Opinions on TM MP7 GBB

GothicGhost
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

I've been using a glock 17 with a carbine kit as my main weapon, but now I'm after a proper gas smg/rifle.

Looking at the TM mp7 I would like to ask what are the main problems with that gun or anything a new buyer should know about?

And if anyone knows good place to buy the Tan version from that's not overpriced?

Thank you.

I’m looking for one currently but they never turn up in the classifieds here.  I’ve heard of the bodies cracking at the rear pin if used on green gas over a long period and a dead trigger when the bolt doesn’t go into battery. 

That gas should be fine. I’ve found that to be slightly weaker than nuprol 2.0

• Supporters

I had one that I ran on every gas going, abbey 144A all the way to guarder power up. Took all of it no problem and it's still going as far as I know.  

Only problem i encountered was the dead trigger with the bolt not coming back fully into battery. Fixed it really easily with a 120% recoil spring.

If I could justify owning more than one gun I would definitely get another TM MP7. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

My TM MP7 is a few years old, and has survived both UK and USA use no problem, even in high 30* weather on standard gas. I had to replace the stock one when a kid tripped over it and snapped it, and I need to get a new bolt spring because mine is really weak. But it doesnt ever misfire or anything. I keep it as a sniper backup on MilSims.

Archived