Hello all

Ryann
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, I'm looking to get back into airsoft, but properly this time. I use to play in a team but with 2 tone cheaper airsoft weapons.......im looking to get into ukara level airsoft this time round. So from what I've read...i need to play on a ukara game site for 3 games in a minimum period of 2 months before I can apply for a ukara...if someone could confirm that. It would be great. I have been browsing some weapons already and I'm looking for advice on quality of said weapons and the website for that matter as to whether it's reliable for specifications like fps. Which brings me to my next question....what is the minimum fps I should be aiming for? I guess it at around 350fps but as said I'm looking for solid advice. Cheers all!

• Supporters

Correct on UKARA. 

Which weapons are you looking at buying? Minimum FPS doesn’t matter, maximum 350fps for AEG/Shotgun/Pistol. 450fps DMR and 500 Bolt sniper(these figures are site dependant, just what most sites use)

Just as an example, My TM scar is firing 290fps, and outranges most other guns on the field, all about how it’s set up and quality of the components used including BB’s. 

Read the stickies, and search the forums for any other questions you have, if you can’t find the answer then make a thread.

I was looking at the Colt M4A1 Keymod Airsoft Rifle Long. Like the looks so I'm hoping it is of good quality? Thanks for the fps limitations! Could you explain what you mean by how its set up? Thanks

• Supporters

Welcome! :)

1 hour ago, Ryann said:

i need to play on a ukara game site for 3 games in a minimum period of 2 months before I can apply for a ukara.

That's right. As long as you're 18+ of course! 

What's your budget? I assume you're looking for an AR platform?

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  I see you have a topic about the Cyma M4, so you should get some posts about that gun and shop. 

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Ryann said:

I was looking at the Colt M4A1 Keymod Airsoft Rifle Long. Like the looks so I'm hoping it is of good quality? Thanks for the fps limitations! Could you explain what you mean by how its set up? Thanks

Set up means how well the rifle has been built and which parts work well with others. Ideally, your after perfect air seal and consistency with each shot, not many guns have this from factory. Parts are interchangeable in most instances so it’s not that difficult.

You can improve air seal quite cheaply on some guns, look on YouTube for a few guides, and ask away in the technical category of this forum and some of the Gurus will get back to you and help you in away I could only dream of.

I have no experience with Colt guns, but an M4 Is an M4, very customisable and loads of parts available.

Archived