M_P

Gun picture thread

4406 posts in this topic

The ones the spetnaz sharpen up and throw at people, UTJ? I would love one of them :wub:

Here is my gun as it currently stands. I've included two pictures one with and one without the Eotech. I still can't make my mind up.

post-6474-0-64354900-1374084111_thumb.jpg

post-6474-0-33812500-1374084168_thumb.jpg

Monty likes this

Here is my gun as it currently stands. I've included two pictures one with and one without the Eotech. I still can't make my mind up.

with eotech looks better :)

Here is my latest, bit annoyed that it was sold as metal and wood, turns out it is plastic and plastic. It arrived with the fake wood and metral cover in green, so some sanding (with help from the Mrs) wood stain, dry brushing and sweat later I had this:

941219_10201420719137662_749743618_n_zps

Airsoft-Ed, Shinobi and Ian_Gere like this

Thanks mate, I've even dry brushed rust over the bare metal to dull it, photo bucket destroys the quality however. Can't have an AK looking pristine :-)

After cleaning most of the green off the fake wood, receiver still to go

IMG_20130718_224612_zps8409282a.jpg

While stripping the fluro green, the fake wood is also being stained before being re worn (check out the grey body too)

1017555_10201420817580123_227504998_n_zp

And after (mags been worn now to match)

1000706_10201420716657600_1872052363_n_z

Airsoft-Ed, Dan's Ark and Ian_Gere like this

The ones the spetnaz sharpen up and throw at people, UTJ? I would love one of them :wub:

I remember seeing a folding one that's based off a Chinese clone of the russian one at the airsofteire clearance bin.

Looking back now,I could have made the handle by cutting up an old broom and cuttin up some sorbothane and gluing it around the edges.

It's probably gone by now,since it was listed on their site.

Hnnngh gotta hate missed opportunities.

oooooo new optics!!!!!!! Going for a copy of the M4s used by the PJs in "inside combat Rescue"

C9ABE8CC-DA62-4374-B8A3-07F9CA43175B-300

6D7FDE99-6415-46E0-A92C-52463ED17E77-300

The 551 is already painted to match the gun. But unsure if i should paint the magnifier as i can use it on the SCAR as well as that has a 552.

these look the nutz on a scar I used both on mine way better than my acog

Didnt like the look of it on my scar. That's why it got painted. ACOGs look wrong on the SCAR but the 552 looks just right.

Didnt like the look of it on my scar. That's why it got painted. ACOGs look wrong on the SCAR but the 552 looks just right.

agreed acog looks pants on a scar I like the look my self of 552 and magnifier but makes it heavy carry all day

Is your magnifier flip to side and QD ??

Yeap it is indeedy! There is a certain satisfaction when you flip it up to take that longer shot.

With perhaps a slight caveat for the shorter AEG mags, those first 3 shots in particular are a very good demonstration for what a stable firing platform the 85 is, especially out 300-600m. Even a biff like me can do it.

For my contribution; took bloody ages, but I finally managed to get my LM4 finished and ready for some CQB gaming. So glad I moved over from the WOCs to this platform.

b4a61223-fdd2-4809-81f2-0918807a1bcc_zpsea3cb79e.jpg

IMG_1800_zpsfbe8413f.jpg

IMG_1809_zps98565c17.jpg

jcheeseright and Airsoft-Ed like this

For my contribution; took bloody ages, but I finally managed to get my LM4 finished and ready for some CQB gaming. So glad I moved over from the WOCs to this platform.

Would you recommend the LM4s then? What are the internals like? I imagine they're a much nicer gas blowback platform to run with, but I'm worried about the availability of parts and especially magazines.

I'm thinking of getting the WE M4 CQB for an L119 project, but do you think the LM4 might be better for it?

With perhaps a slight caveat for the shorter AEG mags, those first 3 shots in particular are a very good demonstration for what a stable firing platform the 85 is, especially out 300-600m. Even a biff like me can do it.

----- pictures ------

That is an extraordinarily pretty gun, what mount is that you've got the primary arms reddot on?

I've meant to ask you for ages, Ed... what sort of tape is that on your bloody grip-pod?

Would you recommend the LM4s then? What are the internals like? I imagine they're a much nicer gas blowback platform to run with, but I'm worried about the availability of parts and especially magazines.

I'm thinking of getting the WE M4 CQB for an L119 project, but do you think the LM4 might be better for it?

I always recommend them yeah. The trigger is aluminium but the parts which take the wear are all steel and the hammer's got a chunky roller bearing which is a big plus. They don't look as internally realistic as a WA or (from what little I know) a WE but that's why they're more robust. Depends which parts you'd be after but nothing's likely to break very quickly and there seems to be plenty of mags about.

I'm not sure how well it'd work for an SFW, depends on the barrel length to a large extent I'd imagine. The KWA receiver markings are fugly as hell so they'd need sorting; but getting/fitting the right handguard, stock, optic, gas block etc for the 119 wouldn't be any different to any other GBB system. I'm wouldn't buy anything WE personally, but some people love them, so obviously the base weapon is down to what the individuals requirements are.

That is an extraordinarily pretty gun, what mount is that you've got the primary arms reddot on?

Ta. Mount is one of these:

https://www.primaryarms.com/American-Defense-Aimpoint-T1-Mount-1-Piece-p/ad-t1-10.htm

Far above the quality of any airsoft equivalents, but also much cheaper than the likes of LaRue and Daniel Defence mounts. No idea if any who'll ship to the UK stocks them I'm afraid.

Uk shipping isn't a problem, I have family over in the states who can forward things providing its legal to do so, thanks for the heads up. Sick of having china soft clone red dots die on top of my MP7 and the primary arms sight might just fit the bill!

custom built L119a1

a2235a22.jpg

AA R85

606412e2.jpg

might dig out the rest of my armoury and get some up to date shots

How much for the AA R85?