Help - gearbox removal P&J CM.070

TangoEchoAirsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys I need to some.

Trying to change the spring on my P&J CM.070 and can’t get the gearbox out.

Think it may be the safety holding it in? But the screw head is warn. Not sure if the pin above the trigger is removable or not? Tried watching YouTube tutorials but none for this specific gun. 

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

4F597439-CB59-495A-A248-C66A5B0AFE87.jpeg

BA0E16C2-2037-40D9-9CD4-7A00BDD3B6B4.jpeg

1 hour ago, RR01 said:

The pin above the trigger needs to be punched out to release the gearbox.

I have tried hammering it but it’s very stiff (barely moved at all) should I just try harder? 

Try from the other direction. One end will be slightly fatter and knurled, and you want to be drifting it out from the other end.

22 hours ago, Hangtight said:

Try from the other direction. One end will be slightly fatter and knurled, and you want to be drifting it out from the other end.

Thanks it worked - but now something had dropped out and I dont know where from :((((

884346EB-6A3E-448F-8110-1EBE3708E2FE.jpeg

Note: This is not a very helpful post, especially if I'm wrong lol.

Hey mate, 
The lower one looks like a trigger return spring to me. (We had a guy on here recently with a similar issue on a pistol which had the trigger return spring fall out,  so I'm going to assume it's a similar spring for aegs) So if it is, I would hope it's simple enough to put back in place.

I could be wrong (I probably am), but just test your trigger and see if it's slack now as a test.

That's as far as my attempts to help can go lol. Just keep it safe (because you were going to throw it away right? lol)
Someone with more knowledge (and who actually knows the internals of aegs) will help soon enough I'm sure :)

NOTE: I was wrong (no surprise lol)

The bottom one is the bolt latch spring. They're a bugger for falling out. The top one is the retaining clip for the rear body pin. One you've got the top receiver off it should be clipped around the pin down between the gearbox and the inside of the receiver. The pin is a lot easier to remove if you take it off first... ;)

Archived