ICS Galil which is gradually going more SADF R4

Galil2edit_zps7679cf70.jpg

A&K M249 PARA

M24941edit_zps71bf1ba6.jpg

TM P226

P226-edit1_zpsb660180f.jpg

Ian_Gere and SgtTalbert like this

Nickona, that Galil looks amazing.

To be frank Ed, I wouldn't use 6 full mags in day again. Even RA-tech parts are not indestructible ("we use steel" - yes, but there are countless types of steel, all with varying quality...). I'm not saying don't do it, but... you'll certainly see enhanced wear and tear if you do.

That said, assuming you get the kind of accuracy and range I do, you'll be lucky if you ever need more than 2, possibly 3 mags in a day, as once I know what range it's shooting (on that day) I can generally just point and click.

Do give it a chance though. Mine drove me nuts when I got it, but I'm glad I kept with it. The moment there's a place to post it on the forums, I'll be adding my review, from the perspective of 6 months use.

Airsoft-Ed likes this

Is it possible to swap out for an ICS aeg grip do you think?

How does it shoot so far though- hopefully something of a brighter note?

I don't think an ICS grip would go on, but I do still have my AEG handy to try. I've actually managed to fix the wobble though, I unscrewed the grip and removed it, then just put it back on... Same screw and everything. Sits fine now, can't understand what was wrong before.

I have to say I'm not particularly impressed with Milspec's "improvement" though. He just used a slightly larger self tapping screw that was a bit longer than the base one. Not very tidy or professional looking. It also confirms my worry that the grip is clearly held on by a screw that is screwed into a dense polymer, not a metal. So it almost certainly will cave in and break off at some point. On the plus side, all it'll take to fix will be a new pistol grip, which can't be that expensive, eh?

It shoots a lot better than I thought it would, if I'm honest. Seems to be rather consistent in the sense that it's managed to cycle full mags for all 10 or so that I've tried, but it doesn't like it if you get spammy or use full auto. The accuracy is also a little sketchy once you pass the 30m mark and there's also a rather prominent "issue" whereby the barrel and the receiver don't line up. The barrel sits slightly off to the right, whereas the sights obviously align with the receiver.

With iron sights you don't notice it so much because you can set them in line with the barrel by the nature of there being two points to the sight instead of one, but with an ACOG or a red dot, you have to set it to a certain distance, then every range beyond that it'll be shooting left, and every range before it'll be shooting right.

It's a bit of a pisser and I don't think there's anything that can be done about it. It'll make one shot hits at any range other than what it's zero'd for a lot harder than they ought to be, but then, I have so little ammo to spend in game that I'll probably end up altering my play style to ensure I'm close enough to ensure a hit anyway, so I don't think it ought to matter in the grand scheme of things.

My guess is that since it was shipped in a cardboard box which it was cable tied into, with no padding to stop it from moving around, it might've had something heavy put on it, which sort of bent the whole gun. Except instead of it literally bending, it just put the barrel and receiver out of alignment.

With the ranges it's accurate to, I don't think it matters particularly, even if it were straight the fact that it's gas would make it inaccurate at range anyway and it's hard to tell without very thorough examination that there's anything out of kilter.

The range is ridiculous though, and even though it's apparently set for 340fps I'm having trouble tracking even .28s, which you'd have thought would be going pretty damn slow if it's doing 340 on .20s. Obviously I've not chrono'd it myself yet, so I guess there's a chance the NPAS might've somehow adjusted itself, but I'll be rather annoyed if it has, 'cos if it's not going to stay set, what's the point? I've barely had 300 rounds through it so far.

Despite being told by a fair few people that the CO2 mags aren't worth it and don't perform as you'd expect, I feel very tempted to buy one and see for myself for the hell of it.

I'm not impressed, Ed. Especially when I think of your ICS L85. Having said that, maybe you need to spend that much on this too :(

There's not a lot else I can do to this though, I think swapping the nozzle to an aluminium one is just about the only improvement left that I can do, and I don't think that'll change anything other than upping the longevity of the nozzle, so until the plastic one breaks I'm just going to leave it as it is.

I do think that it's massively over priced though, £500 for the RA Tech one that I have, the standard is about £320ish, same as the ICS.

But the AEGs all feel a lot more solid.

The WE to me has a very "hollow" feel to it, and that's in both senses; as it is almost literally completely hollow, but there also feels to be less gun for your money. The fact that the way gas rifles work seems to be so ludicrously simple just seems to make the price absurd. For the money I paid I'd expect everything to work as it should, the fact that there are non functional control surfaces is ridiculous, especially when they work on the AEGs.

Firing it is satisfying though, but I don't think it makes up for the other drawbacks.

I'll have to see how I get on with it.

One other thing Ed, watch the body pins like a hawk.

They have a habit of sliding out if you fire too quickly/too often. I've managed to keep mine, but I know a few other owners who have managed to lose one or both of the pins.

Here's my current armoury...

ICS Galil which is gradually going more SADF R4

Galil2edit_zps7679cf70.jpg

Love that looks very good.

Quick question, where did you get your 'Go Bag' from and what kind of things can you fit in there?

Nickona, that Galil looks amazing.

Love that looks very good.

Quick question, where did you get your 'Go Bag' from and what kind of things can you fit in there?

Thanks a lot guys.

Thats not a Go Bag, its the SADF M83 chest rig. It hold 6x mags ranging from M4 to AK, smoke grenades, radio, frag grenade and maps. I'm actually putting together a review of it soonish

SgtTalbert and Ian_Gere like this

Ah even better - look forward to the review

I love your African loadout, Nick. It's the kind of thing you can really have some fun with and still be authentic *dreams of his SLR working* :lol: even that fucking Begadi Hawaiian shirt camo with sufficient red dirt ground in...

Thanks. I love it as well! and thats the bit thats so good as well theres so much choice about what to do and its still perfectly correct! I've recently been putting together a Force recon loadout and a SEAL loadout and as soon the USMC thread guys found out I was planning on using the CB MBSS for both.. well they basically shat themselves!

Ian_Gere likes this

Classic army B&T MP5 sportline with torch hand grip and Acog style red dot.

HFC H&K Mk23 Socom

DSC_0014_zpsf45c8603.jpg

Note the size of my little pistol, there is an inner barrel extension through the silencer so out of the 2 guns, the MP5 has the shorter inner barrel.

djmh.jpg

Current armoury, the attachments on the scar get moved around depending on what gun i use ^-^

After many months of waiting (I preordered this thing in September!) my Guns Modify Salient Arms slide arrived this morning.

Needless to say, no work was done today.

_MG_6936.jpg

_MG_6939.jpg

the slide came bundled with a half decent replica of a Trijicon RM06 but I already had a real RM01 that I'd picked up for this project, thankfully it was a 100% drop in fit!

_MG_6938.jpg

Nice crisp dot, seems to auto adjust it's brightness pretty well too, though it's not instant which is strange

_MG_6941.jpg

Bunny Workshop must've screwed up too, because they sent me the tritium night sights which I hadn't ordered, glad they did though because they look great

_MG_6946.jpg

Got a guarder frame on the way as the front screw on the Marui frame was cracked a bit and is held together with araldite and good intentions at the moment.

You know my opinion of Glocks, James, but I have to say that I wouldn't be ashamed to holster yours... even though it would be more like awkwardly holding a musical instrument than a pistol in my fist.

After many months of waiting (I preordered this thing in September!) my Guns Modify Salient Arms slide arrived this morning.

Needless to say, no work was done today.

_MG_6936.jpg

_MG_6939.jpg

the slide came bundled with a half decent replica of a Trijicon RM06 but I already had a real RM01 that I'd picked up for this project, thankfully it was a 100% drop in fit!

_MG_6938.jpg

Nice crisp dot, seems to auto adjust it's brightness pretty well too, though it's not instant which is strange

_MG_6941.jpg

Bunny Workshop must've screwed up too, because they sent me the tritium night sights which I hadn't ordered, glad they did though because they look great

_MG_6946.jpg

Got a guarder frame on the way as the front screw on the Marui frame was cracked a bit and is held together with araldite and good intentions at the moment.

Please bring that to Copenhill in May. It would be a pleasure to be shot by that fine piece.

If you hadn't guessed, I think that's gorgeous

djmh.jpg

Current armoury, the attachments on the scar get moved around depending on what gun i use ^-^

I'm liking the Scar. Whats your opinion of the G&G Scar?

Please bring that to Copenhill in May. It would be a pleasure to be shot by that fine piece.

If you hadn't guessed, I think that's gorgeous

oh don't worry, it's coming.

I don't think I'll ever buy another pistol.

(unless I do a MARSOC impression and then I'll pick up a WE G19 on the cheap)

SgtTalbert likes this

I'm liking the Scar. Whats your opinion of the G&G Scar?

External wise ~ absolutely gorgeous. 10/10. the only flaw i can think of is the bolt makes the most horrible noise when released, but the same thing happens with all of the scar aeg's excluding the marui recoil's.

Internals ~ i know 3 people with the same gun that have never had any problems with, they shoot and sound amazingly, sadly i have had never ending problems with mine after owning it for over a year, i guess i was unlucky and got a crap one out of the 999 good ones ._. My selector switch was as stiff as jimmy saviles dick in a nursery and cost me a small fortune just to fix that, i mostly play cqb so i am constantly playing on semi and for some reason my gun just completely locks up and i have to switch to full auto and back to get it to shoot again, and finally the trigger response is pants with anything below a 9.6v nimh battery or a 7.4v lipo. The gearbox and motor also make horrific noises when shooting lately, i think its telling me its upgrade time!

External wise ~ absolutely gorgeous. 10/10. the only flaw i can think of is the bolt makes the most horrible noise when released, but the same thing happens with all of the scar aeg's excluding the marui recoil's.

Internals ~ i know 3 people with the same gun that have never had any problems with, they shoot and sound amazingly, sadly i have had never ending problems with mine after owning it for over a year, i guess i was unlucky and got a crap one out of the 999 good ones ._. My selector switch was as stiff as jimmy saviles dick in a nursery and cost me a small fortune just to fix that, i mostly play cqb so i am constantly playing on semi and for some reason my gun just completely locks up and i have to switch to full auto and back to get it to shoot again, and finally the trigger response is pants with anything below a 9.6v nimh battery or a 7.4v lipo. The gearbox and motor also make horrific noises when shooting lately, i think its telling me its upgrade time!

I just absolutely wet myself laughing after reading that Jimmy Saville comment!!! :lol: Cracking!

I mainly do CQB skirmishes too and was looking at the G&G Scar L as an option. It is on my wish list which consists of a KWA or TM MP 7A1, a G&G Scar L and a TM PX4 GBB Pistol. Now, which body organ do I need to sell to fund such purchases?! :o

I just absolutely wet myself laughing after reading that Jimmy Saville comment!!! :lol: Cracking!

I mainly do CQB skirmishes too and was looking at the G&G Scar L as an option. It is on my wish list which consists of a KWA or TM MP 7A1, a G&G Scar L and a TM PX4 GBB Pistol. Now, which body organ do I need to sell to fund such purchases?! :o

i have no idea where it came from but lol! :D

sounds like a cracking set-up, i would recommend the scar as long as you have good internal knowledge and have a bit of cash to upgrade it after a while. mine needs some serious work haha!

Hey folks!

Im new here so if iv done something wrong in this post please go easy on me.

Iv had about 3-4(maybe more) airsoft guns over the last 10 or so years, mainly hand guns.

The first non-handgun I bought was a cheap CYMA G36C from Skegness when I was a kid and Iv just painted it pink and black for my fience along with a hand gun.

I have just been bought an M4A1 from the M4 on duty kit along with a Shotgun and a CYMA Desart Eagle for my birthday which will hopefully kick start my Skirmish games in order to get my Licence.

Here are the photos:

M4 on duty kit:

11927125463_732f9b1c0f_z.jpg

Untitled by the_badass_expendables, on Flickr

Combat Shotgun and Mini Pistol:

11927716816_aaf3662c91.jpg

CYMA CM.121 Desart Eagle:

11927314724_e19147bc37_z.jpg

CYMA CM.021 G36C:

11927313824_8cca06a1cc_z.jpg

I have just been bought an M4A1 from the M4 on duty kit along with a Shotgun and a CYMA Desart Eagle for my birthday which will hopefully kick start my Skirmish games in order to get my >>Licence<<.

Errrrrrrr-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer-urgh! (that's a klaxon)

Alert! No such thing! Alert! Read the UK Law forum! Alert! Don't even attempt to justify getting it wrong with "it doesn't matter", because it really really does! Alert!

Airsoft_Mr B and Mack like this