choosing a budget aeg advice wanted

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

24 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I will put my ICS Sig up against your TM's for range, accuracy and trigger response any day of the week.

Sorry, was laughing so hard I dropped my Caviar!

(Definately on trigger reaponse I’ll grant you.)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
2 hours ago, Crashtest33 said:

That's why I love TM fanboys this cocksure belief that TM's are bestest gnu eva. 

Give you a tip I hate G&G with a passion but tried a G&G Scar alongside the TM both stock guess which was better on 0.25's?

There are a whole bunch of guns that out the box match TM for less money once you remove the rose tinted glasses placebo effect.

Love TM recoils but love reality more.

35 minutes ago, Crashtest33 said:

I know where my money is, and if anyone's not sure, I'll run a book... ;)

7 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

That's why I love TM fanboys this cocksure belief that TM's are bestest gnu eva. 

Give you a tip I hate G&G with a passion but tried a G&G Scar along the TM both stock guess which was better on 0.25's?

There are a whole bunch of guns that out the box match TM for less money once you remove the rose tinted glasses placebo effect.

Love TM recoils but love reality more.

But no recoil effect!! Like shooting a sewing machine. May as well have HPA!

Nothing I’ve tried except PTW and GHK comes close (out of the box). The Mk2 Recoil hop unit is the best on the market bar none. 

But to help our friend, for cheap money, G&P, G&G and ICS have shot well out of the box. For me. You?

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Crashtest33 said:

Like shooting a sewing machine....

tbh airsoft is just tarted up pea shooters to me

OP - think I'm done, many have given you pointers or ideas

THERE IS NO PERFECT GUN

they all have their flaws or minor imperfections

YES - even the stfu ones and yes it is similar to your first car....

£100 gun is a scrape to get something pretty decent even at trade prices

So you will have to decide where & what you make do with according to your budget

56 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I did a fair bit of research too, but it really would shortcut a lot of this if you'd just skip to the end and go and play a game.  Many of my preconceptions didn't survive contact with the enemy, or past lunchtime.

You've got a sniper and an AEP, you're good to go.  I honestly don't see what's stopping you since now you're talking about buying another gun when you haven't played yet with the ones that you've got.

If you're mostly interested in collecting, that's absolutely fine, I'd have mine on the wall except I can't afford a divorce lawyer.  But you're asking which gun is best for playing without having much context for assessing the answers.

For example, the weight of the R85A1 has come up repeatedly, and you've pooh-poohed it, but on what basis?

If you run a hire AEG for a day and find out what you like and don't like about it, then you can make an informed decision relative to that.  Or just turn up with your sniper and see if someone with an AEG wants to swap for a while, folk are always looking to try out different things.

I think everyone is abit of a collector really. 

Weight isnt an issue i was shooting the real one at 12yo with the cadets.

I cant afford 50 quid a pop thts the whole point me buying guns in forst place.

The site closest to me is cqb and its being sold im told so i want to go n shoot it up while its still running.

There is another site with the higher fps limits n my sniper is too hot for the local site n ill probly get owned pretty quick with just my aep.

So might aswell buy an aeg so i got a backup n can play at this site and other cqb sites when my bikes finally done.

Im planning to do this as much as i can and want to do milsims and alsorts.

But i dont wanna do it with a gun i dont like if that makes sense.

If i bought a gun i dont really like i feel it will ruin the experience for me.

As for the car references you dont buy a merc just cz its good u buy a merc cz you like it. Same with these kids buying fiestas and modding them they do it cz they like it.

I wouldnt mind an lmg but at 300 no thx ive thought about modding a ak into an rpk but i dont really like them either lol

I know im fussy i just wanna enjoy doing this.

I did look at the jg g3 but if its anything like the mp5s they do it probly aint gna last long like most guns in my budget they all pretty much need work to be good and its finding one im willing to put the effort into

You guys are turning me off the r85

And all the others big time lol

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, Crashtest33 said:

But no recoil effect!! 

Recoil is a bit a of strong word more like a wobble.

The only reason TM used the word recoil is because TM Next Gen Bunny Fart doesn't have the same ring.

I don't want recoil because its detrimental to what I want to achieve but if I did it would be a GHK Aug A3 because only gas comes slightly close to real feed back.

The JG G36 is one of the goto guns for sites that hire, simply because it is tougher than a tough thing's tough bits. Forget your preconceptions about plastic guns. If a production gun is designed to use a polymer receiver, the plastics used on our toy guns are not far behind.

G3s are another kettle of fish though. The real one is steel. The TM and  the JG are pretty tough, but they squeak really badly! To the point it's impossible to sneak up on someone.

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

Tarted up M4 with just extra plastic on top

JG did one also- the JG STAR Dragon....

Image result for jg star m4

just extra tarted up M4 pea shooters

wtf - get the Alien Pulse rifle if you win on a scratch card...

https://www.airsoftworld.net/aliens-pulse-rifle-m41a.html

4 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

Tarted up M4 with just extra plastic on top

JG did one also- the JG STAR Dragon....

Image result for jg star m4

just extra tarted up M4 pea shooters

That's the point. They're all pretty much the same inside, so let's not get hung up on the clothes they wear. ;)

Although that is a face only a mother could love. Looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every bloody branch on the way down before landing on its face in a pile of broken glass...

• Supporters
Just now, Hangtight said:

That's the point. They're all pretty much the same inside, so let's not get hung up on the clothes they wear. ;)

But when people saying this $hit just got real.....

ergh no it didn't, just some players got a bit over excited

we are still just big kids running around playing peew peew

• Supporters

I would be pretty damn pi$$ed if I had a super duper HPA and got owned by a plank of wood, duct tape sniper like above - but clever funny stuff

then there is the Aussie backyard technician bloke who made a sniper years ago with a bike pump and some tube on a block of wood trigger sear nailed on shooting the crap out of objects in his garden

can't find the vid but had to hand it to him with his determination to shoot stuff even though it was banned down under

Seen that before, and after my previous comment I'm seriously considering going to my next skirmish with one of my guns done up as a banana...

20 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

Yeah, but my pew pew is betterer than your pew pew, so there!

:D

That’s the spirit!! :P

3 hours ago, Crashtest33 said:

Or just want the best AEG ;)

and don’t start suggesting other brands are better. It’s boring. :P

I’ve had a recoil shock, and I used to be a TM fan boy!

Now I’ve seen the light and have realised that most guns are just as good!

Like Trigger said it’s just a placebo effect, “I’ve spend £450 on the Gun and about £150 on mid caps so it must be far superior” :lol:

personally I don’t think my scar was all that.

6 hours ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

Why not give me a list of guns around 100 that arent shite to you lot.

But plz no ar platforms

Im sure this has been answered both in this thread, numerous time on this forum and I swear there is even a sticky about first gun choices.

Basically there isnt one!!

A combat machine is the goto choice for a budget first gun. Yeah its bland, no frills but it at least keeps up with the rentals on skirmishes and with a few little tweaks is a half decent gun for cqb and pretty useful for urban sites. It also takes lipos and most mags and has rails meaning a whole host of external parts to bejazzle the crap out of it.

But please read the forum. You say you have done a lot of research but most if not all of your questions have been answered both in this thread and on the forum elsewhere. and you dont seem to be taking in what others are saying, almost everyone who has tried to give you advice is a more experienced player than both you and me, but you seem to discount their wisdom, im not saying they are individually all right, but they cant ALL be wrong ;) 

Rentals (depending on the site) are not all bad, yeah its money you can use for a gun but you do get to try new guns and actually work out if you like to play the game first.

Cheap guns are a bad idea, you will be out ranged, out gunned, out spammed and fed up by lunchtime and if they pack up, out of pocket with nothing else to use.

I take it you dont play with anyone you know who can lend you a gun? I was lucky my brother had spare guns so I didnt rent and used his until I had the money to get my own, this allowed me to save a little more and get a raider. I have since upgraded as I was out ranged often and wanted something better and understood the game and technicals more.

6 hours ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

Why are the army r85s so bad to you guys?

Heavy and cheap. 

you say you had the real thing as a cadet, but did you run around the woods with one for 8 hours? 

Trust me the more you play the lighter your gear will get.

Most people start out with a gun, jeans and mags stuffed in their hoody - to - Plate carrier with half a dozen pouches, gun and combat gear - to - Plate carrier, battle belt, more than a dozen pouches, gun, side arm and back up gun, backpack and combat gear - to - hoody, jeans, gun and simple rig or battle belt.

Also as mentioned its not comparable to more expensive guns which will limit how much fun you have, we play a game which we are supposed to enjoy. If your gun is sub-par and not up to the job, as in range/accuracy and firepower then you will be fed up by lunchtime. Saving a little more will get you a better gun.

My fave quote in this thread is - "airsoft doesnt have to be an expensive hobby, but its not a cheap one" keep this in mind! There are LOTS of money saving tips on here.

I did weekend cadres and 2 week camps  once a year with them from 11yo to 16yo. Really enjoyed it.

I can understand wjat u guys are saying and i have listend to whats been said by everyone.

I can see ur points i should get a poxy m4 but i just h8 the look and the ridiculous amount of rails for all this tacticool boolox

I dont bother with plate carriers kneepads n all tht jazz. I have a dutch assault vest with minimal pouches and a basic dpm bdu. Im gna invest in a poncho at some point too for when the rain starts during the winter.

I huess its nostalgia pushing me towards that r85. I keep looking at all the others n considering them but none of them catch my eye n make me think fk yh.

Maybe a basic m16 would be alright but theyre more expensive than the thousand rail m4s bizarely

I dont wanna get an ak ive already decided on that cz ill have to buy more pouches or an mp5 as thats same problem.

realistically im pretty much gna hv to go wv a cyma or jg but which one is worth the trouble? 

Archived