M_P

Gun picture thread

4524 posts in this topic

Okay, I don't actually take delivery until 28th Feb so these are not my pics, but my Owen gun is finished!!

Meet Evelyn:

DSCF3025_zpsm8jfd19z_1.jpgDSCF3028_zpskb1xdga6_1.jpg

This earlier photo shows how she strips down for storage:

DSCF3011_zpsh0w6qzeh-1.jpg

Internally it's an ASG Sten Mk2 with a modified hop up. That means a modified ver7 gearbox. It takes MP40/Sten magazines. The entire hopup/barrel assembly can be removed using the barrel release catch, as you would on the real steel gun.

The Owen gun was the Australian equivalent of the Sten or the M3 Grease gun. It featured a vertical mag as this allowed mags to be changed whilst prone. The Sten also allows easy mag changes whilst prone but a mag in the side of the gun makes it more likely to catch on vegetation. A vertical mag also improves feeding. Unlike other submachine guns of it's era, it has the cocking handle in a separate section of the receiver from the bolt. The bolt will jam if dirt gets to it and the slot for the cocking handle is the most likely place for this to happen. This is the reason for the removable front end, as to strip it you have to take the bolt out from the front. In trials it was pitted against the Sten, Thompson and some german submachine guns, after immersion in sand and mud only the Owen would still fire. The design was not as cheap and easy to produce as the Sten, but Australia was in a very different position to the UK in that they were more self sufficient in terms of raw materials and their factories were not getting bombed.

Incidentally Evelyn Owen was the guy who invented it, hence my choice of name for this gun.

That's goddamn awesome.

Somewhat ironic that you've got an Aussie airsoft gun, isn't it?

The Owen gun is feck ugly, although it was about function over form, so it was by all accounts a good weapon and much better than the STEN, so it's also ironic that it's got STEN internals. In any case, I'm happy you've got an awesome replica of the gun you really wanted. It does look the dog's bollox.

Yay

My Tm meu arrived, and love it but it need a new hammer spring, as the one it's got stops the slide from dropping all the way forward every 2/10 shots or so

Airsoft_Mr B likes this

TM M&P.

IMAG0410.jpg

IMAG0411.jpg

I'd apologise for the quality of the pictures but you're probably all used to my phone camera's shitiness by now.

That mk46 is a thing of beauty clumpy, very jealous haha

That's the Marui Scar-L ready for tomorrows skirmish.

post-9528-0-09627300-1422709008_thumb.jpg

post-9528-0-31313000-1422709047_thumb.jpg

finally finished, skirmished and approved (by me) :lol::DB):ph34r:

73C9F71E-AA9C-492E-A025-01DF0F8CC934_zps

(asg mk23 socom, nine ball rail adapter, tactical flashlight & laser combo, Angry gun kriss vector 16mm to 14mm adapter, and a working airsoft silencer)

but the best thing is having a motor bike engine on an old sheet in my front room in bits :) if my ex wife was still here, she'd be going nuts

Love it, I'm thinking of making a stand and putting my old Harley Ironhead Motor on display in the corner of my living room.

Bolt cutters... just because cutting off a sniper's barrel is the best way to teach him to stay back from the window :ph34r:

Funny enough the one time I didn't carry my bolt cutters to a game day is the day that bolt cutters were needed for a game :/ that'll teach me!

TeddyBhoy and Ian_Gere like this

Here's my baby all repainted and nice lookin', also pictured is my KWA/KSC Skorpion vz61 with it's shiny new(ish) real steel wooden grip:

post-9105-0-34064000-1422998920_thumb.jpg

finally finished, skirmished and approved (by me) :lol::DB):ph34r:

[

9C-492E-A025-01DF0F8CC934_zpsfi028r2h.jpg]

(asg mk23 socom, nine ball rail adapter, tactical flashlight & laser combo, Angry gun kriss vector 16mm to 14mm adapter, and a working airsoft silencer)

What do you mean, working airsoft silencer? The bb makes pretty much zero noise when it leaves the barrel I thought. Do you mean it muffles the sound of the internals??

What do you mean, working airsoft silencer? The bb makes pretty much zero noise when it leaves the barrel I thought. Do you mean it muffles the sound of the internals??

so with aegs, gearbox screech.

With gas, you have the hammer hitting, gas releasing and bolt etc. with the mk23, it has no blowback, just a hammer so it is already quiet, and the silencer itself will dampen some bb sound and i'm guessing gas coming out of the barrel.

less moving parts = less sound generally, why hpa guns that use 1/2 solenoids are so quiet

tfsjHPp.jpg

Current phase of my Ikazuchi project. I was donated the JG StarDragon by a friend who had used it for cosplay. He actually thought it was the Poseidon original, but a quick glance showed it didn't have actual holes in the front and was the JG clone. The JG M4 inside it had broken, gear box shreaded/imploded (probably due to the 120% spring) and had damage to the trigger guard.

So far I've managed to remove the terrible paint job done to it by my friend and the underlaying JG crepe car dashboard rubber spray and silver paint, and give it a base coat of krylon fusion matt black (which has gone abit shiny in places from friction of use)

I inserted a TM High Cycle M4 in the place of the terrible JG. This required re-wiring the battery from solid stock to front, replacing the solid stock with sliding tube one, removing the RIS handguard and replacing the outer barrel with the one from the JG

Next steps are;

- Skirmish it more and see how it handles, feels good so far.

- Finishing installing a laser in the front section, just need to make some better internal mounting for it as having issues with the AEG battery pressing against it and knocking out of alignment.

- Building in a small torch into the bottom of the front handguard. I only need a very weak thin one capable of lighting the floor beneath my feet (so don't fall down the stairs in The Mall)

- Adding side rail on a flat panel

- Possibly building in the PEQ box from xcotech x3300w, if i can persuade a friend with decent electronic abilities to change the LED screen in it from a direct mount into the main board to a wired one. May just stick it on a side-rail.

- Might buy a better looking scope for it, but not too bothered as dont really use them.

- Might change the inner barrel to a shorter 20cm one like in the JG to prevent having to use the barel extension to use a tracer unit.

- Give it final paint-job, much more detail and some panels in a gun-metal-ish dark grey.

PT247, Caliber and Airsoft_Mr B like this