Cyma cm.513

Cadoris
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good Morning Gents.

I'm after a little help.... if possible.

I bought THIS cheap little AEG a when I started out from a UK based retailer who kindly painted it bright orange for me, now I have my UKARA I wish to respray the stock and hand-guard back to their original glorious black.

My problem is, I can seem to remove the hand-guard!!! I have removed a small allen screw but cannot see any other screws to remove.

I have gotten the handguard to spin around the barrel (I wonder if this would give me an edge?)

As the hand-guard is vented and there is no paint on the barrel behind it and there are clean lines, the retailer must have gotten this off... somehow.

I have attempted to contact the retailer but I have not gotten any reply over the last week. (and to be honest the customer service is dreadful, I'll not be using them again.)

Has anyone had any experience in the dissemble of this in the past, I don't want to run around all camo'd up with a day-glow orange shooter.

I will insert pictures when I get chance

• Supporters

On my CM516, once you've got that piece loose, you have to wiggle it over a lemon-shaped block at the front of the barrel.  There's no science to it, it's just a case of getting it lined up fortuitously and then sliding it off.

I assume you've got that suppressor off?  If you can spin the guard then you should be able to see inside it the block at the front of the barrel that's not moving, and hopefully figure it out from there.

Hmmm

Still no luck, I have removed the suppressor, barrel and upper receiver, and that's where I'm stuck

See pic

It looks like the hand-guard has a thread and is in the black ring, if this is right, I have a feeling that the retailer screwed the handguard in before the paint was fully dry.

I think I'll just need to mask up and spray as is.

Thanks for your time.

15121530648341979457615.jpg

Archived