choosing a budget aeg advice wanted

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks awesome hangtight you use that as an svu??

Rogerborg its all well and good saying go and do it but i have no eye pro and would only be able to use my aep lol

With the barrel lentgh being shorter on the mp5 it will have a less accurate trajectory because the bb has less of a str8 line to travel through and send it further. With a shorter barrel the forces pushing tye projectile will bleed off much quicker than a longer barrel would.

Thats why most rifles and artillery pieces  have long barrels.

And yh cqb wv an lmg. Will be a good addition to the support/sniper role im going for.

Plus if i do eventually get a sidecar i got something to stick on the top of it.

Realistacally i chose the ak cz i am abit crippled and probly not the wisest idea to go storming buildings but setting up on a corner and emptying a few mags in the windows would be much more suited to me. 

I plan to assist the rushers with sustained or accurate fire support with either an lsw or the sniper

Peg

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

With the barrel lentgh being shorter on the mp5 it will have a less accurate trajectory because the bb has less of a str8 line to travel through and send it further. 

What? Have you not been paying attention?

The

3 minutes ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

With the barrel lentgh being shorter on the mp5 it will have a less accurate trajectory because the bb has less of a str8 line to travel through and send it further. With a shorter barrel the forces pushing tye projectile will bleed off much quicker than a longer barrel would.

Not in Airsoft. Once barrel length is over about 200mm it has absolutely zero impact on accuracy. BB weight and quality plus consistency of hop and air delivery are the driving factors in how accurate an Airsoft gun is.

Different barrel length is why cylinders are ported to give various different working volumes for the same basic piston stroke. And the heavier the  BB the more air volume you want for a given barrel length.

I built the AK bullpup from a £30 boneyard SRC RPK picked up at a local site boot sale, and it's set up to fire semi and 3 round burst that transitions into full auto if you keep the trigger down. I have thought about pushing the fps to 400 and locking it to semi only, but it's way to much fun as it is.

VU76DA7.jpg

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

>I want an AEG to play CQB with

>AK47 with a drum mag

Firehawk DSG with 5000 box mag.....

Lots of silly stuff out there - some I have done but calmed down and gone back to more sensible stuff

still - was fun though.....

zN6Hyit.jpg

dumba$$ 5000 rnd box mag - manual version

daft electric one is too much dosh and more crap to wrong imho

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/grenade-launchers-grenades/5000rd-electric-box-magazine-for-ar-15-m4-black-pj?from=listing&campaign-id=19

tbh it is just a tester poops n giggles - done now doing silly stuff

• Supporters

Airsoft guns and real weapons do not work the same. A real gun uses a rifled barrel which creates spin and stabilises the round. An airsoft gun barrel is just a tube look up the Bernoulli effect.

After about 200mm barrel length makes very little difference. Its the hop up which mainly gives you range and accuracy coupled with a smooth airflow and good quality and weight bbs.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
22 minutes ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

cirTwjw.gif

If u have the force of the air or gas pushing a bb up a pipe if the pipes shorter its only going to push it so far cz the force is bled off quicker because the force can escape quicker and the projectile will have less momentum cz it was not propelled long enough.

If you had a overly long barrel and not enough force it would bleed off before exiting. 

A rifled barrel is for accuracy and to help stop bleeding of the forces pushing it.

They actually work very similar to bb guns only the led slug is propelled by an explosion and conforms to the barrels shape.

The bb is propelled in a similar way by air or gas but it doesnt need rifling becuase it isnt melting and conforming to the barrels shape. Therefore is useless on a bb gun.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

If u have the force of the air or gas pushing a bb up a pipe if the pipes shorter its only going to push it so far cz the force is bled off quicker because the force can escape quicker and the projectile will have less momentum cz it was not propelled long enough.

If you had a overly long barrel and not enough force it would bleed off before exiting. 

That is why you choose the cylinder volume/port to suit the barrel (perhaps bb you are using as heavy bb's need a bit more air too)

Airsoft range is mainly due to the magnus effect - the backspin the hop applies to bb

without this the bb will travel about a quarter of the distance with no hop 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

4 minutes ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

A rifled barrel is for accuracy and to help stop bleeding of the forces pushing it.

They actually work very similar to bb guns only the led slug is propelled by an explosion and conforms to the barrels shape.

The bb is propelled in a similar way by air or gas but it doesnt need rifling becuase it isnt melting and conforming to the barrels shape. Therefore is useless on a bb gun.

On this I am out because I obviously have no understanding even though I have made gearboxes which use an over voluming low pressure push I obviously had no idea of physics and just got lucky in creating guns which perform well.

I will also tell people that I can no longer build guns for them because a newb just told me I was wrong and so my  expertise is obviously overrated and not worth paying for.

I bow down before  you  O'messiah of airsoft physics.

Im not gna sit here and argue wv u.

Ill just pretend the barrel has nothing to do with it.

But ill leave you with this.

If barrel length had nothing to do with it then why dont all airsofters and realsteel shooters just use pistols

Thx for the advice and the skeptic comments

Pegasus out

• Supporters
Just now, commanderpegasus420 said:

If barrel length had nothing to do with it then why dont all airsofters and realsteel shooters just use pistols

Pegasus out

Seriously? Why do so many cadets have this snooty 'know it all' attitude. All the information is available to you if you just do a bit of research. All of these people have been very patient and helpful to you and despite this you take it all for granted. I'm genuinely surprised people are still trying to help you. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I wish I could be an expert in a new hobby before having any practical experience with it.

Though having said that, I can show you how to do a perfect Immelmann turn in a plane because I've watched Memphis Belle about 7 times.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I wish I could be an expert in a new hobby before having any practical experience with it.

Though having said that, I can show you how to do a perfect Immelmann turn in a plane because I've watched Memphis Belle about 7 times.

Mate. I perfected it after the first watch. Get on my level. 

14 minutes ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

Pegasus out

A.) Real steel is VERY different to airsoft.

B.) A fair few people do "just use pistols".

Just play the f*cking game then figure it out from there.

• Supporters

OK, let's try it this way.

Picture a 6mm 0.2g BB being blown through a hopup unit that imparts all the spin then it travels down a brass barrel and exits at 350fps.

Now picture a 6mm 0.2g BB being blown through a hopup unit that imparts all the spin then it travels down a brass barrel with a slightly different length and exits at... 350fps.

Which BB will fly more accurately and why?

Wrap some plastic and metal that looks like an AK around one of the barrels.

Wrap some plastic and metal that looks like an MP5 around the other barrel.

Will that make any difference to either of the 350fps backspinning BBs?

27 minutes ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

Airsoft guns and rifled weapons are not comparable. Real guns fire a huge variety of ammunition at very different velocities for very different purposes. An Airsoft gun generates a muzzle energy of about 1 joule and fires a 6mm plastic ball. It is a glorified blowgun.

Regardless of the barrel length that little plastic ball can't leave the muzzle at more than 350fps for a full auto gun. It is possible to generate that velocity quite comfortably in a barrel as short as 100-120mm.

some players are very effective with just a pistol. One of my favourite guns is a full auto M4 pistol that fires 0.25g BBs at 290fps and 44rps, has got about as much range as any other AEG... 110mm barrel.

And the reason we don't all use pistols? The same reason you've spent 7 pages trying to decide what gun to buy.

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

Pegasus out

Bring your sniper/AEG whatever against my TM Mk23, it will out range you.

Lots of people on this forum use a pistol as a primary.

Go to a game, find someone with a 350fps sniper, and put it up against a Firehawk/mp5 at 350fps.

You will then be able to see with your own eyes that barrel length means naff all.

Archived