A-up noob from derbyshire

Whompa73
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys im  not exactly new to shooting as such. Iv had plenty of air rifles and live on a farm. But even though i have an air rifle (hatsan at44-10 tactical pcp) buti dont use it much as not into hunting and killing things as a sport. I just dont get why people enjoy killing things its not big or fun or clever.  But i do enjoy shooting. A couple of friends do airsoft and in all honesty i dont think i really apreciated exactly what it was.  I figured somthing a cross between a potato gun and a water pistol but obviously running on air. But i started looking at some guns and started to get tempted then 2 weeks ago another friend said he was start doing it as he had been to a airsoft pistol shooting compatition the day before. So i descided to finall get the pistol ( we dragon 7 ) i had been humming and aring about for 4 or 5 months it  came 2 days later i loved it. I ended up watching endless softair vids on youtube and am tottaly taken with it. I did a pistol comp this week there was 30/35 people there most of whom are on teams and some get sponsored i beleive. I came in the top 8 in the speed shooting and third in the target shooting the winner only having 3 more points. As you can probly guess i now want to do the outside games. I know i want a sniper and havd been looking at the well mb12 vsr 10. And also looking for a aeg assault.  But honestly im realy starting to get confused with them all i havent even tottaly decided on the mb12 for definite. What I'mlooking for is somthing that im not going to have to replace because i either need somthing better or it breaks down too much. Any advice apreciated.

Cheers

Plenty of information to help you! 

Read the stickies and that will help, if you can’t find them someone will usually link them.

i wouldn’t start with a sniper, it’s not fun unless they are somewhat upgraded. From my experience with a cheap sniper it’s pot luck.

To begin with people recommend a G and G CM16 as they seem to be reliable and worth the money.

6 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Plenty of information to help you! 

Read the stickies and that will help, if you can’t find them someone will usually link them.

i wouldn’t start with a sniper, it’s not fun unless they are somewhat upgraded. From my experience with a cheap sniper it’s pot luck.

To begin with people recommend a G and G CM16 as they seem to be reliable and worth the money.

What upgrades would you recommend?  I know i can upgrade piston and spring in it for a tokyo mauri fairly cheaply. And its had some quite good reviews . Out of the box 470/480 with .20s . And in all honest i think I'd make a better sniper than barn stormer

Haha I wouldn't know where to begin with sniper upgrades! Best to ask one of AF UKs snipers! 

Id recommend an AEG first, cheaper and you'll be able to play effectively straightaway! 

• Supporters

Welcome! As @Georgeturner2001 mentioned I'd stick away from snipers for your first primary. YouTube videos don't really represent the actual gun out of the box and generally have a ton of upgrades which amounts to a lot of money. 

I'll always recommend a G&G CM16 for anybody getting into the sport who's looking to buy their first primary. 

If you're serious about sniping you can always look into the role 6-12 months down the line. It's just better to play for a bit and make sure you're going to enjoy the game instead of dropping silly money on something you may not even like. 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  I always recommend reading all the pinned (sticky) topics, see below, and using the search tool which has a 3 character minimum.  Easy to use if you make the effort to read through the results.

Archived