M_P

Gun picture thread

4362 posts in this topic

Certainly unique. That much is for sure.

That's kinda what I was going for :)

Not too sure about that 'ivory carving' and how it fits in with the overall look, but otherwise brilliant.

The Ivory is underneath. It comes with sandpaper to shave off the layer of black to give it a silver/white highlight. See the attached picture; it's the advertisement photo. The only reason I haven't taken the sandpaper to it is I don't actually believe it will look as good as the advert.

Hm, I was more meaning the Salient arms style slides are very well complimented by simple stippling for the realistic look - maybe it's the plastic, but it's certainly unique just as said above!

That's kinda what I was going for :)

The Ivory is underneath. It comes with sandpaper to shave off the layer of black to give it a silver/white highlight. See the attached picture; it's the advertisement photo. The only reason I haven't taken the sandpaper to it is I don't actually believe it will look as good as the advert.

I assume it's just an ivory coloured plastic?

I've seen those frames on WGC, they're only a few dozen bucks. For some reason they just decided to call that scroll-work style 'Ivory', bit stupid in the modern age I think given certain things, but the name could just be a translation issue.

You couldn't make something as thin as a Glock frame out of actual Ivory anyway, it'd break before you could even assemble the internals let alone fire it.

Yep. I think calling it Ivory is stupid; I'll probably just leave it black. It's "Ivory" colored and painted over black, but in a nicer paint. It's unlikly to just flake off.

post-8799-0-12458800-1436470761_thumb.jpg

In the process of modifying a CASV to fit my SCAR-L, which turned out to kind of be a bit of a pain in the ass.

Still need to finish off a few bits and then spray it black to cover up the bits I had to slice up.

Swapping out the birdcage with a battlecomp flashhider.

CKinnerley and Lozart like this

My "tacticool" KSC/KWA Skorpion vz61:

post-9105-0-38258400-1436474026_thumb.jpg

May not be the prettiest thing but damn does she shoot well :)

sp00n, two_zero and MrMcG like this

Any idea whether those CASVs would fit a WE

I think that is a WE, aeg though. I don't know about fitting he might but the aeg and gbb are probably of different dimensions

Any idea whether those CASVs would fit a WE

Yup it's the WE AEG, it does fit as long as you're prepared to do a good bit of modifying. Same dimensions as the GBB I think..

Can write up a brief guide on how I did it if you're interested, needed a dremmel, hacksaw, drill, fine sand paper, Krylon, two blocks of wood, needlenose pliers, a thread tap and various other bits I've probably forgotten.

10399441_10153048307917913_346441395744811745577_10153048307962913_225351657540511040629_10153048308017913_1672472637041

CES_williamson, Monty and Mack like this

And a few more for good measure.

Trying to pick a thumbnail to use for my review video. yjWYGRf.jpgQsyhzpp.jpgsIdItuL.jpg

CES_williamson and Monty like this

Woo, finished.

Although might still add a sight..still undecided which

drolls over keyboard that front finishes it off lovely

drolls over keyboard that front finishes it off lovely

Thanks, wrote a brief guide on how to fit in to WE Scar's if you're interested in doing it yourself, think it should work the same on the H. Fairly sure the upper receiver is pretty much the same..

Will post a better picture once its fully finished...However, here is my Ares Vz.58 compact so far

Ares%20vz.58_zpseopt7loy.jpg

Will end up looking something close to this:

strikeback-s3-ep21-1780398-1600_zpshnrbe

Will post a better picture once its fully finished...However, here is my Ares Vz.58 compact so far

Ares%20vz.58_zpseopt7loy.jpg

Will end up looking something close to this:

strikeback-s3-ep21-1780398-1600_zpshnrbe

Nice one mate. How does it shoot?

I'm tempted to get one to finish off my czech loadouts but I can't justify the price since Ares made it and they have a bit of hit or miss record with their guns.

Nice one mate. How does it shoot?

I'm tempted to get one to finish off my czech loadouts but I can't justify the price since Ares made it and they have a bit of hit or miss record with their guns.

Shoots well, nice trigger response - Not used full auto as I only play at a SS site. However, not used it in game yet. It's very solid and well built. Quite heavy for such a small rifle

Yeah, I hear you about hit and miss, however, my M60 has never missed a beat and I managed to get the rifle + mag adapter inc shipping for £190 so was happy with it.

Happy and Lozart like this

WP_20150722_009_zps6657754d.jpg

WP_20150722_006_zps6ed2fa7e.jpg

Got all the externals for my sr25 now, time to head into the gearbox and do the shims, AoE and install a sorbo pad. Not sure if I should hard wire the mosfet in or not

Your KAC triple tap brake is off, the centre most cut of those grooves that run in line with the axis of the bore should be at 12 o/clock ideally. If you're not bothered then hey no matter, just FYI.

Not many AR-10s around so I always like to see them, the rifle itself looks good. Any reason for only the front iron sight out of interest?

Airsoft_Mr B likes this