Build help DMR H&K

mfenn1997
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello I currently snipe with my upgraded VSR but am interested in getting a DMR style gun for closer and more intense firefights. 

I've heard and seen a lot of good things about the Umarex H&K G28 AEG also love the design, however this is an expensive base gun. I have been looking at the Umarex H&K 417 (VFC) and the Umarex H&K M27 IUA (VFC) and was wondering for price effectiveness how close I could get to G28 or better performance with these as bases. 

I'd be looking at a max of 450 FPS with an accurate/effective range of 220+ feet. Locked to semi auto by programmable MOSFET. With both versions I'd add a longer inner barrel that runs through a mock silencer. 

My question is what's the best way to go about upgrading to get this range and accuracy for cost effectiveness, but with unmatched quality and longevity, I want to have a headturner. 

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43-longrange-aegs/892-holy-grail-building-your-dmr-aeg.html

And don't bother with the longer barrel. It does nothing for accuracy. 0.36g BBs with a 363mm barrel and a full cylinder is about right. You want about 2.5-2.6:1 cylinder /barrel volume ratio for good efficiency with heavy BBs.

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Build a Vector :)

AnvsAWc.jpg

That is a sweet looking vector, what are the specs. 

1 hour ago, Hangtight said:

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43-longrange-aegs/892-holy-grail-building-your-dmr-aeg.html

And don't bother with the longer barrel. It does nothing for accuracy. 0.36g BBs with a 363mm barrel and a full cylinder is about right. You want about 2.5-2.6:1 cylinder /barrel volume ratio for good efficiency with heavy BBs.

Thanks for the link, it's a big read will get through it all soon. Thanks for the tip mate. 

Many thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Cutrimson said:

Doesn't the vector have a 300mm long mag that would be fouling the floor in that configuration?

Short and long mags actually, and the bipod extends for the long mag lol

14 hours ago, mfenn1997 said:

That is a sweet looking vector, what are the specs. 

This one is a standard KWA gbb with real steel KRISS barrel shroud, stock adapter and rail, clone Magpul stock, clone Specter DR

9 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

This one is a standard KWA gbb with real steel KRISS barrel shroud, stock adapter and rail, clone Magpul stock, clone Specter DR

I love that real steel shroud, looks great.

Whats the range like?

Just now, mfenn1997 said:

I love that real steel shroud, looks great.

Whats the range like?

The KWA was great up to 25m, no idea after that, only ever shot at my local range and back garden lol.

Swapped it for an ARES now

23 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

The KWA was great up to 25m, no idea after that, only ever shot at my local range and back garden lol.

Swapped it for an ARES now

Ahhh right I see, still really dont know what to do.

The HK417 is a heavy bit of kit and not particularly cheap either, especially when you remember how much you're going to have to spend on it. I love mine but I'm turning it into a DMR and it's more complicated than I was expecting as I was planning on giving it a Gate Titan but the trigger setup is different. As for turning it into a G28, you're looking at £150 for the 20" barrel and rail and Idk if you can get the matching stock for the G28 as the 417 has an enlarged buffer tube so only the original stock fits on it. If you really want a G28 VFC do one that comes with all the right bits but they're the best part of a grand and that's if you can even find one.

1 minute ago, PopRocket123 said:

The HK417 is a heavy bit of kit and not particularly cheap either, especially when you remember how much you're going to have to spend on it. I love mine but I'm turning it into a DMR and it's more complicated than I was expecting as I was planning on giving it a Gate Titan but the trigger setup is different. As for turning it into a G28, you're looking at £150 for the 20" barrel and rail and Idk if you can get the matching stock for the G28 as the 417 has an enlarged buffer tube so only the original stock fits on it. If you really want a G28 VFC do one that comes with all the right bits but they're the best part of a grand and that's if you can even find one.

I like the individual style of each, would not be tryting to make the 417 look like a G28. It's ashame the G28 is so expensive, they got a sale on EVIKE on it for aroun £450 (standard edition) but with shipping and import would be quite a bit more. How was the trigger system different?

14 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

They do make a pretty DMR though...

IMG_20171115_221953.jpg

Yes they do very pretty.

I swear I've seen this exact gun before online somewhere, the silencer cover being the key similair feature to the other picture I have seen.

1 hour ago, mfenn1997 said:

Yes they do very pretty.

I swear I've seen this exact gun before online somewhere, the silencer cover being the key similair feature to the other picture I have seen.

Probably. I'm a bit of a whore so I post photos of my guns wherever I can

1 minute ago, PopRocket123 said:

Probably. I'm a bit of a whore so I post photos of my guns wherever I can

Haha fair enough, nothing wrong with showing off

Archived