New player Ipswich

smoorenator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey everyone I'm smoorenator

I have played my first airsoft game at Airsoft GB at Great Bromley near Colchester is a good site with fasted paced games.

Really good info on this site guides ect, luckily i kept my old combats from the royal navy and from being an old cadet instructor, i am looking at getting a L85 A2 when i get my UKARA number as i am used to the bullpup style of shooting and found the airsoft version nice to use as one player was kind enough to let me try it out for one game. I am currently rebuilding my MTP set webbing and plate carrier ect as mtp works better at this site

only question is really what brands should i be using or avoiding?

• Supporters

Welcome! :) Glad you had a good time. 

In terms of decent bullpups, ICS make an excellent L85A2. I had the opportunity to fire the SA80 a few times on a range in cadets and it's honestly one of the best replicas on the market in my opinion.

As for brands, there's a lot. Personally I'm a fan of G&G and Tokyo Marui. They make decent weapons. Gear wise I have a mix between surplus issued kit and brands such as FLYYE and Emerson. For airsoft they work just fine.

cheers for all the info, i have been getting British surplus gear almost got all my mtp gear now, with gun brands i do have a cyma m4 as an old friend who gave up airsoft just gave me his old weapon but it seems to lack power so i think i will stay away from cyma

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Moderators

Welcome,

Have a trip to Gunman Tuddenham, just up the A14 for you ;)

• Moderators

they do rentals ;), also look at team green airsoft as slightly cheaper, and they use the same site :) 

Hi Smoorenator,

Theres a good CQB site near snetterton i have been to, called Battle Stations Activities.

Dont be put off if you go to book sunday walk on / rental online and it seems hardly anybody has booked up! As most players tend to just turn up and dont pre-book so theres always plenty of people there for the site (small site).

I live in Haverhill and am probably looking to go weekend after next (21/01).

Cheers

Rich

Archived