ASG Dan Wesson 715 6" Hi-Power Revolver

Cadoris
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good evening Gents.

Quick question for those in the know.

This cannon 

Anyone know what weight BB's to use to get it below the 350fps for site use.

I know I can get the power down cartridge but the fps drops to 180... (I can almost run faster than that).

Would using .28 or even .3 be any use?

Cheers.

Using heavier weight BBs is cheating.  The gun must be set to fire below the limit using 0.2g BBs. The only way is to buy the Power Down shells which have a smaller hole in the base to restrict the amount of gas used. FPS doesn't really make that much difference,as most DW revolvers do not have a hop installed, so are really only accurate over short distances.

The FPS figure is shorthand, if you like, for the power output of the gun.

0.2 bb’s and 350fps is the lint in Joules, up the bb weight and the fps must drop significantly.

The point of the limit is to be safe, you do not want to fire a hot gun at anybody 

Get the low power version if you plan on skirmishing. If you're planning on using the high power for anything other than target practice or in america then you're just a prick. Good thing that all sites I know of at least chrono everything before games

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. 

Canyou tell me if the only difference between low and high powered versions are the shells? It there aby difference in gun itself?

My cunning plan is to get a gun with low power shells and use it at the field and then get the multi bbs shells and use it as shotgun revolver. But for this I need this high power output from the gun to keep those multiple bbs traveling at some reasonable speeds :)

Any experience with this?

Archived