Noob's rocking up alone....muggy or not...thoughts

Gazmeister
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Local pew-pew shop, but I've not got through that many, I'm tight "measured".  What to get is likely to be covered in dozens of threads here, I'd just say go at least 0.25g.  I went for Draft Club 0.25g last buy just to see how they worked as I'd not heard of the brand, but I'm also running ASG Blaster 0.2g in my pistol and shotgun which are pretty cheap.  No complaints about either brand.

No point getting 0.25 or above if the rental gun hop up is set for 0.2. 

Ring the site and ask what weight bbs they use for rental packages and buy the same.

1 hour ago, Gazmeister said:

gotcha, will give the .25's a go then...... and don't worry, nothing wrong with being 'Measured' at all ;) so long as it isn't your round that is haha

I don't know of any site that will allow you to use your own BB's in their hire guns,as with paintball it's the ammo that makes up their money.Also i don't know of any site that hires with .25's,--->use .2's..sneak them in..:D

• Supporters

Huh, it hadn't even occurred to me that it would be a problem to use your own (decent brand) BBs in a hire gun.  And the first thing I did with my hire AK was the adjust the hop-up, it's not rocket surgery.  Second was to throw a sling on it, cable tied around the stock as it lacked any mounting points.  Boy Scout me, always be prepared. ;)

You might get by on 500, but it's somewhat parsimonious.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

You might get by on 500, but it's somewhat parsimonious.

image.jpg

On 30/10/2017 at 3:54 PM, Gazmeister said:

Hi everyone,

Have been looking into airsoft for some time now and really want to have a go as I think I would love it (based in Kent - south east)....... only issue is none of my pals are interested in the slightest every time I try to talk them into coming... (boring T*&&^%$) - anyway, is it frowned upon to turn up alone or will that look a little 'axe murderer' like... are there many people here who have done the same.... or do I simply have to Drag my pals kicking n screaming so's not to look strange (like going bowling by yourself....or even Cinema.... im sure there's more but is airsoft one of them??)...

Cheers

Where about it the Kent?  Might be a or to give the heads up on decent sites 

So, first airsoft taster at twa was really good and lived up to expectations. Am 100% hooked and am in process of getting te bits and bobs I need. As people here said there was a load of decent fellas there who were happy to chat about their setups etc and offer advice where needed. In fact one of the experienced fellas has been effing brilliant and has really gone the extra mile to help me get started down the right path by sending me links and info on various equipment etc that I need and what in his experiance is best avoided. Deff made the right choice for my new hobby and can see myself getting out there on more skirmishing weekends then planned! (Missus will be so happy about that....:mellow:)

twa is is perfect for me....on the doorstep and the marshals running it were good. Will deffo look at other site (who knows maybe a milsim.) but for now this place ticks the boxes.

cheers to the peeps who replied to my thread. Hope to meet at a skirmish one day....(so long as your not lighting me up!)

gaz

Most of the time you will find yourself on your own with others in a skirmish, happened to me when I went with my friends.

Went with my brother and a friend for the first time a couple of months ago at Tactical Warefare in Croydon. Really nice people that run it, and people that play help where they can. Going for the fourth time this month, and applying for my UKARA after.

10 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

@Gazmeister what is the site like? 

Its fairly easy for me to get too and I love trying new places.

it was good mate - really enjoyed it.  (please keep in mind was first time so no other places to benchmark against.)

Had a nice safe zone area where there was lots of cover/bench space etc including a caravan where you could by ammo etc and also food/drink (burgers n chips served at midday).  its also where you sign in and the head marshal looks after the hires.  parking was a bit of a mare in the rain as it was really muddy and had churned up by the end of the day... don't think I would have made it up the hill in my little old banger if I rocked up for the afternoon session!! made it out in the end though.  there was a whole field to park in tho which is good.

there was a lot of players on Sat which was great..... didn't count but the line of lads at the start it was impressive and certainly kept the day lively! especially in the cqb bit in the village... there were a few fortified positions in the woods at various locations spread out including a large gorge that was really challenging and fun to try and dislodge the other team from.

the marshals were friendly and chatty if you happened to be standing around with them for a smoke. in game they were on anyone using unnecessary language or getting a little too aggressive and I heard them park a some lads up on a couple of occasions for these things..... after that they didn't do it again. one of the Marshals (Dean) was a really decent fella and also runs their shop based elsewhere in Croydon.

overall good but tbh when I have some more experience I will deff be looking to try other sites to keep it interesting as twa isn't a massive site by any means but its literally on the doorstep so had to moan.... decent pub (white Bear) along the road too....;) 

tip, deff go by car as its in the middle of nowhere so far as transport links are concerned and I heard a few lads saying they walked for miles....

going back on the 2nd Dec....looking forward to it!!

Nice one @Gazmeister will look to trying it out, but will be in the spring. Want to try out The School before xmas and will keep to The mall (prefer indoors in the winter as im a wuss :P ) will certainly try it out though.Cheers

1 minute ago, Albiscuit said:

Nice one @Gazmeister will look to trying it out, but will be in the spring. Want to try out The School before xmas and will keep to The mall (prefer indoors in the winter as im a wuss :P ) will certainly try it out though.Cheers

don't blame you fella... was brass monkeys this morning!!!! indoors aint a bad shout haha

Not just that, the muddy car park sounds like a nightmare. Had the motor stuck somewhere before and fed up of mud everywhere ;)

38 minutes ago, TheKempyy said:

Nice to hear you had a great time @Gazmeister . You will bite the Airsoft bug in no time.

Did you go to Tactical warfare in Croydon? Might have met you there.

thanks mate, and yes you are correct, I now have unhealthy obsession with getting all the airsoft gear! one of the lads from twa on Sat is helping me get togged up! quite expensive when you add it all up :blink: 

If you was at twa Croydon Sat, I was the one in the 'cowboy hat'....

Going on the 2nd Dec (as is other Lad) if you are about?

Cheers

Gaz

Ah yes, Rick Grimes! I think we were chatting during the lunch break (Complaining about how we will get our cars out). I was with my friend Aaron Saturday, both had the faded blue pistols and rentals. We are going again for half a day in two weeks; but more than likely see you again on the 2nd December. (Signed up to this website as that Roberts guy who was on our team recommended this forum)

Hope you didn't have the struggle we did attempting to drive down the hill.

3 hours ago, TheKempyy said:

Ah yes, Rick Grimes! I think we were chatting during the lunch break (Complaining about how we will get our cars out). I was with my friend Aaron Saturday, both had the faded blue pistols and rentals. We are going again for half a day in two weeks; but more than likely see you again on the 2nd December. (Signed up to this website as that Roberts guy who was on our team recommended this forum)

Hope you didn't have the struggle we did attempting to drive down the hill.

haha Rick Grimes! like it.... Normally get Crocodile Dundee!! in process of getting new lid although quite like standing out in that hat (even if its only cause I look muggy)!!

yeah remember you and Aaron, good lads. mate getting out was AGGY! I got up enough speed along the straight track but as I got to the bit at the end where you turn right down the hill I got bogged down and nearly burned mi clutch out!! haha went direct down the steeper hill in the end across the long grass which actually must have got some of the mud off!!

good to see you on here mate.  it is actually Mr Roberts who is helping be get togged up as it goes...

hope to see you there on the 2nd. may try to get up for half day (afternoon) in 2 weeks.... have to square with the boss tho :rolleyes:

take care

Gaz

17 minutes ago, Gazmeister said:

haha Rick Grimes! like it.... Normally get Crocodile Dundee!! in process of getting new lid although quite like standing out in that hat (even if its only cause I look muggy)!!

yeah remember you and Aaron, good lads. mate getting out was AGGY! I got up enough speed along the straight track but as I got to the bit at the end where you turn right down the hill I got bogged down and nearly burned mi clutch out!! haha went direct down the steeper hill in the end across the long grass which actually must have got some of the mud off!!

good to see you on here mate.  it is actually Mr Roberts who is helping be get togged up as it goes...

hope to see you there on the 2nd. may try to get up for half day (afternoon) in 2 weeks.... have to square with the boss tho :rolleyes:

take care

Gaz

Yeah we had a nightmare too trying to get out. Suppose it's our fault starting airsoft in the winter!

Ah good to hear, Mr Roberts seems like a good guy (Just remember that last game he was walking out in the open with his Shotgun, looked great!), great gear too. Hopefully see you in two weeks, if not catch you on the 2nd.

3 minutes ago, TheKempyy said:

Yeah we had a nightmare too trying to get out. Suppose it's our fault starting airsoft in the winter!

Ah good to hear, Mr Roberts seems like a good guy (Just remember that last game he was walking out in the open with his Shotgun, looked great!), great gear too. Hopefully see you in two weeks, if not catch you on the 2nd.

yeah that was a decent shottie... CYMA CM355M trying to get one myself...

Might have to give TWA a go sometime in the new year (got ukara now so wont have skirmish cash ill be spending it on stuff!!) it sounds pretty good, Its only 20 miles from me which isn't much more than ace combat so shouldn't be a bad run on a sat morning i hope (BUT IT IS ALONG THE M20/25 then a21 :( )   Ive got a site pretty much 5-10 mins away from my house that i haven't played yet too, so many sites so little time! and ive only played on one and just three times so far to get ukara.

This sport/hobby is highly addictive i must say :D walking through woods and seeing a trip wire rigged up keeps you on your toes and the massive pyros used this weekend to simulate airstrikes etc makes it an experience

https://www.facebook.com/AcecombatA/ videos/1743565335675639/   (our starting day charge, had to split the link because it came up as massive)

Archived