Cerakote. Hi-SpecCoatings

Marco
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Marco, thanks for the reply mate, core not cheap then but looks worth well it, :)

Mike cripps at eliteshootingcentre seems to do parts for £9, slides for £15 and frames for £20, it would be interesting to know how the quality differs if at all.. So I might give him a shout. 

ATB Marc 

It's not advertised on his website t

1 hour ago, Marc.RG1 said:

Hi Marco, thanks for the reply mate, core not cheap then but looks worth well it, :)

Mike cripps at eliteshootingcentre seems to do parts for £9, slides for £15 and frames for £20, it would be interesting to know how the quality differs if at all.. So I might give him a shout. 

ATB Marc 

It's not advertised on his website though.

No problem mate, yeah Mike a bit old school with his site and the way he deals to be honest, but always been a pleasure.. If you do get some done from Mike please let me know, I'm trying really hard not to get a xdm compact turned white and black lol. 

ATB Marc 

• Root Admin

Is he certified though? Cerakoting does take more steps than you'd expect for a normal paint job and can interfere with the workings of a GBB if not done properly. Also the bead blasting so the finish is even?

Mine was £130 for the receiver (upper and lower) and a reasonably long rail. It was a two paint mix (but I don't think they charged any extra for that).

22 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Is he certified though? Cerakoting does take more steps than you'd expect for a normal paint job and can interfere with the workings of a GBB if not done properly. Also the bead blasting so the finish is even?

Mine was £130 for the receiver (upper and lower) and a reasonably long rail. It was a two paint mix (but I don't think they charged any extra for that).

You guess is as good as mine, but as Mike custom builds for a living I'm sure his painting s is all good too, he either does it himself or sends it to be done, I might give him a call during the week and ask. 

ATB Marc 

On 14/11/2017 at 11:42 AM, proffrink said:

I know what he does (he's been around for ages as be both know), but you need a reasonably expensive oven and bead blaster to do Cerekoting. Like you say, the wording makes it seem like he might outsource it so that seems more likely.

Just talked to Mike on the phone and he does indeed send the parts off to be cerakoted, the guy cleans the parts, sand or bean blasts the parts then paints them using the heated cured cerakoted rather then the air dried stuff. Mike also confirmed a price for me, £15 plus post for the slide and £15 for the one piece frame. 

So in a week or so I'll send him a metal slide to do, then maybe a frame or two later. :)

ATB Marc 

this is going to sound like a noob question (know basically nothing about Cerakote) is it just single solid colour that can be done? or can these people use cerakote to make patterns?

Archived