Battle: LA

Cyrax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Saw this yesterday, definitely worth a watch. Quite similar to Black Hawk Down, if you have seen it you will notice some similarities too.

I liked the gear the US Marines were wearing, when ive had enough of my DPM thats what im going for.

Oh, be prepared for the normal american soldier hoo-haa, but get past that and its actually pretty good. Some amazing cinematic scenes supported by a brilliant soundtrack.

Go see!

Saw it and did not like that much.

The movie was directed incredibly poorly and was comprised of all shaky shots. There was not a single still shot in the entire movie. I can't stand the new filming style where the director feels that they have to move the camera around, shaking it so violently that everything is a blur. This is what mainly turned me off from the film.

The graphics were pretty decent.

The plot was generic and predictable.

The acting was good by the lead but a lot of the supporting cast had sub-par acting.

They were rolling some serious gear in this movie and I do appreciate the real gear (Eagle industries, Trijicon) but I kind of feel I was watching a recruitment video for the Marine corps.

Lastly, Am I the only one thats sick of the same anthropomorphic aliens with two arms and two legs attacking earth?

I give it a 4/10

• Supporters
similar to Black Hawk Down
plot was generic and predictable
recruitment video for the Marine corps

Bingo :P

personally i think it was a good film all in all though

just depends on what you expect from things

Atleast it was better than skyline...

They were rolling some serious gear in this movie and I do appreciate the real gear (Eagle industries, Trijicon) but I kind of feel I was watching a recruitment video for the Marine corps.

I give it a 4/10

Bingo. I'll be honest, one reason I've stopped watching any films that aren't historical (like BHD) is because I'm sick and tired of http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main...edByThePentagon in all films.

The reason that the Transformers films are so crap in my mind (aside from the obsession with those annoying fleshy earthlings not the robots) was all the "America! --- YEAH! USMC!" stuff. I don't want to see the USMC fight Megatron. I want to see Optimus fight Megatron! And...you get the idea.

Its all the same with modern sci-fi alien films, humanoid (ish) aliens fighting the USMC. Its dull and bland.

That said - I thought this film was ok. Better than some of the generic sci-fi trash Hollywoodland is pumping out...but by no means great. Its a good film to go and watch if you just want to switch your brain off and think "oooh, pretty explosions...."

The movie was directed incredibly poorly and was comprised of all shaky shots. There was not a single still shot in the entire movie. I can't stand the new filming style where the director feels that they have to move the camera around, shaking it so violently that everything is a blur. This is what mainly turned me off from the film.

I do agree the super shakey-ness was a bit annoying, as in some sequences working out what the hell was going on was quite hard, and yes it was predictable but i still enjoyed it, and i will be getting this badboy on DVD - it will live next to Tears of the Sun and BHD for those days where i want to watch war.

Oh and Hubert, i agree about Transformers, but at least there is a movie i suppose.

Thanks for sorting out the title!

Archived