warranty on Airsoft guns

Elmer
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking to buy a Krytac Trident CRB MK2 and I can currently only find two sellers who have them in stock surplusstore and patrolbase. I was quite shocked to see though that surplusstore's warranty on AEGs is 90 days and partolbase's warranty is only one month!

I realize that airsoft guns aren't the most reliable things, but I thought that generally new items purchased in the UK came as standard with 12 month warranties, I've only noticed one and three month warranties before on refurbished items.

Other places such as socomtactical and proairsoftsupplies have the normal 12 month warranty, but don't currently have any stock unfortunately.

The thought of spending £330 on a gun and on its second ever time of being used, at an event just over a month after purchase it completely dies and it isn't covered by warranty I wouldn't be very happy.

45 minutes ago, Elmer said:

I'm looking to buy a Krytac Trident CRB MK2 and I can currently only find two sellers who have them in stock surplusstore and patrolbase. I was quite shocked to see though that surplusstore's warranty on AEGs is 90 days and partolbase's warranty is only one month!

I realize that airsoft guns aren't the most reliable things, but I thought that generally new items purchased in the UK came as standard with 12 month warranties, I've only noticed one and three month warranties before on refurbished items.

Other places such as socomtactical and proairsoftsupplies have the normal 12 month warranty, but don't currently have any stock unfortunately.

The thought of spending £330 on a gun and on its second ever time of being used, at an event just over a month after purchase it completely dies and it isn't covered by warranty I wouldn't be very happy.

It’s not compulsory to give a warranty.  Warranty’s are in addition to your legal rights as a buyer - that the item is fit for purpose etc

Strictly speaking if an item breaks down even after a warranty period but the reasonable life time is longer (eg according to the white goods trade association give a guide lifetime of 7 years for the ‘average’ domestic washing machine) this is likely to be longer than a warranty, so other than the argument of whether you have worn out the machine / not cleared filters etc you can get a fault fixed for free without a warranty

(I saved taxpayers lots of £ by referring to WTA guidance and avoided paying more for extended warranties & service contracts then your tax money on bulk discount equipment - at the risk of just having to replace with new)

Its more likely that you will experience any faults within those shorter periods then have a manufacturing fault come up later on, let alone attribute a problem at some point in the future to a ‘claimable’ warranty / product fault issue 

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Tommikka said:

It’s not compulsory to give a warranty.  Warranty’s are in addition to your legal rights as a buyer - that the item is fit for purpose etc

True, but what a short warranty tells you is that the retailer is likely to argue to toss and start giving it "That's owner abuse, that is".

In practice, that sends you off down the route of doing chargebacks or small claims, both of which I've done, and neither of which is a quick process.

Meanwhile you're sitting out of pocket, with a broken gun, ticking away the precious irreplaceable moments of your life.  It's a first world existential crisis and no mistake.

Thanks for all the replies

Thanks James, Fire support are listing a 6 months warranty which is certainly better than surplusstore and patrolbase but I'd prefer 12 months really

Thanks snuff  that facebook group looks good

Urban airsoft have the CRBs in stock and their warranty is as follows "... replicas come with a 12 month warranty that covers any manufacturers faults, it does not cover wear and tear, tampering faults or any man made faults"

Think I might go with them, though the phrase "wear and tear" I do find a little vague, fine if they mean things like hop-up rubbers not so fine if the motor or something major dies after 2 months and that's put down to wear and tear.

Archived