New Player from Staffordshire

LightningCh
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

New to airsoft, loving it, sorting out my guns soon enough (got my UKARA number sorted)
At the moment I only play at Stormforce under hire kits, (I will be there on December 30th for my 4th game day, in case anyone who sees this is there)

Looking to expand on places to play and people to play with as I have no friends who play airsoft already, nor are they interested in the sport :( 
Got my own car so I will gladly travel for games once my personal kit is sorted.

So far I've liked these forums, and those that have answered my questions have been really helpful so far so I'm sure I will be sticking around :)

Thanks so far,
Lightning

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

thanks :D just wondering though. Are there many players in the staffs area here? I have used the search and it doesn't really seem to be any posts as of recent with players from the staffs area..

Hi chap,

I'm in Staffs, don't use the forum much though. I've been to Stormforce once and although it's a great site it's not really my bag which is a shame as it's literally 5 minutes from my house!

My usual site is Hilton Park Airsoft Skirmish, just off junction 11 of the M6. It runs short games which I prefer but I know not everyone is into that, horses for courses.

Depending where you are in Staffs Frontier Airsoft over Penkridge way gets very good reviews, they put an awful lot of effort into the storylines for the games plus costumes, props and even actors! I've not managed to go myself yet but I'm hoping to rectify that next year.

There's also Ace Airsoft off Junction 3 of the M54 which looks good and is on my list to visit if I ever get a chance!

Also West Midlands Airsoft have a woodland site between Stoke and Uttoxeter if you're more northern staffs, I've played with some of the guys from there at Hilton and they were a thoroughly sound bunch. They also have a CQB site just off Junction 2 of the M5 which again is on my list especially as one of my friends lives right by it.

I've found Facebook pretty good for finding sites as not all of them have a dedicated website or if they do it's not up to date.

Hope some of this helps if you've got any questions feel free to message me.

Alright thanks very much, I'm actually Tamworth based which is a real pain, as literally all the sites are really far from me! The closest to me is actually Fireball at Bassetts Pole but they are a professional bunch and I'm not professional lol.

I have looked at WMA but was put off by distance (especially since ive done so little games) but i will definitely check them out in the new year, even if i haven't got my gun, I know Sixmil have a solid collection of hire guns. (Same guys who do the stormforce hires)

And I can understand completely that Stormforce ain't your cup of tea, it's been a little messy for it's story driven games, especially the last time... Much prefer the basic "land grab" mode.

But ah well, thanks for pointing these sites out (as I never would have found them without you saying them lol, they are so hard to come by.. Heck, even stormforce is classed as a "paintball" site by google! Thats how hard its been for me to find them)

1 hour ago, Jack Thrust said:

I've found Facebook pretty good for finding sites as not all of them have a dedicated website or if they do it's not up to date.

And thanks for that, never really thought to use facebook as I haven't touched it in years.

Just can't wait to have my kit sorted and being able to travel for games.

Thanks again! :D

• 5 months later...

Hi mate, fellow Staffs airsofter here.

If you are willing to travel over an hour, try Anzio Camp in Leek, Staffs Moorlands. Ex MOD base, high quality players, FIBUA setting consisting of around 12 (IIRC) buildings with open grasslands in between.

Following vid shot by myself in 2014:

Failing that, Stormforce in Rugeley is a good, newbie friendly place. I went about 2 weeks ago and enjoyed it, although i'm more into CQB than woodland.

Frontier in Penkridge is good; last time I went was December 2014; as said above, they had actors and great scenario based missions.

On the subject of Penkridge, ACE Airsoft used to run frontier at Penkridge; their current site in Wolverhampton is good if you like woodland. I've not been for a good few years but the last time I went, it was great. Really has a beautiful woodland setting. The following video was taken by myself around 1 or 2 months after they opened:

If you are willing to travel to stoke for some CQB, west mids airsoft have a site in Cobridge, was called Sierra 2 but I think its name has changed recently. It's a nasty rat run of sharp and tight corners, dark areas and well hidden hiding holes. Good place to test your close quarter skills.

Following vid shot in October:

Hope this helps!

Archived