Missing delivery from China..stuck in customs? Royal Mail?

Monkman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, just looking for some advice.

Back in November I placed a couple of orders with Asiaairsoft.com and I received one of the packages ok, through Royal Mail parcelforce when it got to the UK.

Another order placed a day later has yet to appear.  I've emailed the website, but am not hopeful they can help as their tracking number stops at when the package leaves HongKong. (Does not show up for anything in the UK..so I guess not a good parcel tracker..package that did arrive did not track)

Now, i'm thinking the package is held up somewhere, maybe customs or with Royal Mail themselves.  The reason why I think it may be held up somewhere was that the package contained fake 5.56mm link belt which I was buying for a mates M249.

Has anyone ever had issues with things from China not turning up and how you might have resolved it?  Any pointers/directions which I can make enquiries would be great appreciated.

Rgds

Monkman

• Supporters

HK Airmail is actually pretty reliable. It's when the parcel gets into the system where it slows down. Parcels I've ordered have taken up to 2 months to arrive despite leaving China after just a few days. 

When I ordered my JPC it was held up in customs for 2 weeks. I had full tracking on it and could see that it just sat at a depot until I got a card in the mail to pay the fees. 

I'd just be patient. I never order something abroad if I want it anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

See if this tracker pulls any more info up: http://www.17track.net/en

It seems to track more than most. Even knows what RM is doing when RM hasn't a clue...

Thats the tracker asiaairsoft uses....sadly limited info with my tracking number.

Looks like might have to wait....just weird that two orders a day apart results in only one turning up.  Maybe Santa will bring me something.

Our customs has a rule of "if it's worth less than 'x' amount it has no customs charge" (I can't remember the value off the top of my head)
Which could be why the first one has arrived but the other one hasn't? (obviously without knowing the value, I don't know if this is applicable)

But I've personally found that Asian shipping is great, and if it gets held up at customs it's either a backlog/mass amount of parcels there, or the customs charge hasn't been paid fully. (In which case a card will arrive at some point asking you to pay the remaining bit of the customs charge) Oh and also if the UKARA number is missing from the package this can slow it down further. (I always put my UKARA number in the shipping address somewhere, like usually in my 2nd address line or something)
Just keep waiting and I'm sure it will arrive :)

• Supporters

In the past stuff from china has arrived ok, occasionally bit longer than expected but it gets here, but last two items, small value stuff from 2 seperate sellers, has failed to show, hope its not a pattern emerging ?.

Archived