North V South BIG GAME Airsoft Festival in May 2018

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

"North V South"
The BIG GAME Airsoft Festival

Friday 4th May 2018 - Sunday 6th May 2018

5d432999-280f-40ba-bcfd-6a0374d3f9e4.jpg

Hey all, just want you to know about a really cool fun and exciting 3 day Big Game Airsoft Festival weekend we're proud to be a part of happening next May 2018.

We're working alongside Warped Sports to make it a fun Apocalyptic themed Airsoft festival over 3 days,
It has Camping, Airsoft Games, Extra Combat Activities, A Retailers Expo Area, Cosplay, Party Nights with bars and entertainment included.

There's even a Build It, Bring It, Use It, where you can build and use your own armored vehicles in the games.

588cb7f0-67b1-4121-a223-bfdde1516a5a.jpg

It's all happening at D.I.O. (Defense Infrastructure Organization) Swynnerton in Staffordshire in May 2018.
With over 228 hectares of mixed urban, woodland, scrub land and buildings in the gaming area there's something for everyone.
17427028-7b78-4919-bca5-0cda92eed4a2.jpg

Here's the link to the facebook page. We're trying to get the Festival out there in the Airsoft community as much as possible so a like and share of it would be greatly appreciated :)
https://www.facebook.com/NvSAirsoftFestival/

Look forward to hopefully seeing you there :)

Cheers Carl
Ace Group t/a Ace Airsoft War Games
www.aceairsoft.co.uk

• 1 month later...

Will this be a regular thing? If so I'll be coming to the next one should have my UKARA by then + weapons. ;)

1 hour ago, Ex-Rnuw said:

Will this be a regular thing? If so I'll be coming to the next one should have my UKARA by then + weapons. ;)

On a paintball basis North vs South has been at Swynnerton since I think 2009

(I did my first NvS in 2007 and I think I went to the old venue twice)

They take over Swynnerton for about a week or two to setup and fully clean down, and have the event over the weekend.  It was the first Paintball big game on an active military training site and can use coloured paintballs. Paintball didn’t get the ability to use other active sites such as Sennybridge and Copehill Down until the availability of clear paintballs

Warped are well established in using Swynnerton 

Paintfest aligned paintball and airsoft last year at NPF and are doing more again this year 

I would expect that NvS will continue to run airsoft alongside the Paintball for future years, the only reason I would see them not repeating is if no one turns up

On 18/12/2017 at 5:24 PM, Ace Airsoft War Games said:

It's all happening at D.I.O. (Defense Infrastructure Organization) Swynnerton in Staffordshire in May 2018.

Just to be pedantic though - it’s not DIO Swynnerton, it’s MoD Swynnerton and DIO are the MoD branch responsible for infrastructure - build, fix and maintain the buildings and piece of land. DIO also hire out MoD property to put some money back in the purse

Swynnerton is an Army training area, part of DTE

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/43352/dte_info_leaflet_westmids.pdf

• 1 month later...

BUILD AN APOCALYPTIC STYLE VEHICLE OR TANK & USE IT IN THE GAMES:
29570680_162770351096649_642409387615093
29512511_162770794429938_63569548888410329543190_162771044429913_75126936320784829573362_162770767763274_48707236755244029571299_162770797763271_67176047318900529541652_162770714429946_469739885779149

1) If you want to build and use a Vehicle or Tank in the Airsoft games at North V South Festival please read the build rules (2) below first then apply by filling in the form on the following link.
http://www.northvsouth.com/build-it

2) BUILD YOUR OWN Mad Max style vehicle or tank, ANY size: Let your imagination run wild. 
Use any build material you have. From a basic Juggernaut suit to a land rover or even build a complete squad assault vehicle.
Any method of propulsion is acceptable.
# NO GLASS (Full-size may have protected windscreen in place only)
# NO PROTRUSIONS (ie NO Spikes, blades, flails, external weapons)
# WHEELED VEHICLES ONLY (contact us if planning a tracked vehicle)
# ALL ADDITIONS, panels, armour etc must be safely and securely fixed.
# ALL vehicles must have a vertical surface facing outwards of minimum 30cm square on all 4 sides of the turret/superstructure. Must be part of the vehicle or securely fixed panel, and suitable to take self adhesive targets.
# ALL vehicles must have a red flag/pole securely fixed, which allows flag to be raised/lowered to signal their game status (active / disabled).

3) BRING IT to North V South festival.

4) Our scrutineers will inspect your tank or vehicle.

5) And subject to it safely passing the inspection you can USE IT during any of the games during the weekend.

When we have a realistic idea of how many vehicles in each class will participate, we will be able to tailor their involvement in the games. The plan is to allow controlled use of them in all of the games over the weekend.

Exact rules of engagement and their extent of use will be created, in part and influenced by how many of you wish to get involved in a build project.

So if you want a fantastic weekend of Camping, Airsoft Battles, Awesome Party Nights get booking folks its only £85 for the 3 days!! Pay a £40 deposit to secure your place  or pay in full £85.

Not into airsoft, not a problem there are Non Player Festival Tickets* and Family Passes* available too from £20
which includes: 2 nights camping / 3 day access to Party, Bar, & Trade Expo areas.
*NO ACCESS to game areas or combat activities.

Tickets Available: http://www.northvsouth.com/tickets

Give us a like and follow on Facebook: NorthVSouth Airsoft Festival

Game maps and game scenarios coming soon!!

• 1 month later...

Archived