Need help! GG firehawk

Daddymatt93
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Joined this forum 5mins ago.. I know f**k all about anything.. I brought a gg firehawk couple days a go as I would like to get into airsoft etc. (First gun) worked fine for 2 days. All a sudden it stoped. I could not tell if the fuse was blown but ended up dropping it so had to buy a new one regardless lol, I brought 10 of them today and I've put 3 in and they have all blown. No sound,no nothing. (Flat blade mini fuse). Within about 10 secounds the fuse goes bang! The battery also seems to be getting very very hot the gun come with a 1600 battery... Could this be a battery problem/fuse or moter issues. Thanks

• Supporters

Take it back to the shop you purchased it from(if purchased new) it should be replaced/repaired under warranty.  If purchased second hand I would suggest getting a tech to look at it, not saying your not technically minded, but learning these things takes time and I wouldn’t expect anyone to know everything to begin with.

If the fuse is blowing you have a surge somewhere. Could be the motor, but I’d say possible a short in the wiring? There are far more experienced techs here who will help you a lot more than I can. Just want to help them help you by getting the basics out the way!

• Supporters

A std FireHawk should not be doing any of that crap - even on 11.1v

They use a 8 tooth bevel which means the gears run at about 22:1

(slower gear change to assist in pulling a slightly stronger spring in such short barrel gun)

So with a Blue G&G motor & that ratio it is not under any crazy stress even with a modest stronger spring

You should not get PME on 11.1v coz std FH's run slower that the first TopTech FH's at launch

they were very nice & snappy - will have a TopTech sticker on gearbox viewed in magwell

more info here on this rare TT FH's:

So if you have a std firehawk with 22:1 gears (8 tooth bevel) I doubt if you could hit 20rps on 11.1v

(doubt if you hit 19rps tbh or you have non std FH unless they have revised them again)

So even on 11.1v hitting 19rps your box should not wreck so quickly

I know they don't correct AoE but the stuff inside is pretty durable for 12 months at least but 2 days - FFS !!!!

It sounds like a lockup on the gearbox - very bad luck

A part may have failed, the piston is normally fairly durable - well longer than 2 days

could have snapped the big tooth (pickup tooth) off the back but quite rare tbh in just 2 days

Could have stripped the piston usually by taking the pi$$ speed wise

unless the motor/gearing changed and extra juice I can't see that happening on std FH

I had a G&G Anti Reversal latch break once but just rolled backwards as bits didn't lock the box

Even if something has broke off it would have to jam up the drivechain to lock the box

shredding a piston just makes a ZZZZZZZ sound etc......

Sounds like the drivechain is locked and the box is siezed, motor is fighting to turn over hence the heat

Send the thing back - is the best advice coz it sounds like it needs strip down

which you should not need to do because:

It is only two days old aprox

It is under warranty if new - or send to a tech as mentioned

Finally you haven't got a clue you admitted and unless the gun is out of warranty & out of luck you should not really be attempting to tear a gun apart if you know very little

Is the gun new, is it a std FireHawk or a HC05 DSG version - just asking

or is it s/hand & you bought a used gun ???

DO NOT TAKE THE THING APART IF YOU HAVE A WARRANTY

They are nothing ultra complicated but like most stuff you have a lot of grief at first before you start to learn

(my first attempts at opening up guns did not go very well and you should not really have to rip a 2 day gun open)

You say the guncame with a 1600 mah battery - what voltage btw ???

and was this purchased new with gun or bought a s/hand gun with battery/charger package

Gis some more info, where you are, your local site might have a tech or people might know somebody near you

But a new gun should be returned as they really don't just blow up like so quickly

You could drop motor or check this/that and run some tests but first give us a bit more info perhaps

Hey mate,

26 minutes ago, Daddymatt93 said:

When I shake it sounds like a bb could b stuck. Could this also be a factor. Or could the moter just be bugerd. Thanks

Have you actually tried to run an unjamming rod down it? If not it's possible..
I'm new to airsoft so don't quote me on my accuracy of knowledge but, I do know that if you try to shoot out a bb jam, you can end up really screwing over the internals (pretty sure the piston is a big one to break in a jam, and possibility of stripping gears? not too sure on specifics).

Best advice I can give as a noob is get an unjamming rod and use it, see if it really is a stuck bb. Hopefully it's still alright after wards :) 

• Supporters

That’s a Nimh battery, probably 9.6v rather than the 8,4v, perfectly fine for that gun.

That rattle could be a Bb, but more likely an internal part has broken. Not going to hazard a guess. Have you another battery you could try? Just want to rule out a dodgy battery.

Your best bet is getting it to a tech to sort, where abouts in the country are you based?

• Supporters

8.4v to be exact very mild

each cell is 1.2v x 7 = 8.4v in total

9.6v = 8 cells

I'm guessing the stock was changed as the FH has a buffer tube

stock meaning it is f*cking tricky to fit a beefy lipo or any battery in there

was kinda guessing it was s/hand from the battery supplied & crapping out in just 2 days

so where abouts are ya ??

Also you dropped the fuse so bought a new one or 10 of them....

did the fuse break or you lost it or something

just looked and seems to be a white/clear 25amp fuse

Gun wasn't firing at all just stoped. But was perfectly fine before hand. I guessed it may be the fuse as I popped it out I dropped the fuse so. So I couldn't tell if it broke before I dropped it if you get what I mean, I went and brought 10 of the same fuse and used 3 them all blew. I've not got a unblocking rod but I pushed some copper wire down and seems like it is not block. I'm from swanley. Kent. BR8.. any one on here local and could check it out for me? I'll pay of course. Just gutted after 2 days this has happened lol.. I payed £80 for it.  Dose this sound like a fair price. Come with 7 mags and a red dot scope.. if something it major wrong with it dose anyone know how much it could end up costing me.. is it worth getting it fixed etc

I’m about an hour away if you don’t find anybody closer.

Did it stop firing whilst you where using it, or refused to fire when you went back to it, after firing OK previously?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Daddymatt93 said:

Gun wasn't firing at all just stoped. But was perfectly fine before hand. I guessed it may be the fuse as I popped it out I dropped the fuse so. So I couldn't tell if it broke before I dropped it if you get what I mean, I went and brought 10 of the same fuse and used 3 them all blew. I've not got a unblocking rod but I pushed some copper wire down and seems like it is not block. I'm from swanley. Kent. BR8.. any one on here local and could check it out for me? I'll pay of course. Just gutted after 2 days this has happened lol.. I payed £80 for it.  Dose this sound like a fair price. Come with 7 mags and a red dot scope.. if something it major wrong with it dose anyone know how much it could end up costing me.. is it worth getting it fixed etc

Well stop pushing wire down the barrel for a start

As you are in Kent then Jez Armstrong or Jezza is in Edenbridge....

https://www.facebook.com/Strongarmairsoft/

He knows a thing or two, used to be a tech at Pro Airsoft Supplies and been around for a while

I have never used him but that is tech who knows what he is doing & near-ish to you

£80 was a good deal with the bits - alas the thing crapped out but that price will allow a small repair & service

Still leaves you not too much out of pocket with gun/mags/battery/charger n stuff

https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/profile/13302-jez_armstrong/

I have no affiliation with him, I might have met him at a Mall showcase event

but spotted him in a mag feature a bit later...

https://www.airsoft-action.online/issue-49-june-2015/

page 80 for interview with bloke himself - yesssss knew I read about him somewhere

(I rarely forget stuff coz it drives me nutz if I can't recall stuff)

he knows his stuff and is local so could be worth giving him a shout

he has taken a bag of bits n bobs that people have wrecked & dismantled sent into him and got the gun all working

Reckon a bloke like him or a local tech guy at you nearest site is best bet

He worked at ProAirsoft - oddly enough where I bought my first RIF & was a FireHawk (TopTech)

This was before they had a change of owners or something, then a reshuffle of people

Or something like a restructure or stuff....

I can't really help much as I got enough crap on my plate atm 2 weeks before chrimbo

(Sorry)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
On 12/10/2017 at 0:10 AM, Sitting Duck said:

Sounds like the drivechain is locked and the box is siezed, motor is fighting to turn over hence the heat

If motor turns on its own then it is likely the box has locked up - most probably due to a part failing

In rare daft cases if polarity is incorrect the box will attempt to run backwards but be stopped by the Anti Reversal latch

BUT you said it was working ok so I guess you didn't mess with stuff before

As long as you have the red wire to red motor pole or + symbol on the blue motor and red goes to red etc.....

Then you can rule out reverse polarity so it looks like box has seized or locked up

It could be a spring caught up on retraction or something simple but tbh I doubt it

G&G's are "normally" built quite well but over time and this is s/hand so could be lightly used or well abused

Likely something like bushing/bearing failure or AR latch or even a small chunk of plastic/metal broke off wedged in gears

(you wouldn't believe how a small piece of crap can lock up even a beefy drivechain system)

Doubt if it is a knackered piston - normally shredded pistons or snapped at back just make a ZZZZZZZ sound

You have a locked box it semms - so something has failed and jammed up the box real good - it ain't turning

Now it could be this or it could be that perhaps but I still feel it is going to need tearing open to investigate

then diagnosed and serviced/replace any parts showing failure or wear

then regreased and reassembled & test

I've given you a tech or ask your local site to perhaps investigate

shouldn't take long or cost a silly amount to sort out

I'd like to help but got some stuff on my plate already

Also Mrs Duck wants the dining table clear of bits n bobs for some Turkey dinner thing on Monday

(yeah kinda weird these women I know but I think she really means it this time)

Archived