Transit bags

Oli.Hanks
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks anyone know of a good bag that I could fit my rifle and molle gear in for travelling to and from games as i cant drive i have to carry it all so normally I walk about with a gun bag and a kit bag 

Hi folks anyone know of a good bag that I could fit my rifle and molle gear in for travelling to and from games as i cant drive i have to carry it all so normally I walk about with a gun bag and a kit bag 

• Head Moderator

What length is your rifle?  Does it have an adjustable or folding stock.

This bag is very good, the Arc'teryx LEAF Khard 60 backpack  https://online.edgarbrothers.com/products/15328

Not driving is a real pain in the ballsack, I didn't really start airsoft until I'd got a car.

A decent sports bag with wheels so you don't have to carry it all the way lol. Failing that I've got some large back packs that can fit everything in including a M4 lol 

8 hours ago, Oli.Hanks said:

Shop around and think outside the box

A specific sports travel bag especially Paintball ones can easily be £200, but a generic similar bag under £20

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XXL-Extra-Large-Travel-Luggage-Wheeled-Trolley-Holdall-Suitcase-Case-Duffle-Bag/321937380085?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49138%26meid%3D893301718153449787fbdec0396fb072%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D171464682207&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

A rifle or military style backpack can again attract high prices, either due to genuine high military spec and the fact that people will

pay a premium because they either need that or because they just can, or just artificially high because it’s ‘tactical’

Go and have a look around a general sports shop, but wander around all of the sections for different sports and styles of bags

You can go for something big that will take everything you could possibly carry in one go, to medium that’s just big enough to take the length of your gun plus depth for the rest of your gear, making it smaller and manageable when travelling on public transport etc

I’ve got a vast array of bags with a tall wheeled archery case (good for a full rifle), a hat rectangle guitar case (good for a full rifle, but the handle is off balance ... because it’s balance for a guitar!), peli cases, wheeled tool boxes (tall combi ones and the classic Stanley roller toolbox - good for assorted gear and tools etc.

No good for rifles, good for paintball guns or pistols and maybe short/folded smgs (along with the gun in something such as padded laptop sleeves, various rifle bags including ‘sniper mat’ bags (but these look exactly like gun bags which may not be what you want in public transport), snowboard bags (which I have used to combine two or three rifle bags and disguise them), various sports bags and holdalls including the classic ops black deployment bag, 

........  the world is your oyster

• Head Moderator
15 hours ago, Oli.Hanks said:

Hi folks anyone know of a good bag 

This is a duplicate topic, please read forum rules. 

I have now merged them.

Have seen people rock up with suitcases, guitar cases, tool boxes and your standard airsoft bags and rifle cases...

+1 for the wheelie luggage bags, Indiscreet and designed to take a lot of stuff. Also like mentioned a fraction of the cost of branded tactical gear (and you can use them for your holidays lol)

It kinda makes sense. I luckily have a car so its not so much an issue. I fling gear in all sorts and chuck it in the back so I dont need a proper organised system. 

But If I were to use public transport it would probably be my choice as it will hold everything, be fairly rugged (as long as you get a half decent one) and not be as expensive as proper tactical gear and easier to move around plus less obvious than camo tac gear

Archived