Side arm thoughts

CanErdogan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I have been looking for a side arm for a while (I've never had one yet) and what I came across is the options and budget is so unbalanced. 

You just cannot decide what to get when it comes to pistol.

I thought getting a KJW because of metal frame but then everyone says "get TM no matter what, reliability-accuracy etc is undeniably better than everything else", then I pulled my eye around looking for a TM even though plastic feel (again, I might be completely wrong, never tried any pistol before)

My favourite real-steel pistol is Beretta so I started looking for one and found TM M92F which looks great. ( pistol mags are super expensive btw, £26 min for each, seriously? )

Is there any users of this fella and what are their thoughts? If I decide on that model, it will be at least £150 investment on pistol + 2 mags btw

Also please feel free to suggest any other GBB pistol you fancied except 1911 (I just cannot like how that thing looks, sorry Hi-Capa fans)

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=1891 - this is the link to the pistol I am talking for lazy Googlers

• Supporters

TM are great generally, m9, which I've owned, not so much, in fact I gave mine away to a stranger, which kinda speaks for itself.

regarding prices etc, consider a s/h gat, you'll often pick up a proven pistol with 2 or 3 mags & a holster for the price of a shop bought new one.

most brands, kjw/ksc/TM obviously, are fine, only brand I've not been impressed with is WE, but to be fair I've not touched any of theirs for at least 3 years, so maybe they've improved ?.

I’ve had loads of glocks, at least a dozen, TM are definitely the best, but modern WE’s are fine if you want a metal slide.

Ive also owned a WE Hi-Capa, which was rubbish, and a TM Hi-Capa, which was the best pistol I’ve owned. I gave that to my 81 year old father (he’s a great shot, loves coming down the range with me).

I currently have a Guarder framed and sprung TM G17, which is lovely, and TM original framed G17 which is nice.

My partner has a WE WET G17, as does my 13 year old daughter, both of which at excellent.

I recently sold a nice WE34, with two mags and a holster, for £70, as @P13 how good it is :)

rdb

I have a TM MK 23 (big but great gun) and a nice looking KWC 1911 railgun. They both take it in turns sitting neglected in my holster all day whilst I run with a rifle.

Side arms look cool but unless your mad into them, save your cash and buy a couple of BFGs instead. ;-)

CBH

Hello, I've got a good few guns, including the TM U.S M9 which in my opinion is the best M9 / 92 TM have ever made, it performs quite well,  but can't compare or compete with my TM gold match in any aspect, the gold match is by far the best performing airsoft pistol I have or have ever had, including full custom builds. It out performs a lot of rifles to be honest too. 

ATB Marc 

• Supporters

@CanErdogan 

TL:DR - You're gonna be dead set on getting an M9 as i'm sure you have already looked about, you're asking because you want confirmation on what you have already decided on, i will say this, GET THE TM M92FS. You wont be disappointed, yes TMs can run on Green gas, it will probably outlast your airsofting career.

My TM 92FS full story below
My first airsoft GBB pistol was a WE M9 Samurai Edge, i had the mags and a real Blackhawk holster, problem was the gun was S**T, too many cool downs using green gas and when using CO2 i couldn't hit the side of a barn door as the shots were so widely off not to mention the fixed hop on it it could barely lift .20g BBs, i eventually gave it away to a friend who since fixed it up but only as a display piece.

I was planning on getting another M9 as i had the costly Blackhawk Holster already, i liked the control placements and the M9 was a great handling gun for me, looked around and saw the KSC M9, i liked KSC i owned two of their M93Rs which never had leaky mags and were very good crispy shots, only issue was they didn't like US and EU spec BBs so much, preferred Japanese Spec BBs which are a tad smaller, not only that the KSC M9 was vastly more expensive than any other M9 make or brand. Wasn't after a TM as it was plastic crap surely!

I visited Airsoft Zone later for other bits and bobs and got talking to their tech John, he mentioned that if you want an M9 as a show piece, get the KSC M9, if you want one for skirmishing, get the TM M9, so after some due deliberation i walked out with a TM M92FS and 3 mags for it deciding to give the plastic pop gun a try.

Got home and some first observations were that this plastic looks really good, its light without mag but once the mag is in yes its heavier, very quickly your forget its light, soon after you forget its made from plastic, the slide movement is very smooth and the kick back is very crisp, not sluggish like I saw in the WE M9 i had. Tested it at home with green gas using .20g BBs in an XCoretech X3200, first shot was 300FPS, last shot was 260FPS, from first to last shot the kick back felt pretty good and crisp, must say not bad at all. Didn't have a big enough garden so didn't know the range.

Took it for my first skirmish, did some test shots and WOW the range on this thing blew my mind! .25g BBs with the correctly dialled hop were disappearing in the distance straight as a laser, its performance was almost unmatched against other stock pistols, it could out range the rental guns and dare i say it most stock AEGs. I have used it quite a few times since then, i have landed on it, rolled, crawled in mud with it, used it in the cold, the humid and warm (we don't have hot in the UK, lol) and it still shoots to this day as accurately as ever, where i place the sights, the BB will hit, the TM MAGIC is REAL!

To the present, i still have my venerable TM M92FS, it fits my Blackhawk SERPA Holster perfectly, no modding it just slides right in, internally all parts are stock the day it left TM in Japan, its bruised and battered from use but still shoots accurately straight. The changes i have made to it are:
Slide has been replaced with a new one only because i tried to mod the sights free hand drilling holes (badly) to install Beta rods for glow in the dark sights and ruined the sights, old slide was still perfectly functional.

Installed Hogue Grips (see pictures) but the profile was just off so went back to the stock hand grips.

The only big major change i did was tap the mags with HPA valves to run the pistol off HPA for a perfect shot to shot consistency so from first to last shot you get the same FPS, i cant remember the PSI i use but .20g BBs clock in at about 300FPS and .25g BBs (what i use) clock in at about 285FPS. Currently im using the Mancraft Pistol Lanyard as the Valve is a lot smaller and the line is coiled so it looks like a proper lanyard.

Now i'm no TM Fanboi but i also own a TM GLOCK 34 SAI which whilst a lovely gun i still use my TM M92FS more in woodland games with the GLOCK reserved for indoor CQB. But coming from two TM pistols does have one major drawback! I recently bought the Armourer Works DS2011 SAI 5.1 Pistol, essentially a Hi Capa tarted up with SAI trades, i bought this to replace my TM M92FS as the SAI trades and colours would compliment my SAI M4. Took the AW DS2011 to my first game last month, thing was inaccurate as hell, my friend reckons that because i was so used to TMs shooting like lasers i wouldn't be able to shoot anything else without the same accuracy, so all in all the AW DS2011 was swapped out back to the TM M92FS.

Where will i go from here, well i'll keep using this gun till it royally breaks which might be a while, maybe i got lucky and picked up that Airsoft unicorn, if i was to be in the market for another pistol it will probably be another TM M9, maybe the Tac Master or one of those Samurai Edges or if i have the dollar the Albert Wesker M9 (Drool) 

My TM M92FS - With Hogue grips but the stock grips are currently on it now.

gnMvcRR.jpg

3JVoiJS.jpg

All I needed was that, 1 person who had good experiences to convince me because I love how that thing looks !

Well, I am back on to TM M92F !! 

Thank you @Shizbazki , appreciated mate !

just found it on wolf armories but the mags man - ohh the mags!! 30quid each ffs :/

I have one, must have clocked up more kills with that thing in CQB than a rifle easily!!..

Shoots great, not too heavy, plastic vs metal doesnt bother me. I prefer lighter guns. If I have to lug them around I want it to be easy for me. Never had an issue with the thing other than leaky mags but that seems to be sorted now. Plus it looks great!

I love using pistols. I have now got a TM MK23 and am totally in love with it, but I do keep stroking my M92F and will be taking it to the mall on Saturday eve with me :) 

Archived