Footwear?

JasonFPS
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What footwear would you recommend? alot of people wear boots, now a friend of mine has mentioned trainers that are multi cam, he says they would be comfortable and you'd be fast on your feet, whats your opinion?

• Head Moderator

Not everything is General discussion, try posting in a more appropriate sub-forum. 

Boots.  They provide ankle support and good grip, especially if playing outdoors.. 

It depends on what area you're playing in and what's comfortable on your feet.

Personally I'd go with something that'll support your ankles where it comes to uneven and rough terrain i.e. woodland, whereas, I'd run something lower profiled for CQB/indoors, where you're far less likely to trip over or fall due to uneven surfaces. That said, I'll refer you back to my initial comment.

• Supporters

Boots with ankle support and an aggressive tread are a must for me. I use Excalibur walking boots for Airsoft as well as day to day and they're great. 

On eBay you can find a variety of ex-army combat boots for under £30 at grade 1. It may be worth having a look to see what you can find. 

• Head Moderator

You and your friend may want to read this.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I have a pair of Trojan G98s

06G9800.JPG

Not military styled, but my word, the comfort and the grip and the ankle support are great.

They are a bit clumpy mind you as they are steel toed work boots.

I'd like some taller boots to keep my trousers tucked in mind you, they always come out on these.

• Supporters

Boots are a must. There are ones that are more rigid and some give more freedom. I had Haix P3 deserts that I loved. They were perfect fit. Now I have British Army Meindl boots which are much more rigid. I don't like them very much.

I’m not a gear whore. I run cheap pants, a cheap shirt and a cheap plate carrier. I did run cheap £30 ‘tactical’ boots for a bit, but they don’t last. There’s nothing worse than running around Anzio with cold wet feet for 8 hours. I bought some Lowa GTX (Z8n?) boots and they are out of this world. They are comfy, supportive and waterproof (stand in a bath waterproof). Makes the world of difference to have nice boots when it’s cold and wet.  

10 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I’m not a gear whore. I run cheap pants, a cheap shirt and a cheap plate carrier. I did run cheap £30 ‘tactical’ boots for a bit, but they don’t last. There’s nothing worse than running around Anzio with cold wet feet for 8 hours. I bought some Lowa GTX (Z8n?) boots and they are out of this world. They are comfy, supportive and waterproof (stand in a bath waterproof). Makes the world of difference to have nice boots when it’s cold and wet.  

Good sale on some Lowa boots at the minute. Wish I'd seen it last month.

My favourites for indoors are Bates patrol/sport boots. The tread doesn't pick up BB's and is very quiet. Not waterproof so not really suited to a swamp game.

I’ve had mine for a couple of months now. Think I paid £145 for them and they were the cheapest I could find. 

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

I’ve had mine for a couple of months now. Think I paid £145 for them and they were the cheapest I could find. 

I paid more for that for a pair of Salomon GTX's, doubt I'll play airsoft in them as I'm an indoor player. Some similar Lowa's are <£90 at the minute. Which would be a good option for playing in.

• Supporters
On 26/11/2017 at 6:58 PM, Gepard said:

On eBay you can find a variety of ex-army combat boots for under £30 at grade 1. It may be worth having a look to see what you can find. 

I wear Gore Tex lined army surplus boots pretty much 365.  Bike wear, office wear, formal wear (people meet the queen wearing them), hiking wear, airsoft wear, everything.

My last pair only lasted 5 1/2 years of constant use before the soles wore through though, so you may want to factor that into your calculations.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

My last pair only lasted 5 1/2 years of constant use before the soles wore through though, so you may want to factor that into your calculations.

If you could get 5 years of constant wear out of £30 boots before having the soles replaced I'd say that's a bloody good deal! :D

On 26/11/2017 at 6:49 PM, JasonFPS said:

What footwear would you recommend? alot of people wear boots, now a friend of mine has mentioned trainers that are multi cam, he says they would be comfortable and you'd be fast on your feet, whats your opinion?

The multicam trainers will most likely be these Magnums:

http://www.magnumboots.com/uK/boots/elite/402/v-lite-intrepid-hpi-multicam/

They offer no ankle support which is a very bad thing in the woods or on rough ground.

Light and comfortable can equal fast movement but risks your ankle with the obvious dangers of stumbling or  twisted ankle, but there is also the less obvious risk of good grip when changing direction - you stop and turn, your feet grip well and your body makes the turn.  Joints aren’t made to be that flexible.

If you want light as opposed to full boots then consider a high top trainer etc for slightly better ankle cover. But also consider how thin the soles are - you might feel everything on the ground 

Get down to Sport Direct and get some of their boots,cheap,comfortable off the peg,waterproof and long lasting.--->Gelert..and girls love them..:rolleyes:

I've had mine for over a year now with no signs of damage,yes I've tried other "expensive" brands,you need a degree of comfort if you're gonna mince around all day.

Don't wear trainers a friend of mine broke his ankle,you need ankle support....unless you buy cleats which are very expensive 

• Moderators
On 26/11/2017 at 6:49 PM, JasonFPS said:

what does the site you play at say?, some sites state boots only, some sites say its advisable....but id wear boots all the time, slip, twist ankle in first 5mins you have paid to sit with an ice pack on it (if your lucky)

Archived