M_P

Gun picture thread

4474 posts in this topic

External wise ~ absolutely gorgeous. 10/10. the only flaw i can think of is the bolt makes the most horrible noise when released, but the same thing happens with all of the scar aeg's excluding the marui recoil's.

Internals ~ i know 3 people with the same gun that have never had any problems with, they shoot and sound amazingly, sadly i have had never ending problems with mine after owning it for over a year, i guess i was unlucky and got a crap one out of the 999 good ones ._. My selector switch was as stiff as jimmy saviles dick in a nursery and cost me a small fortune just to fix that, i mostly play cqb so i am constantly playing on semi and for some reason my gun just completely locks up and i have to switch to full auto and back to get it to shoot again, and finally the trigger response is pants with anything below a 9.6v nimh battery or a 7.4v lipo. The gearbox and motor also make horrific noises when shooting lately, i think its telling me its upgrade time!

What was causing the stiff (fnarr) selector then? I just got a G&G SCAR-L for chrimbo and the selector is a little stiff on that.

I'm not too sure, I think it was the selector plate and selector gears inside, I'm beginning to give up. my gun is in desperate need of a service & upgrade.

I'm contemplating getting it fixed and swapping it for/selling it and buying a gbb smg/gbbr.

wrong time of year to be getting a GBBR, you'll get frustrated with the performance in the cold and won't get the magic that comes with a good GBB in nice weather.

The new love of my life, the ASG Sten MKII :)Click photos for larger version

th_DSC_0026_zps01ae08e5.jpg

If you look at Youtube reviews, they all have a plain box and single side of A4 manual, well not anymore apparently. The box even has the text of Winston Churchill's 'fight them on the beaches' speach

Stick battery fits in the stock (8.4v comes with it, room for at least a 9.6), a brick lipo would fit inside the body of the gun by removing the piece with the ironsight. The stock then bolts back on with a single allen bolt.

th_DSC_0023_zps6b9f7b08.jpgth_DSC_0031_zps6f4972fa.jpg

Magazine release is externally mounted on the mag well (push to release) There is also a catch visible on the left which allows the magwell to rotate vertical for easier transportation, this also gives access to the hop adjustment, which is done with an allen key through a hole in the top.

th_DSC_0020_zpse0f0dba0.jpg

Note the BSA markings, this is an official replica.

th_DSC_0021_zps3468c7c1.jpg

Also note the simplified controls, the fire selector switch has for ease of use been incorporated into the trigger. Safety mode is achieved by not pulling the trigger, full auto is obtained by pulling the trigger and semi auto would require reflexes of superhuman level to release the trigger fast enough. :D

Everything is steel, except the very tip of the barrel where theres a bit of plastic to keep the inner barrel in place.

DSC_0024_zps024c031b.jpg

Ian_Gere likes this

wrong time of year to be getting a GBBR, you'll get frustrated with the performance in the cold and won't get the magic that comes with a good GBB in nice weather.

I play cqb and the temperature is warm enough that I play in a tshirt and vest in wintertime so hopefully, if I was to get a gbbr/smg, that wouldn't be a problem.

I play cqb and the temperature is warm enough that I play in a tshirt and vest in wintertime so hopefully, if I was to get a gbbr/smg, that wouldn't be a problem.

Just because it's warm enough for you doesn't mean it'll be warm enough for the gun ;)

Most good stuff will still function but you won't get the most out of it till later in the year.

This is true, I'll keep the scar, get it serviced and shimmed, then upgrade the crap out of it until I've saved for a g5

You've done well with that Zak, wouldn't think it was a w700 with the scrim on.

Jaysus,they make spare parts for the W700? How'd you manage to fix it Zak?

Some shnaps of my VSR for a review. I really like the angle of the gun here,even though the rest of the photo staging looks shit.

2euR3ji.jpg

And This One I really like,the lighting came out well enough and it looks nice with the floorboards.

QaHsCJ7.jpg

oh, he does!!

Ok Ian my UKARA registration number if you wanna be picky lol

Don't even attempt to justify getting it wrong with "it doesn't matter", because it really really does! Alert!

At this time I CBA to explain in detail. I may come back to it another time, but be assured that we have done this to death: since there has been no logical argument withstanding scrutiny to counter the view that if people act as if something requires a licence, sooner or later it will. Hard to believe that even though the legality of dog licences had been overturned, people used to still buy them... seriously, dog licences.

Not dangerous dog licences; dog/wolf cross licences; petrol driven robot dog licences, no, people in the 70's carried on forking out for licences for average family pets, even though even a cursory understanding of how the law works would have told you it was unenforcible, nevermind that it must contravene some kind of right we were granted in the fucking Magna Carta or something, or that if it didn't it bloody ought to so it was high time to revisit the whole concept of rebellion for redress and starting off with a bit of civil disobedience would be right in order...

Yeah, ok, so i've gone off on one and been arsed far more than i imagined i was currently capable of, but the central tenet of my point here is unassailable: we are governed by consent. Everytime we voluntarily relinquish even the slightest teaspoonful of that power, as a community, ie consent to more control than already exists, it is the nature of power and those who seek it that somebody will grasp it and sooner or later piss people off with it.

TeddyBhoy likes this

oh, he does!!

Damn right!

Oldie, but I think it's a pretty cool pic:

x0uw.jpg

Dynatex BFG (original and best, right?)

Cold Steel Recon 1 Tanto, second edition

KWA P226 Professional Training Pistol, with some "real steel" torch

At this time I CBA to explain in detail. I may come back to it another time, but be assured that we have done this to death: since there has been no logical argument withstanding scrutiny to counter the view that if people act as if something requires a licence, sooner or later it will. Hard to believe that even though the legality of dog licences had been overturned, people used to still buy them... seriously, dog licences.

Not dangerous dog licences; dog/wolf cross licences; petrol driven robot dog licences, no, people in the 70's carried on forking out for licences for average family pets, even though even a cursory understanding of how the law works would have told you it was unenforcible, nevermind that it must contravene some kind of right we were granted in the f*cking Magna Carta or something, or that if it didn't it bloody ought to so it was high time to revisit the whole concept of rebellion for redress and starting off with a bit of civil disobedience would be right in order...

Yeah, ok, so i've gone off on one and been arsed far more than i imagined i was currently capable of, but the central tenet of my point here is unassailable: we are governed by consent. Everytime we voluntarily relinquish even the slightest teaspoonful of that power, as a community, ie consent to more control than already exists, it is the nature of power and those who seek it that somebody will grasp it and sooner or later piss people off with it.

Lol whatever.

Jaysus,they make spare parts for the W700? How'd you manage to fix it Zak?

Some shnaps of my VSR for a review. I really like the angle of the gun here,even though the rest of the photo staging looks sh*t.

Nice rifle UTJ, amazing to see how well it looks after the amount of war stories it's been in. What's the white type for? To hold the barrel on to the front of the stock?

Also, I managed to find a small nut which fit in the screw which held the bolt together. So I had to massacre it to get it into position where it wouldn't rotate or wobble out.So that has seemed to fix it (for now) but the rifle is still letting out a really weak fps of about 350, so I need to replace the spring. But it works and now I can snipey snipe someone in the face. :D

You've done well with that Zak, wouldn't think it was a w700 with the scrim on.

Love the scrim, it works really well at braking it up if you look at it from the front, perfect for lying in wait inbetween two holly bushes. Virtually unnoticeable! Me being beind it is a different story though :)

My new toy.... G&G LR300 Sport Rifle:

DSC_0107_zpstjoptqcp.JPG

Just missing my L85 Carbine from this pic now (it is off having a mosfet and r-hop fitted at the mo)

DSC_0106_zpsi689exx5.JPG

Monty likes this

My new toy.... G&G LR300 Sport Rifle:

DSC_0107_zpstjoptqcp.JPG

Just missing my L85 Carbine from this pic now (it is off having a mosfet and r-hop fitted at the mo)

DSC_0106_zpsi689exx5.JPG

That's a damn nice looking collection

looks like a peq box on the right rail

Nice rifle UTJ, amazing to see how well it looks after the amount of war stories it's been in. What's the white type for? To hold the barrel on to the front of the stock?

Also, I managed to find a small nut which fit in the screw which held the bolt together. So I had to massacre it to get it into position where it wouldn't rotate or wobble out.So that has seemed to fix it (for now) but the rifle is still letting out a really weak fps of about 350, so I need to replace the spring. But it works and now I can snipey snipe someone in the face. :D

Love the scrim, it works really well at braking it up if you look at it from the front, perfect for lying in wait inbetween two holly bushes. Virtually unnoticeable! Me being beind it is a different story though :)

Tape's to stop my stupid arse knocking the hop adjuster out of place while crawling. The screws and threads are in relatively good,shape especially for it's age.

Lol whatever.

be assured that we have done this to death: since there has been no logical argument withstanding scrutiny to counter the view that if people act as if something requires a licence, sooner or later it will.

...and it appears that remains the case.

I've got an M150-ish spring you can have for the price of postage, Zak.