How can my mate bring me airsoft guns from Pakistan here to England without a UKARA

Turban8r69
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So my mate has gone to Pakistan for 2 weeks and he was asking me what I want as a gift and I asked if he could bring me some gas blow backs and neither of us have a UKARA license as I am 15 so I can’t get a license as I am too young and he just isn’t up to it. I’ve always I wanted a rif and this is my chance but how does he bring it over without getting trouble, he comes back in 1 week and I need to tell him how to bring it over without getting in trouble before it’s too late, any quick responses would be very appreciated. 

• Supporters

There is no licence. Only a defense (UKARA, site membership, etc).

If your mate doesn't have a defense then he won't be able to import his RIFs. 

If you could that would kind of defeat the entire point of the system. 

• Head Moderator

It is illegal, neither of you have a defence to import a RIF.  Do not try it or think that you can circumvent the law.  Any guns will be seized by UK Borders / HMRC and destroyed; travelling from that part of the world will raise security considerations..

• 2 weeks later...

Coming back from Pakistan with things that look like guns, in the current climate of international terrorism... What could possibly go wrong?

I'm sure your friend would enjoy a lengthy stay at Her Majesty's pleasure.

Dont be so bloody daft.

Agreed!

Read this and then advise your friend to leave anything that could resemble a firearm safely in Pakistan.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-violent-crime-reduction-act-2006-commencement-no-3-order-2007-firearms-measures

Archived