UPS Shipping

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What have other people's experiences been with UPS for receiving or sending airsoft stuff?

• Supporters

Within the UK?  I've not had an IF of RIF by them, but they were OK with handling both BFGs and blanks.  UPS Pickup is a godsend for hiding your addiction people who can't wait around all day to receive packages too.

Curiously JD Airsoft said they couldn't send blanks via UPS, but Airsoft World sent them just fine.

Friend had a slight issue with UPS the other day...

RIF was being sent back from Tac (systema technician) hes used UPS for years for shipping RIFS back to customers and they are well aware of what the contents of the shipments are as they are stated on the invoices for shipping purposes and insurance. UPS decided they didn't like shipping it on this occasion so held the package at their warehouse and advised my friend they would have to come and collect it personally (30 miles out of their way) when they got the package it had been torn open and part of the RIF had been damaged. 

If I remember correctly Airsoft World ship all their RIFS through UPS and don't have an issue, I have previously shipped via Parcel Force but not sure how or where they stand on RIFS now.

There are a few threads on who are the best couriers to ship RIFS with so have a look on the search function and it may allude to any changes that have happened recently with shipping.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Within the UK?  I've not had an IF of RIF by them, but they were OK with handling both BFGs and blanks.  UPS Pickup is a godsend for hiding your addiction people who can't wait around all day to receive packages too.

Curiously JD Airsoft said they couldn't send blanks via UPS, but Airsoft World sent them just fine.

+1 for that if you can get to a drop off point....wife needn't know!!

tbh anything is better than myherms!

Well I've been having a nightmare with them. Paid for express delivery that should have been delivered today by 12, it was never picked up from the "access point" - seems the driver just chose not to take it - and their customer service is shite. "Resolutions team" apparently chose not to take my call (no reason given), and that I would hear back from them, but surprise surprise, not a peep. Still no tracking update since yesterday.

UPDATE - just had a call from them, playing silly buggers with me like I'm some kind of idiot. Refusing to acknowledge responsibility, refusing to even provide me with a receipt or invoice! Quoting some company policy that supposedly is their get out of jail free card (not on my watch!).

Was pretty good for my Taiwan gun package in July,  no issues, ended up rescheduling the delivery for the next day due to not being able to stay in for it originally and it arrived the following day as requested.

UPS's online system blows goats as far as I'm concerned. I've signed up with them to manage deliveries so I can sign for online and get stuff to a neighbour or a UPS collection point. But none of it saves any settings or allows me to do any of that. Despite calling them and logging help desk calls it just doesn't work. Causes me untold grief if I order from places that use them.

Archived