Help needed please for TM Hi Capa mags

Owen Richards
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My nice new shiny TM gold match turns up just in time to take it to the Warminster Xmas shoot last Sunday. I don't have a huge amount of time to prep beforehand so assume that just bringing 2x spare TM hi capa mags and Nuprol 2.0 Green gas would do the trick. When filling the mags with gas, none of our group of three could get the mags to fill properly. Gas was easily escaping during charging. The best I got was half a mags worth of bb's from probably 20 seconds (a load of gas!) of filling (and escaping).

Given that wherever I go someone usually has a TM Hi Capa, does anyone have any tips / help on how to fill the mags without losing most of the gas? How long long should it take to fill a Hi Capa mag and how many bb's can you get out of one fully gassed mag would be great to know as a future benchmark?

I did have a load of fun with my AEG so the day wasn't spoilt. BTW the Warminster xmas shoot was a really good day and very well put together by the organisers!

Merry Christmas to all and thank you in advance for your help.

On 19/12/2017 at 4:21 PM, rocketdogbert said:

Yes, those are the ones.

I only ever target shoot indoors, so don’t use green gas in my TM’s. But I do get about 2 and a half mags per fill

What do you fill yours with? :)

On 19/12/2017 at 1:26 PM, Owen Richards said:

My nice new shiny TM gold match turns up just in time to take it to the Warminster Xmas shoot last Sunday. I don't have a huge amount of time to prep beforehand so assume that just bringing 2x spare TM hi capa mags and Nuprol 2.0 Green gas would do the trick. When filling the mags with gas, none of our group of three could get the mags to fill properly. Gas was easily escaping during charging. The best I got was half a mags worth of bb's from probably 20 seconds (a load of gas!) of filling (and escaping).

Given that wherever I go someone usually has a TM Hi Capa, does anyone have any tips / help on how to fill the mags without losing most of the gas? How long long should it take to fill a Hi Capa mag and how many bb's can you get out of one fully gassed mag would be great to know as a future benchmark?

I did have a load of fun with my AEG so the day wasn't spoilt. BTW the Warminster xmas shoot was a really good day and very well put together by the organisers!

Merry Christmas to all and thank you in advance for your help.

Hi mate, if you can do me a little video showing me how you fill your magazines and this will also show me how much your magazines are venting. 

As rocketdogbert says TM mags are not silent fill like WE, so they do leak! / Vent as they are being filled, with the TM design with the bigger hole in the side of the fill nozzle they are Meant to be venting eccess air as you fill with gas but due to this disign they also leak/vent gas, I'm used to it and you do find a knack of doing it after a while without venting too much, I don't bother doing the silient fill o-rings mod on any of my TM's. I also use standard power green gas in all my TM guns all year round, whether they are custom built guns or Right out the box standard, I'm not a fan of lower power gas like nuprol 1.0 or Abbey 144a it really lowers performance too much for my liking.. Nuprol gas is ok, but I do prefer others as I found nuprol to have a slightly too high lube count, each to there own though as I know a couple of people that like it. 

This are some of the gasses I've used and I have put them in order of what I prefer. (ignore the pure propane, that's only as the end of the list due to smell not performance) 

dyv2xkgl.jpg

Also as silly either may sound, I do see a few times people having extra leaky/venting mags when they are filling due to them either filling at a slight angle or by not pushing down hard enough, be firm don't be too light, but of course don't go crazy and use all your strength and over push lol.. As for fill time, people tend to be different, me with my TM hi-capa magazine I tend to do 3 fill bursts, each fill burst lasting around 3 seconds ish. As for shot count per fill, around 2 to 3 magazines depending on the Hi-capa I'm using and the temperature I'm shooting in and how quickly I'm shooting. 

I have done many videos on tm hi-capa, to be honest they will cover most if not all you want and need to know, if if the video is not yet there it's coming :) I've done many other tutorials and reviews so feel free to check those out too.. Here's a link though to my Hi-capa playlist, click the 3 lines in the top left hand side of the video it will then give you a scroll list, Your find a video on the mags too. 

Don't forget though post a little video if you can if you can't upload one you can send it to me directly if that's easier for you..

ATB Marc 

On 19/12/2017 at 1:56 PM, rocketdogbert said:

TM mags always leak gas when filling. Either get used to it, or fit Lees Precision Engineering silent fill O-rings.

Sorry the news isn’t better :/

It's air not gas they're leaking. Wait for the change in sound when filling then you'll know gas will be coming out instead of air and the mag is full.

Archived