself.  

To dismiss it as "talking bollocks and bullshit opinions on something you know nothing about" is frankly unwarranted and plain rude. I've been in the sport for the best part of a decade now across various sites and would to think I know at least a little bit about it. 

• Supporters

They have never charged more than £10 for basic membership and yes you used to have to send the form they gave you to a retailer but the system has changed.

Every post you have put up has been full of inaccuracies so yeah bollocks seems a fair term. Slag the place or any other site you like I don't care as long as what you say is true.

There are a lot of Mall players on this site who will recognise that lots of what you have said is wrong so trust me I won't be the only one raising my eyebrows.

Don't care how long you reckon you have played I know the site well enough to pull almost every statement you have made apart so I do know something about it.

The place might have it's bad points and if you post those I will gladly agree just please stop making stuff up its bad for the game.

At Cornwalls Elite Airsoft, the walk on fee is only £20 pounds, after (I believe i could be wrong) 3 Games with in 2 months (like the UKARA) we are given a membership card which gives us 10% off everything at the shop. It has no effect on the green fee. I'm perfectly happy with spending £20 to play. 

Though, i would pay for a membership if the perks were reasonable. 

I would not pay £30 for diddly-squat and game days better be great if i was to be paying £40 per visit.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Sam Pascoe said:

At Cornwalls Elite Airsoft, the walk on fee is only £20 pounds, after (I believe i could be wrong) 3 Games with in 2 months (like the UKARA) we are given a membership card which gives us 10% off everything at the shop. It has no effect on the green fee. I'm perfectly happy with spending £20 to play. 

Though, i would pay for a membership if the perks were reasonable. 

I would not pay £30 for diddly-squat and game days better be great if i was to be paying £40 per visit.

The OP had it wrong its £10 for no frills site membership and a lot of places do that for the UKARA side of things. The walk on fee is £37 which might seem expensive but they have 10 paid marshals on site and although its a derelict shopping mall its city centre location means site rent will be huge. 

They are not raking it in by any means doubt any airsoft site makes huge amounts but some of the £25 woodland sites probably make a lot more than the urban ones. 

25 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

The OP had it wrong its £10 for no frills site membership and a lot of places do that for the UKARA side of things. The walk on fee is £37 which might seem expensive but they have 10 paid marshals on site and although its a derelict shopping mall its city centre location means site rent will be huge. 

They are not raking it in by any means doubt any airsoft site makes huge amounts but some of the £25 woodland sites probably make a lot more than the urban ones. 

i should have researched, i didn't realise it was a urban site with that many marshals, the £40 fee seems very reasonable for a days airsofting in that manor.. once again my bad. 

I play at a woodland site with 3 marshals... so i guess my comment is invalid haha. My bad :'D

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Sam Pascoe said:

i should have researched, i didn't realise it was a urban site with that many marshals, the £40 fee seems very reasonable for a days airsofting in that manor.. once again my bad. 

I play at a woodland site with 3 marshals... so i guess my comment is invalid haha. My bad :'D

No worries you just proved my point that bullshit infomation can give people the wrong impression.

See @Tiercel have I made my point now? Bullshit is a bad thing

I'm  with first and only. Mainly at the mill indoor qcb wigan.They have 3 membership  levels

bronze £10 per year

Which includes

membership card

Ukara 

Free badge

Says that dosnt give green fee discounts but on certain sites if booked on line it dose

Silver £60 per year

Same as above + 

Disscount on retail

£5 off green fees

Free members day pass

Gold £100

As above +

Free members day food

£10 off green fees

At the moment im bronze but will probably upgrade to take advantage of the extras. They have loads of sites all round the country and i plan to us a few of them.  seeing im serious about  wanting to stay with the sport and progress my abilities  (only been playing about 6 weeks) i have been  taken to one side and given instruction on things like quick target acquisition. Speed shooting , diffrent stances from walkthrough to standing still. Really good guys ( even ended up getting my airsoft handle lost boi as kept getting lost  going there lol. unfortunately dont seem to be able to change name on my profile) Have to say im pretty please with how iv been looked after by them. I also go target shooting at bombup warrington who also have a place called the preyground (unfortunately i dont think bomup count towards you ukara but would be happy to be prooved wrong) these too are an absolutly great bunch of guys and cant do enought to help you! pluss they have an exelent gun tech called biff who for several friends that got me into airsof is the only person they will let touch their weapons.

Hope this helps

On 12/26/2017 at 6:47 PM, LightningCh said:

My membership is £20 for life time membership. (Stormforce aren't huge and the guy who runs it does everything dead cheap as he hates the "corporate" approach. E.G. 50p for a can of coke)

Having my membership knocks my £25 green fees down to £20 a day. (although they only run twice a month)

And that's it lol. Guess I get what I paid for, very little cost, very little reward.

lifetime discounts on site fees are a huge reward!!! 

Also I hadnt really looked at the memberships for the Mall.. Considering the £90 bundle as a tenner off gamedays is appealing. I play enough over a year to get this back, and its about time I got a UKARA number!!

@Jedi_Master does the discount also count for battle lakes or have you never asked?

• Head Moderator
5 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

@Jedi_Master does the discount also count for battle lakes or have you never asked?

I have never asked about other sites.

Where I play; £10 one off fee get's you a years membership and UKARA processed.

Play 3 games in a year and the UKARA plus site membership is renewed for free.

There's no real membership perks where I play...

• Supporters
On 1/2/2018 at 2:35 AM, Albiscuit said:

lifetime discounts on site fees are a huge reward!!! 

Also I hadnt really looked at the memberships for the Mall.. Considering the £90 bundle as a tenner off gamedays is appealing. I play enough over a year to get this back, and its about time I got a UKARA number!!

Screenshot_20180103-113922.thumb.png.2210cc1bbe8893335594b432ee71a23f.png

Site membership is free for life at Invasion Airsoft.

All it gets you is your UKARA if you ask after the usual 3 games.

Walk-on fee is £25 for a Sunday, £30 for non-members, £40 for non-members and hiring.

RIFT's membership is £25 for a year, and gets discount on ammo, and a membership patch/'shield'. The main perk is 10% off in a bunch of local stores. Buy one gun and it's paid for itself, then just take advantage of the cheap ammo for the rest of the year. Not bad at all for people who shop local!

• Supporters
21 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Information.

They have one for every ten players.

I never do assumptions.

But only Sith deal in absolutes.

That's surprising, my understanding is that the local marshals tend to play for free instead.  As soon as money changes hands you're into a legal minefield with employee rights, especially if it's all done on handshakes and gentlemen's agreements without a written contract. I hope that doesn't come back to bite them.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

But only Sith deal in absolutes.

That's surprising, my understanding is that the local marshals tend to play for free instead.  As soon as money changes hands you're into a legal minefield with employee rights, especially if it's all done on handshakes and gentlemen's agreements without a written contract. I hope that doesn't come back to bite them.

Why would it?

They are a proper company and as such run as a company. You wouldn't get away with handshakes and no paper trail with the level they are at. A few small woodland places might get away with that but the the bigger Urban sites have a lot more structure. Zed adventures have run the zombie stuff for years so are not just a guy with a field.

I would think that 99% of people who get paid at airsoft sites come under self employed so it would be sort of gig working. I don't know how they deal with their payments to staff and contracts as thats none of my concern but they do make a point in every brief that their staff are not just volunteers.

@Rogerborg

There are occasionally player marshals, but they always switch to a marshal over player mode when needed and take other peoples fun over their own every time!. Id much rather a player marshal running around in the thick of it than a bloke in a vest the other side of the hall, but at The Mall you tend to get both which is great. They help break up bottlenecks and give advise about how to break out/into areas too which helps gameplay.

Some of the player marshals at EAG on the other hand, are the total opposite! Some of the most shocking behaviour by these bods in the past, but then I doubt they got paid!!

Never had any issues personally with the marshals at The Mall, and would expect it to be dealt with very promptly and professionally by Luke if I were to raise an issue.

Have been to plenty of woodland sites with crap marshals or players claiming they are "player marshals" as they are regulars and have authority over others etc... and the mentioned guys at EAG were A JOKE on occasions!

I’d say more of a legal minefield to have unpaid Marshall’s then to have paid marshalls

A business should sustain itself and will have the tax man being very attentative if they don’t appear to have the staff to run the business - smells of cash in hand and black markets

There’s no problem with dealing in cash - you just need accounts and records

The Health & Safety Executive, insurers and local council would be interested when something happens and there is no one looking after safety

You don’t need to have self employed staff to make it easier for the site.  Establish whether PAYE, pensions etc apply and set the wage

The site may pay minimum wage and not take tax deductions if the people are below the thresholds.

If the marshal only has a part time / zero hours contract single job then happy days, if they have a second or third job then it gets decided to pay tax from pay or the person has to declare their own returns

Archived